Old Venting Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
texasgirl said:
YOU GO GIRL!!!! I bet they think again before any of your grandbabies are sick or hurting!!!:LOL:
Hi Texas,
I did behave badly, but, ya know, Carson, needed help and I just barged in and insisted.I'd rather things were different, but I do believe I'd do it over if I had to.These kids are everything.

kadesma

:mad: OMG!Kades that is horrible I just had my very first ear infection a couple of months ago at the age of 49 I was getting too aggressive in cleaning my ears and brought it on my self but having gone thru it I know it is an awful pain, now I know why my younger brothers cried so much when they got the ear infection. It hurts like h**l.The only thing that really works is antbiotics the only other thing for a little relief is some warm air from a blow dryer to make the pain stop as long as you use it but the pain comes right back once you stop.How inconsiderate of these people to let a child suffer like that.Fortunatly I had some Ampicillan that friends gave me when they buy a supply from Mexico.It took care of the problem. I have a book called( Where there is no doctor).Its meant for third world countries.Any way it shows you how to diagnose certain problems and on the back pages in green tell what how much medicine you need to fix it it So I looked up the ear thing they tell you what to look for what you need to fix it and how much medicine you need to fix it. When you have no where else to turn its a great book to have.
Will post link in a minute.JP

Kadesma, I am sorry you had to go through that! It is so awful to see our little ones in pain, isn't it? I hope Carson is on his way to getting better soon - and good for you for getting him the help he needed!

jpmcgrew said:
:mad: OMG!Kades that is horrible I just had my very first ear infection a couple of months ago at the age of 49 I was getting too aggressive in cleaning my ears and brought it on my self but having gone thru it I know it is an awful pain, now I know why my younger brothers cried so much when they got the ear infection. It hurts like h**l.The only thing that really works is antbiotics the only other thing for a little relief is some warm air from a blow dryer to make the pain stop as long as you use it but the pain comes right back once you stop.How inconsiderate of these people to let a child suffer like that.Fortunatly I had some Ampicillan that friends gave me when they buy a supply from Mexico.It took care of the problem. I have a book called( Where there is no doctor).Its meant for third world countries.Any way it shows you how to diagnose certain problems and on the back pages in green tell what how much medicine you need to fix it it So I looked up the ear thing they tell you what to look for what you need to fix it and how much medicine you need to fix it. When you have no where else to turn its a great book to have.
Will post link in a minute.JP
Thanks JP,
I feel so lucky that my DH is a pharmacist,it sure helps, he had it called before the doctor visit, but he can only fill rx's not write them so a doc was needed..But we got some amoxacillian and this should do the trick.

kadesma

:) I know its a primitive book but has alot of good info when you are at your wits end.Also I have also just showed up at a doctors office if Im really stressed like a panic attack and just cant wait for an appointment because I can not breath and do not want to suffer thru the weekend.

Where There Is No Doctor

0333516524.01._SS500_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Michelemarie said:
Kadesma, I am sorry you had to go through that! It is so awful to see our little ones in pain, isn't it? I hope Carson is on his way to getting better soon - and good for you for getting him the help he needed!
Oh boy michele, it was a horror. Poor little kid. He's had the first dose of anti-biotic and finally fell asleep. So, now just get all the med in him and he will be fine.Mommy is staying home with him tomorrow so that will help alot.
kadesma who is pooped:ohmy:

jpmcgrew said:
:) Well that book says for Africa but the one I have is geared more for Mexico but Im guessing they are the same,
Thank you JP, I'll look for a copy to keep here in case I need it. You just never know when it might be needed like today!!!

kadesma

:) You can even just blow the hot air from your mouth into the ear to stop the pain for a while but you cant do it forever but the warm air works for as long as you do it,

jpmcgrew said:
:) You can even just blow the hot air from your mouth into the ear to stop the pain for a while but you cant do it forever but the warm air works for as long as you do it,
This afternoon as Carson was leaning against me I put my head down so my nose was at the top of his ear and he nodded off from the warmth of my breath. I'll call his mom and remind her of that and to try to keep his head elevated that helps to relieve the inner pressure. Thanks for reminding me.

kadesma

That sounds like a rough day kads! I hope Carson is doing much better! Way to make a stand for your Grandson, showing up at the dr.

We are very lucky to have a group of about 20 docs working in the same office. If one of the kids is sick and our doc is busy, then the kids can see someone else. They also have a 24nurse you can call for advice.

Great big hugs for you and Carson!

corazon said:
That sounds like a rough day kads! I hope Carson is doing much better! Way to make a stand for your Grandson, showing up at the dr.

We are very lucky to have a group of about 20 docs working in the same office. If one of the kids is sick and our doc is busy, then the kids can see someone else. They also have a 24nurse you can call for advice.

Great big hugs for you and Carson!
Thanks Cora, this group has about 12 doctors and an on call nurse, it's the office gals who tried to give me a bad time. I bet the all run for cover the next time they see me:LOL: In fact Carson has a check up next month. I think I'll talk my daughter into letting me take him:ROFLMAO:

kadesma

jpmcgrew said:

I remember when I was little and had an earache, my mother smoked, and she would blow the warm smoke into my ear. It really did feel good.

Poor lil guy! Don't you dare feel guilty about what you did..........if anything you encouraged others to stand up and march right into their doctors offices and sit till the staff surrenders. But above all you showed little C that Gma was a hero....be proud of yourself. He should really start feeling much better by tomorrow. Give him a gentle hug for me.

SizzlininIN said:
Poor lil guy! Don't you dare feel guilty about what you did..........if anything you encouraged others to stand up and march right into their doctors offices and sit till the staff surrenders. But above all you showed little C that Gma was a hero....be proud of yourself. He should really start feeling much better by tomorrow. Give him a gentle hug for me.
Sizz, thanks for the pep talk:) I don't feel so bad now, but I did regret being forced to play the wicked witch:LOL: I don't however feel bad that I got attenton for Carson, the doctor and the nurse my daughter said were both very gentle and did all they could to keep him comfortable. It was just the office staff that was a problem. He's already had two doses of the amox and by tomorrow like you say, he will feel so much better. And I'll pass on your gentle hug to him..He loves hugs..
kadesma

Glad to hear that everything worked out for the best and that your grandson is doing much better. As a child veteran of numerous ear infections (it got to where I prayed on a rosary on the way to the emergency room and a 2 hour wait minimum with my dad) I can just feel what you must have gone thru. Of course back then we didn't have the great tasting bubble-gum flavored amoxicillin---we had the tank-sized, pain-searing (hence the rosary) penicillin shot in the gluteus maximus. But I have to admit by the next morning you felt so much better.

Grandmas are not to be messed with when it comes to children suffering and believe me there is no worse pain in a child than a throbbing earache.

Oh dear me, poor, poor Carson!! (((Hugs))) Your action shows what a role model of a "Ma" you are, and you have nothing to apologize about or feel bad for regarding the action you took. I would have been right up there with you if I could, after all, as an adoptive aunt!! ;)

I hope and pray he will be better and out of pain very soon!!!

:) Yep! Sometimes you do what you gotta do either for yourself or others I have found that if you raise a little H**l you get what you need.Being assertive with people really works but you must be diplomatic to get what you want and persistance almost always works.
Kades you can get the book on Amazon.If anything else its an interesting read it even shows you how to deliver a baby.

expatgirl said:
Glad to hear that everything worked out for the best and that your grandson is doing much better. As a child veteran of numerous ear infections (it got to where I prayed on a rosary on the way to the emergency room and a 2 hour wait minimum with my dad) I can just feel what you must have gone thru. Of course back then we didn't have the great tasting bubble-gum flavored amoxicillin---we had the tank-sized, pain-searing (hence the rosary) penicillin shot in the gluteus maximus. But I have to admit by the next morning you felt so much better.

Grandmas are not to be messed with when it comes to children suffering and believe me there is no worse pain in a child than a throbbing earache.
Thanks expat, things are quiet and happy this morning and our little man is up and about and smiling, and so is his Ma..

kadesma

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom