Old Venting Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
urmaniac13 said:
Oh dear me, poor, poor Carson!! (((Hugs))) Your action shows what a role model of a "Ma" you are, and you have nothing to apologize about or feel bad for regarding the action you took. I would have been right up there with you if I could, after all, as an adoptive aunt!! ;)

I hope and pray he will be better and out of pain very soon!!!
Hi Aunty,
I would have more than welcomed your help yesterday.
Daughter just called and a little voice said Hi Ma :LOL: He slept all night and is up and bugging mommy for pbj for breakfast:ROFLMAO: Kids, they pop back so fast...Having a chat with him was so nice..He usually won't do much but say Hi, bye and he's gone..So I felt so good at the I love you this morning, I bet I fly all day:)
kadesma

pdswife said:
Kades... you are a good grandma!!!!

Glad to hear things are better today!
Hi pds, he is up and running this morning. Mommy is home with him today but they are comming by so we can make some pretzels, Why when there is a billion things to do before sunday..But I promised so bring on the pretzels:LOL:

kadesma

jpmcgrew said:
:) Yep! Sometimes you do what you gotta do either for yourself or others I have found that if you raise a little H**l you get what you need.Being assertive with people really works but you must be diplomatic to get what you want and persistance almost always works.
Kades you can get the book on Amazon.If anything else its an interesting read it even shows you how to deliver a baby.
Thanks jp,
I do want to get that book, so I'll go see amazon..Thanks. I kind of think I wasn't to diplomatic yesterday, but I was as stubborn as a mule. Does that count?:ROFLMAO:

kades

:) Being stubborn is great just think if he had to go thru all last night and today before he got his medicine.I would complain to the head of the doctors about the office girls alot of the time the docs have no clue what they are up to.
When you get the book let me know what you think.

jpmcgrew said:
:) Being stubborn is great just think if he had to go thru all last night and today before he got his medicine.I would complain to the head of the doctors about the office girls alot of the time the docs have no clue what they are up to.
When you get the book let me know what you think.
I sure will. I'm so glad you let me know about this book. It will be great to have on hand.

kades:)

It's so funny.... our condo isn't quite finished so we're staying in another condo down the road for a few days. Maid service has been spotty at best. No new towels... haven't swept.. made the bed but... I don't think they changed the sheets, table sticky, things like that. Today, I stuck around while the maid was here... what a difference. They swept and washed the floor, cleaned the toilets, wiped down all the surfaces and gave me tooooo many new clean towels.

I guess my vent is.... why don't people do their jobs correctly?
Do they think that I can't tell a dirty towel from a clean one? I wiped up some coffee with one yesterday and they folded it up but put it on he counter.... sigh...

lol.... not much of a vent I guess.

smiles, T

roflmao, we had hired a cook/housekeeper when we visited. One evening we were served liver and I immediately spit it out in my napkin. I never thought we'd have to discuss dinner since I assumed (I know...azz u me) that Mexican food would be served.

Hey this has NOTHING to do w/Mexicans...it's just when help is hired for a week or so, some of them don't give a rat's behind.

Well, the next time we had her make dinner, I unfolded my napkin and the liver I'd spit out was still there. LOL, she hadn't even bothered to shake out the napkin before it was refolded.

:) Kades found the one you want
"", "
See larger image");

Where There Is No Doctor: A Village Health Care Handbook (Paperback)
by David Werner (Author), Carol Thuman (Author), Jane Maxwell (Author)
stars-4-5.gif
(50 customer reviews)
List Price:$22.00 Price:$22.00 & eligible for FREE Super Saver Shipping on orders over $25. Details

Availability: In Stock. Ships from and sold by Amazon.com. Gift-wrap available.

Want it delivered Friday, April 6? Order it in the next 0 hours and 13 minutes, and choose One-Day Shipping at checkout. See details

25 used & new available from $17.99

table td.otherEditions { text-align: left; vertical-align: middle; }Also Available in:List Price:Our Price:Other Offers:Paperback (2Rev Ed) [URL="http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/0333516516/ref=lp_g_1/104-7097203-8321507?ie=UTF8&qid=1175811307&sr=1-2"]15 used & new from $17.53 [/URL]

Keep connected to what's happening in the world of books by signing up for Amazon.com Books Delivers, our monthly subscription e-mail newsletters. Discover new releases in your favorite categories, popular pre-orders and bestsellers, exclusive author interviews and podcasts, special sales, and more.

Last edited:
(((Kades))) I'm just reading this now- The poor little guy and his "Ma". Dennis used to suffer from ear infections all the time when he was little I unfortunately remember his younger years as one big scream. He was prone to them due to a deformed eustachian tube but, I know the poor kids suffer so with the pain and when you have hard hearted imbeciles(can I say imbeciles can I even spell it correctly???) who aren't feeling that pain or care to know that a child is in pain- well don't get me started!!!!!I sure hope the worst is behind him and every one will be able to have a Happy Easter!Carson sure is lucky to have a stand up for him grandma!!!!!Love and energy, Vicki

:) I just remembered when I worked I worked in surgery at a hospital in Colorado all I did was clean equipment etc but we would get alot of Native American kids in to the surgery department to get Tympanoplasties spelled wrong Im sure which was getting a graft over the ear drum to cover a hole that was caused by letting an ear infection go too long.Nothing the parents did wrong but just not having the means to fix it in the first place.
You should have seen these kids they where so stoic and never cried or showed any fear.

VickiQ said:
(((Kades))) I'm just reading this now- The poor little guy and his "Ma". Dennis used to suffer from ear infections all the time when he was little I unfortunately remember his younger years as one big scream. He was prone to them due to a deformed eustachian tube but, I know the poor kids suffer so with the pain and when you have hard hearted imbeciles(can I say imbeciles can I even spell it correctly???) who aren't feeling that pain or care to know that a child is in pain- well don't get me started!!!!!I sure hope the worst is behind him and every one will be able to have a Happy Easter!Carson sure is lucky to have a stand up for him grandma!!!!!Love and energy, Vicki
Hi Vicki,
Carson was up at 7 demanding pbandj for breakfast:LOL: He is much better today, no more pain, but he tires out pretty fast. His mom took today off so he is one happy camper right now. Me, I didn't realize just how keyed up I was til I tried to sleep last night. At 3 this morning I finally was able to relax after some hot tea and just sitting in the dark looking outside...I had the day to myself as DH had to work so I just got things done for sunday and made Alix's bar cookies again this time with chocolate chips, and the short cakes for sunday...Got cooies cut and shortcakes bagged and in freezer, did some planting around my fish pond and then just had some ice tea and sat outside..I know I'll sleep well tonight. Have a wonderful Easter with your family and thanks for thinking of us..

kadesma

jpmcgrew said:
:) I just remembered when I worked I worked in surgery at a hospital in Colorado all I did was clean equipment etc but we would get alot of Native American kids in to the surgery department to get Tympanoplasties spelled wrong Im sure which was getting a graft over the ear drum to cover a hole that was caused by letting an ear infection go too long.Nothing the parents did wrong but just not having the means to fix it in the first place.
You should have seen these kids they where so stoic and never cried or showed any fear.
OH those poor babies,and their poor parents. It's had to understand a world where some have so very much in life and other so little,but one day maybe, people will realize and some change will come about..

kades

:) I understand Carson being so tired and you, it took alot of energy to deal with so much pain now that it is gone and he is feeling good you and him can finally can can get back the energy you need to feel normal again sometimes all you need is a good sleep its needed to get back to how he he and you used to feel because these things are so incredibly draining and now it feels soo good to to finally get a really good nights sleep.

Last edited:
Alix,
I hate refilling bobbins. You can buy pre-threaded bobbins at wal-mart or any place they sell thread usually. They cost about $1.82, you get like 16 in a pack, usually black and white. You can't usually put as much on w/ your machine as comes pre-threaded, which means you don't have to stop as often and when you do have to stop you just pop one on from the pack and not wreck your sewing flow. I love them!
I have no vent, I am pretty happy today! But w/ the holiday this weekend, I'm sure I can feel one coming on soon. Happy Easter to those who celebrate it;)

My youngest boy moved to some apartments in another city. They are old, but, decent. Well, I thought they were until my son called me yesterday and told me that someone broke into his truck!!!!! I am so MAD!! The momma in me wants to go find the little jerk and beat the crud out of him!! Why is it we work hard for even the little things and some punk comes up without any feelings and steals what they refuse to work for?? Thankfully, they weren't able to get his subs out. They are pretty much built into the truck, but, they got his ipod nano and a soft pellet gun. There goes $200 worth of things that he doesn't have the money to replace now!! AND had to pay to fix the window that they busted out!!
Too many people on this earth that are too freaking lazy to work and get their own things! ARGH!!!

Texas,
it's never ending! The minute you get two steps ahead someone decides they want what you have..I to get pretty fed up with the goofs who feel the world ows them a living..Why should they work for it they will just helpthemselves to yours! Makes me want to kick em to the curb...I'm just so sorry about this..Your kids have had enough..It's time they got a break for a change...Thank heaven they have you and DH..
kadesma

ok...this is petty, I know. I don't get frustrated often - BUT. I live out in the sticks. The only way for me to shop is online. Usually all goes well...I splurged and bought a necklace and a pair of earrings to match. The necklace is great. The earrings? Well, I could see they were broken before I even opened the package. So I returned them for a replacement. The 2nd pair came - one earring hung backwards! So...I returned them with a note. Tonight I got a phone call from the company. "What is wrong with the earrings?" I explained. She said, "I don't understand." I explained AGAIN. I had filled out their form for a replacement. She asked if I want a credit?!! No, I'd like a replacement...hmmmmmm. Should it be so difficult? :huh:

callie said:
ok...this is petty, I know. I don't get frustrated often - BUT. I live out in the sticks. The only way for me to shop is online. Usually all goes well...I splurged and bought a necklace and a pair of earrings to match. The necklace is great. The earrings? Well, I could see they were broken before I even opened the package. So I returned them for a replacement. The 2nd pair came - one earring hung backwards! So...I returned them with a note. Tonight I got a phone call from the company. "What is wrong with the earrings?" I explained. She said, "I don't understand." I explained AGAIN. I had filled out their form for a replacement. She asked if I want a credit?!! No, I'd like a replacement...hmmmmmm. Should it be so difficult? :huh:
Callie,
Yup, it's like talking to a rock! The same thing happened to me with a Christmas present for one of the boys..Ordered the oldest boy 3 different types of bacon and two types of sausages, got the box, 3 kinds of sausage and a ham!!! I call, okay, send it back, I send it back, they send me the same darn box I just returned!!! So I call, tell them exactly what I want, and they do send the right thing, only now they want me to pay for two orders of 3 bacon and 2 sausages plus a ham I returned!!! ARGGGGHhhhhh..Poor woman still can't hear:LOL: Needless to say, no more from that place..They are done,.
kadesma

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom