Old Venting Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm so sorry Shannon :( its so hard when relationships come to an end...especially when you think that person is the one. Stay strong and maybe this was meant to be as Mr. Right will be popping into your life someday. Your a great girl and the right one will come along and shower you with love.

P.S. Personally...after I ended my former relationships it turned out to be the best thing even though it didn't feel like it at the time. Oh and get this....the scary thing is that 3 of the buggers came into my dream last night all at the same time and I still haven't a clue why and don't particularly care to see them again....;) Now if I can just learn to slam the dream door ....:dry:

Try to stay strong....we're here for you.

awww, thank you all for the kind words. I am doing fine, and an emotional load has been lifted. Sucks when you realize you would be happier alone... The sunset seems more beautiful, my daughter growing up faster than I realize, her innocent smile.. all those simple things that you forget to enjoy when you are so unhappy. Unfortunately, the events over the last 6 months have been the most hurtful to endure, and I seemed to grieve all the while, trying and trying to save it, but still aware of the realization of the necessary end, and thank goodness it was not as painful as I anticipated. Very strange.... Again, thank you all for being your wonderful selves!

Shannon, I believe in fate, things happen for a reason. When you were unhappy your daughter probably felt the same. It is the little things that count, appreciate them all. Happiness to both you and your precious daughter !! Barb

i suppose this is a tiny vent, I don't believe it, why me and a good old laugh or cry situation..I got up today, got ready and went to the grocery to pick up a veal pocket (cima) that I'd ordered..I went to the meat department to find a small crowd gathere around an older woman, who was more than a little upset..Let's say speaking rather loudly. Fine I pull my basket over to the side to wait..The young butcher who is trying to explain something to the woman sees me, waves me over and says Maam, the veal you ordered is here, but this lady say's it's hers!!! She then screams it's in the counter, I asked for it you have to give it to me. I'm looking from one to the other rather dismayed..The owner of the store comes over asks what's wrong and she is off and running again..The poor young butcher is trying to explain that yes the meat is in the counter, but that Mrs. so and so's name is one it..Lord she really went into obit.. I was not about to fool with her so I said give her the meat and just give me two good sized rib eyes instead. Owner says you don't have to do that, I said PLEASE give her the meat! All the while she is yelling to everyone within shouting distance I was trying to take her meat... They wrapped up the meat, gave it to her and off she went muttering, no thank you nada..I get in line she is in another to check out and she then tells the girl, this isn't what I wanted, take it back! By this time owner has come upon us and he went over and told her you take that meat or else! Later he took out my groceries and explained she is very whealthy, spoiled and lonely, she comes to the store several times a week, loads up the basket, then when she
checks out, waits til things are started to be rung then say's she does not want this that and the other and ends up taking maybe two or three items..He say's they allow this for her as they feel sorry for her, but after today, she will be watched. When I got home and went over my grocery tag, The TWO steaks were given NO CHARGE to me with a bunch of flowers..
so vent a little, angry a little, glad I just walked away without smakcing her you bet! Praying I never ever behave that way to anyone ever..
kadesma:)

Having worked in a seafood meat service counter, The Butcher should have taken the meat out of the case, put it in the back fridge w/ your name on it !!! He was so wrong, you did just as I would have done -not fight a losing battle !! You go girl !! Enjoy your rib eyes - (My favorite) You tried Hon, to surprize DH, maybe next time !!

Wow, what a story, almost like the soviet union, fight for your piece of meat. Some people, huh, but I do agree meat should have been wrapped in white paper, and put away with your name on it, so not only anybody would see what's in there but also it would be clearly marked with your name.

Barb, Charlie,,
I agree the meat should have been kept in the back with my name on it. I've asked that to be done next time...Still in all, it was the easier thing to do to, just let her have her way..And get away from there fast...

kadesma:)

I had to chase our dog up the street just a few minutes ago. The kid from down the street cam to see if TC could come out to play & while I was explaining to him that TC is grounded for a week, Mack ran between my feet & out the door. I asked the kid to try & catch him while I slipped on some shoes & he just stood there looking at me like I was stupid!! This kid irritates me to no end anyway. He is very rude & talks back to his mom & teachers. On top of that he's mean to the other kids at school, kicking, hitting, & pushing them for no reason at all. He knows he's not going to get into any trouble at home for it because his mom thinks he's an angel.:glare: One major reason he acts like this is because his mom is also way overprotective & won't let him out of her sight for 2 seconds when he's home.

kades, those flowers are a reminder of how kind you are.
Plus, it's always nice to have a butcher who wants to get on your good side!

crewsk, that must drive you batty! Doesn't that make you realize (again) what great kids you have, that you know they'd help a neighbor's mom get their dog back?
Perhaps TC's grounding was a well-timed thing!

Yes it does drive me insaine! I'd love to let that kid spend a week at my house & learn a few things about respect & kindness. It does make me realize what good kids I have, I take that for granted sometimes.

On top of that, I had to leave Savannah laying on the couch with severe stomache cramps to get our dog. He's spending a little alone time in his kennel for running out like that.

Some of you already have heard this particular vent so feel free to ignore me. My computer is a piece of CRAP! I know we need to add more RAM, (or frankly we may be at the point of getting a new computer) but we need other things more. So, the computer fix will have to wait. Meanwhile, I crash if I even THINK about using MSN, and forget trying to print something from the Internet. ARGH! I'm trying to do a bunch of stuff for Bugs' ball team and I'm so frustrated I could snap. I've been fighting with the stupid bloody thing for 3 hours now and it will work only sporadically. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(And I know someone is going to ask so I'll tell you now, I can only run my spyware/anti virus removal programs in Safe Mode or I crash. I have done all of them recently so we are relatively free of kaka in that respect.)

I feel your pain Alix!! I could go bonkers with such probs, so kudos to you for keeping your marbles together!! I really hope you can get a new, faster and bigger computer soon, don't settle for RAM any smaller than 1GB, at the very least. That is not even enough for us and we will be looking something way expanded on our impending computer switch!!

Well there was a major blackout in the area of Cris's office, though he had the backup system ready something went wrong when the power came back 4 hours later, one of the servers doesn't run, and this one contains a lot of precious data from one of the most important clients, Cris has been in the office since 3AM trying to recover them and from the look of it, things have not been solved yet:( ... poor Cris, I hope nothing important has been lost!!

Meanwhile I had my usual petty frustration at the gym, my afternoon trip was pretty much useless, as my favourite spinning instructor was down with influenza and replaced by my LEAST favourite instructor, she bores me to death so I didn't bother with spinning any longer, decided to attack on punching bag at the aerobic room, then I was shooed away because they were going to have a staff meeting. :angry: Hoping for a better luck this evening!!:ermm:

oh dear :(

I can SO sympathise with you, the last time I got THAT Fried with a PC I suffered a Broken Arm in 3 places (I hit it and sent it flying, except I hit the Corner of it instead!).

do you know what PC it is, or even better Exactly what RAM type it needs, I can`t promise anything, but I can ask one of the Tech Guys for you (they have Loads of spare this/that/the other laying about) :)

don`t be Stupid like I was!

Well, 2 nights of very little sleep have taken their toll on me. I woke up with a headache, sore throat, stuffy nose, & sneezing. I haven't taken anything yet but I did drink some hot lemon/honey tea & my throat doesn't feel like it's lined with sandpaper anymore.

crewsk said:
Well, 2 nights of very little sleep have taken their toll on me. I woke up with a headache, sore throat, stuffy nose, & sneezing. I haven't taken anything yet but I did drink some hot lemon/honey tea & my throat doesn't feel like it's lined with sandpaper anymore.

Miss Crewsk...

Sorry to here you are not feeling well this AM:( Allergies maybe?
No matter..I do hope you feel better as the day progesses. Maybe some hot soup will pick you up..
Here is a big {{{{{{Miss Crewsk}}}}} from Dr. :ermm: ah Uncle Bob:LOL:

Thanks Uncle Bob! It is more than likely allergies. I'm on my to the kitchen now to warm up a bowl of veggie beef soup that my mom brought yesterday.

Oh, I forgot part of my vent earlier! I got lost on my way back home from taking the kids to school this morning!!:huh: :blush: I had to stop & get gas on my way home & instead of trying to turn left & fighting the traffic from the high school, I decided to take the back way into the subdivision. Well, long story short, I passed the rode not once, but twice!!!:doh: I have no idea where my head was at but I'm going to blame it on being sick.:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom