Old Venting Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I want you to know I'm sending out healing positive vibes to you and your and hope that you have a restful, uneventful night so you'll be ready for your tests tomorrow. Be sure and let us know how your tests went, OK?

I wanted to thank all of you for your kind words. I remember the treadmill test, had it done in 03, ugg. I did pass with flying colors, but my doctor kept saying we should do it again since it has been so long since I last did it. We just never got around to doing it, not her fault, mostly it is the depression that keeps me from staying on top of this stuff.
It doesn't feel to bad right now, so I think I am going to wait it out unless it suddenly gets much worse.
Thanks again Fishers Mom, Pacanis, Texasgirl, and Kadesma.

;) Do you take something for your depression? I was mildly depressed for years and did not know it I also had anxiety attacks. I used to be able to control the panic attacks for years until one summer about 5 years ago. The doc put me on Paxil and now I am the best I've ever been. It turns out I like to do art in jewelry, floor clothes, and wooden crosses of all sorts. I do wood burning, painting and decoupage on the crosses some of my crosses are as tall as six feet and go as small as 8 inches. My jewelry is made from all kinds of mediums from turquoise, glass and many, many other kinds of stones. I love learning about the different kind of stones.

Last edited:
;) Do you take something for your depression? I was mildly depressed for years with anxiety attacks. I used to be able to control the panic attacks for years until one summer about 5 years ago. The doc put me on Paxil and now I am the best I've ever been. It turns out I like to do art in jewelry, floor clothes, and wooden crosses of all sorts. I do wood burning, painting and decoupage on the crosses. My jewelry is made from all kinds of mediums from turquoise, glass and many, many other kinds of stones
Oh, oh, we need pictures JP! I'm especially fascinated with painted floor cloths.

Yea those would be cool to see.

Not to get too far into it, but I was diagnosed with Major Depression, PTSD, and Panic Disorder in 03. We have tried pretty much every drug available with no success, and my last hospitalization in Jan 07 they tried ECT with no success. That is not to say we have tried every drug out there, just those available under Medicaid.
The Depression and Diabetes feed each other, which is the real source of the problem for me.

Buddy, not trying to lessen the seriousness of the problem but sometimes doctors can get blinded by the big problems that they don't see the little ones. Have you looked at your muscular frame? I know I have in the past had "chest" pains that have had absolutely nothing to do with my heart but the muscles over the ribs/neck/shoulder etc. Because you have a heart problem, they may not even consider the simple things. Start a diary where you write down what you have done that day and whether you experience any pains or not. If nothing else, the doctors can use the info perhaps to narrow down the area of concern.

EKGs are only so good and are at their best when you are experiencing the pain. I think the echo you mentioned is the one where a tube is placed down your throat.

I know what you mean about going into the hospital when they do nothing. Used to happen to me so often. And if it wasn't that end, it would be the opposite to you and they would say, we can't let you leave just in case. I have spent more days waiting around the hospital supposedly for observation and yet not visited by anybody (dr, nurse, flower arranger...)! These days, I go into hospital after about four hours of ill health that is not abating or is getting worse and usually involves pain or vomiting. Because I am renal, they treat me differently to a patient just in thru ER and I automatically get a priority rating.

But Buddy you really do need to keep going in every time it happens however frustrating it is and the earlier you do it the better. let them see the early symptoms. Keep a briefcase of things to do while you are waiting ready to go so that ER down time is not wasted. I always grab a thick book as I walk out of the door to amuse myself with for when I am up to it but being a good ex-dialysis patient, I am very experienced at staring into space for hours at a time!!! LOL

As another thought, can you go to a different hospital next time it happens? Get some new perspectives on it that haven't seen your file.

Well, it is a waiting game now. I was told that once they 'found' and 'available' cardiologist he would look over the results and then fax them all to my doctor.
Ick, no not that test, no tube down the throat. This was ultrasound, same as they use for pregnant women to see the baby and hear its heartbeat.

Dina have you tried Zyrtec? It used to be prescription but it is now over the counter. I had a full body rash last year that was so itchy I cried every night. literally. I tried a million things and zyrtec worked like a miracle drug. Check it out it is for all types of allergies.
I got the plain Claritin and it helped for about 5 hours and I'm sick with the pressure headache and scratchy throat. I will try Zyrtec tomorrow. Thank you.

Well, it is a waiting game now. I was told that once they 'found' and 'available' cardiologist he would look over the results and then fax them all to my doctor.
Ick, no not that test, no tube down the throat. This was ultrasound, same as they use for pregnant women to see the baby and hear its heartbeat.
Buddy,
I'd go get a second opinion on this. We shouldn't take our health for granted. I hope all goes well for you and they give you a diagnosis soon. Good luck and prayers are on their way to you.

Test came back negative. I asked if that meant there was nothing wrong and she said no it just meant that whatever happened Saturday did not cause any damage and the heart is pumping fine.
So now I am supposed to call the Cardiology Dep. tomorrow to make an appointment and we go from there.
Very frustrating.

Yea those would be cool to see.

Not to get too far into it, but I was diagnosed with Major Depression, PTSD, and Panic Disorder in 03. We have tried pretty much every drug available with no success, and my last hospitalization in Jan 07 they tried ECT with no success. That is not to say we have tried every drug out there, just those available under Medicaid.
The Depression and Diabetes feed each other, which is the real source of the problem for me.

i am so sorry that you have such a hard time. i know how it feels. after my husband was murdered in 96 i too was diagnosed with depress and pstd, which included panic attacks. it took my shrink three years to find a combo that worked for me. still each year , when the date of the murder and subsquent trial come around, i really have a hard time. hang in , i was on medical so know how that goes. for a while victim witness fund payed for it. now i have insurance. i don't see a shrink anymore, had enough of them. i am shrinked out. it is what it is. my family dr. writes script for the drugs. i hope that you can find meds that help.

babe :(:(:(for your

Last edited:
Wow I killed the thread... sorry.
Anyway, I debated updating but decided oh well. So here is the story:
I went back to the ER on Wednesday evening. They did another EKG and said it was similar to the last one. I said, so run another test, you cant tell me that after ten years in med school they only taught you one test. So he ran an enzyme test and came back and told me I had indeed had a heart attack. Two of em.
So they admitted me around 3am. Told me at 7am they would give me that angiogram thing to take a look around and maybe correct any minor problems they find by doing an angioplast.
So 4pm rolls by and they finally give me the test, and I am starved as they have not let me eat or drink anything all day. After the test they tell me I have to have open heart surgery, triple bypass. Angioplast and balloons wont work.
Uggg. So later that night they take me down for another test to check the arteries in my neck. Then they leave me in the hallway for an hour and a half before someone comes gets me. Later that day I go down for a breathing test, only the machine is broke so back up I come.
I spent most of today getting blood samples taken and letting every tom dick and harry listen to my heart. I feel like a freak show here, they keep parading doctors by to do the same thing over and over and over and over and over and over.
And then, DW disappears for most of the day. She was supposed to drop off the kids at 10:30 at the deacons house, but didn't show until 3:30. She claims she was running 2 hours late from the house, and then got held up at the deacons house talking to the wife for a couple of hours. She was dressed up so I think she went on a couple of appointments for clients and won't admit it. Either that or somewhere else but I won't go there right now...
So now I am just hanging out here waiting for the surgery, which is tentatively scheduled for Tuesday afternoon. They said it should take about 4 hours with another 12 in the ICU and then 3 more days in the hospital before I can go home.

Buddy, I am praying for you as you go through this. I know this last week has been a real roller coaster ride for you, both physically and emotionally. Know that I, and your other DC family members, are there with you through this, lifting you up and trusting that all will turn out well. Take care of yourself and think of your health first, but when you have the chance, let us know that you are okay.

:flowers:Barbara

Take care Maverick,
sending you good thoughts, prayers and wishing you peace..Get well and know we all are pulling for you.
kadesma:)

Thank goodness they found the problem when they did Buddy! Better the bypass then a massive heart attack! I am terribly glad you perservered in getting answers. Good for you! You must be rather nervous but don't be. Just lie back and soak up all the attention. I am sure you will breeze through it. Thinking of you and wishing you well.

10 years ago I had chest pains ( and not severe either) due to stress (my father was dying) and the ER refused to let me go home though they did the EKG, the enzyme tests, chest x-rays, and placed a tablet under my tongue (to see if it was angina)---all came back normal but they still kept me overnight for observation. Of course, I wasn't on Medicare or Medicaid, either. They released me with a prescription for anxiety which really helped a lot. Then I drove home and saw my dad for the last time. Center on yourself now, Mav, and don't worry about what your wife is up to or not. YOu don't need anymore added stress caused by things that you can't control right now. Focus on getting well for the time being and of course the doctors are probably going to want you to make some lifestyle changes, too. Best of luck and I know that you'll be in everyone's thoughts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom