Old Venting Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hang in there, darlin'. You've come too far to lose ground now. Just hang tough. You can make it through. You know that when you need a sounding board and/or shoulder, we are always here.

I know, I'm not going to mess it up, not now. Thank you!!

Sounds like second opinion time TG. Is seeing another doctor an option? I'm praying everything works out.

:)Barbara

We went after the first few appointments to another to get a 2nd and he told he would have started it out the same. Well, we will go back to the 2nd next time. If we are going to pay for the stupid test anyway, we're going to get another person to do the test too.

Last edited:
my f-i-l was taught a special way to take pills and swallow food when he had that problem that really helped---do get a second opinion and best wishes for your hubby
Unfortunately, his isn't as easy as that, lord how I wish it were!! That would be so good. The muscles in his throat do not work and never will, so it seems.:neutral:
We are definately going to find someone else that won't charge us $80 just to say, well, I don't know what else to do.:wacko:

pet peeves

one irritant or peeve is my husband saving one tablespoon of food ! Tell me what one can do with a tablespoon of tunafish, or mashed potato , or milk or anything else? Another one is saving chicken fat from cooked chicken for the dog... need I say , dog likes it but I do not like effect of it , flatulence! ugh!:mad:
Another one is giving the dog left over wet cat food, honestly, is one lousy tablespoon of cat food a waste? Also affects dog with big stink!! :ohmy:

Well, I'd suggest serving DH a week's worth of Tablespoon Delight. His special dish only for him and then make him load the dishwasher with all the containers or wash them if they need to be done by hand! :)

The guy across the street still has not found homes for his dogs (I think they are a pit bull mix). I love the dogs (almost wish I didn't), but if they don't go soon, I don't know what is going to happen. The dogs (those two and the neighbor's boxer pup--the same age, but maybe from the same litter) run loose all the time. They steal things from all the neighbors (trash, clothes, shoes, etc.) and leave it all strewn through our yard. They have brought various animal bones including a small skull and, last week, a cow skull. I don't think the boxer starts any of the mischief, but he gets involved since he runs with them. Late at night Cubbie (our dog) sometimes goes out alone, and sometimes will run and play with them, but now that I know what I found out today, I won't let him out alone until they are gone. Last week I found a lot of feathers in our yard. They were a lot bigger than those from the little birds that hang out in our trees, so I was sure the cats didn't kill it. Today I found the largest of the dogs in our yard with the half-eaten remains of a chicken. The people behind us have chickens. The dogs' owner wasn't home, so I left a note on his door letting him know about the chickens. I'm worried about what will happen when they are full-grown (I think they are around 10 months old--their owner says they were born around October 2006, but there is no way they are that old). There are no little kids on our road, but their neighbor (the one with the boxer) does have grandkids who visit every weekend. I also don't like that Cubbie has been getting really aggressive when he plays with them. The dogs also chase our cats.

:mad:Barbara

Neighbors

Sounds like you have neighbor problem too. I don't care what it is, when you have to live next door to someone they just don't seem like it is any of your business. My neighbors are really from the pit of ****. They are involved in rescue group and she doesn't bathe or care for them the way one should. She lets the dogs run into my yard and they do their business and take off. Your dogs sound like more serious. I would be fearful of those dogs. People today just seem like they are getting more self centered and could care less what you think. Not good old days. Said hello and goodbye and always always treated neighbors like you wanted to be treated.

I am sorry Barbara L but only thing I suggest is you have to do what you think is right and forget what the others think. Kind of sad that they kill the guy's chickens. As long as they don't blame your dog. What kind you got? I had to call Animal Control on neighbor in back because his Rotweiler and Dobermann were in my yard trying to get my miniature schnauzer and shih tzu. Did this so often i called and then the gal from the office tells me I should have rabies tag on my dogs. What did that have to do with threat of the dogs coming in my yard and trying to get my dogs? Didn't have rabies tag on them. what stupid thing to complain about. Well, better than the dog mauling my dogs. Neighbors! You can have all of them. Bring back the ones that were here when I first moved here.

You're right ITK, it is a neighbor problem. He seems like an ok guy (well, he stays to himself when he is at home), but he hasn't done anything about the dogs. Our dog is a 14-month-old German Shepherd mix (we think half Rottweiler). Most of the time Cubbie stays in the house with me or is hooked up out in the yard.

I don't want anything bad to happen to the dogs. I have even suggested to him that he take them to a local no-kill shelter. I even offerered to do it. The dogs are actually really sweet, but I'm afraid they won't be for long if something doesn't happen soon.

:huh:Barbara

I've watched a lot of court shows and you wouldn't believe the number of cases that involved "well my Rottweiler and pitbull never hurt anyone in their lives and it must have been their little dog, child, or cat that provoked them to attack." Guess what? The owners lost in every case because these breeds are considered weapons and if they are off the leash the owners are liable for any damages. I think that you should do what you think is right and not let your emotions rule you. Killing chickens that have a legal right to be there is a potentially bad thing---because once the dog gets the taste of blood in their mouths they will continue to kill. Please warn the neighbor who has grandchildren visiting to be with them at all time outdoors with something to ward them off with should they be running and attack (bottle of ammonia water works just fine) Hope that you get this resolved soon, Barbara........

Thanks expat,

The guy with the grandkids owns the boxer puppy that runs with them. The boxer came in a few minutes ago and I could smell that chicken on his breath. I gave him some dog biscuits to help. Yuck. Something will be done soon. I knew it was going to get worse and now that they have started killing chickens, it will probably get even worse if it goes on. I want those puppies in a nice home where someone will care about them. They are absolutely the most lovable dogs you'd ever want to meet. They deserve better than what will happen if something doesn't change.

:neutral:Barbara

You know it's very hard to make decisions when they are so cute and sweet. We had the sweetest, cutest little puppy when we were about 3,4,5 years old (and in that order)and we went to visit my grandmother's farm. Well, Trixie, within 30 minutes of arriving went chasing after my uncle's goose and killed it. My uncle came over later and took Trixie away in a bucket. He kept her tied to his front porch under the shade of big oak trees and kept her well fed but she was not going to kill anymore geese or chickens. We all just thought he was being mean---and then later our other cousins told us that he put her down after we left. Of course I understand now---once they get the taste of blood in their mouths--that's it. They won't stop killing. And it may be inbred in the puppies, too. Maybe, your local Animal Control can help with what to do but I have a feeling you're not going to like what they have to say. So sorry you have to deal with this.

Frustration

I've been waiting all day for the big brown truck to deliver my food grinder, I see that truck go to my neighbor's house . Neighbor got his delivery but I didn't get mine . I went to the web site to track my package and I see it says Emergency not UPS fault:huh: It has been bad weather all day but then why did my neighbor get his delivery and not me ??? :angry: Weather prediction , more of the same as today, rain ,snow , sleet. Does that mean I have to wait longer ?

Well, had a company meeting last night. It was okay...UNTIL, I was stabbed in the back by my supposed "friend" and lied to by boss.
My "friend" is the manager at the first location that I worked for and trained me, we are only 1 year and some days apart. We normally get along, but, there were times that she really got on my nerves, calling me at home to switch my day off {day before mine} cause her kid is sick, that happened NUMEROUS times. Other things too, but, that's okay, I got past that. Now, bosses know that I'm lookiing for another job and are trying to keep me by rotating all of us so that we aren't at the same location every day, this "friend" has been talking about this for over a year, well, last night, she said NO, she doesn't want to do that, and she knew the reason for doing this, then, called me out on a project that was suppose to be done, but, could not be done because SHE lost a cd that I had to have to do it. I did not call her out in retaliation, I should have, but, didn't. Come to find out this morning, SHE HAS THE CD!!! And doesn't want the rotation because she wants me to work there instead. WHATEVER!!! I am SO done with this place!!!

I've been waiting all day for the big brown truck to deliver my food grinder, I see that truck go to my neighbor's house . Neighbor got his delivery but I didn't get mine . I went to the web site to track my package and I see it says Emergency not UPS fault:huh: It has been bad weather all day but then why did my neighbor get his delivery and not me ??? :angry: Weather prediction , more of the same as today, rain ,snow , sleet. Does that mean I have to wait longer ?
It could be that your package came from a different area than your neighbor's and bad weather there affected your delivery. Hopefully you will get it soon. :cool:

...I am SO done with this place!!!
I am praying for you TG that you find a job that you really love.

Now for my vent--More of a lament than vent though. I just realized that James will be home for our anniversary this year, since it is on a Friday (March 21), but I will be in California! I'm happy to be going but sad about that. :(

:(Barbara

It could be that your package came from a different area than your neighbor's and bad weather there affected your delivery. Hopefully you will get it soon. :cool:

I don't know, the ups website the package was out for delivery, so it should have arrived. sighs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom