Old Venting Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
thanks luvs! appreciate your quick response. I can't ask on the phone have to wait till appointment 06/26. Doctor always tells me to ask questions at appointment. Until then guess it is okay to drink before rather than after the pill

thanks luvs! appreciate your quick response. I can't ask on the phone have to wait till appointment 06/26. Doctor always tells me to ask questions at appointment. Until then guess it is okay to drink before rather than after the pill
Why can't you ask on the phone? Don't just assume it is safe to take the pill after the wine! If your doctor won't answer questions on the phone you need to do two things. Ask your pharmacist the questions you have about drug interaction, and get another doctor! I just want you to be safe! Also, check out the website I mentioned above, but please ask someone now.

:ermm:Barbara

my personal nurse is switching jobs & now i've got a new nurse. i was so attached to her.

Thanks to all of you for your concern and advice. Since I have been more or less trying to adjust to being on my own without the abuse of my ex life is not easy. No sympathy necessary just facts. This world does not allow for people who say they have rotten life. I did call the pharmacy as you all have suggested and the pharmacist told me red wine is okay as long as I don't drink with the medication. I told her the name amitriptyline 75mg so maybe it isn't considered one of the strong ones. I only know it makes me sleepy and will ask the doctor when I visit. I do call him on urgent things but he calls back after 6-7 or maybe next day, never know for sure when he calls. Sometimes I miss him completely and t hen next day same thing over again. Other doctor I had who has passed away would call around 5 t he same day. I just wonder about the training these new doctors have. Not the same like they used to be.

Thanks for your concern. Please accept the apology for troubling you as you all have your own more heavy burdens. As my son has said in the past, 'don't jerk people around with your trouble, why not find a solution' sounds cold but his father was worse. I can't fault the children for the condition of the family they grow up in. My own father was exactly like my ex husband.

Thanks for your concern. Please accept the apology for troubling you as you all have your own more heavy burdens. As my son has said in the past, 'don't jerk people around with your trouble, why not find a solution' sounds cold but his father was worse. I can't fault the children for the condition of the family they grow up in. My own father was exactly like my ex husband.

First of all (and while I can only speak for myself, but I am sure others here would feel the same), no apology is necessary. One thing I have found about this place is that we are all here for each other. I have vented many times and everyone has been very supportive...this is your turn. And sometimes it is nice to think of other's troubles than to be wallowing in your own.

Second, I understand about abusive husbands. My first husband was one of the worst and it still took me a long time to get out from under his control. Yes, it does take a lot of getting used to being without that constant torment. But you did it and you are now taking medication to help you through the depression and one day you won't recognize yourself or your life. You will be a new person, free from all those chains.

So, sip your glass of red wine (a good distance from pill time) and make a toast to your new life to be!

Last time I took anti-depressants (Welbutrin) with alcohol I had a psychotic episode and tried to lop off my hand with a hedge trimmer... I don't recommend mixing the two.

As for stays in the PS, very familiar with that and so is DW. The thing about DW helping to take the pills, and this comes from the nurses and doctors as well and is something I think those without depression have a hard time understanding, is that when you are depressed you don't want or care to take your meds.
When you are in a psych ward, they don't leave it up to the patent to take their meds, they feed them to you on time and on a regular schedule. The same remains true at home they want and need the spouse or a close relative to stay on top of it and make sure the patient takes their meds.
Once I come out of the depression, taking my meds on my own is no problem, but anytime I slump she needs to be there to 'pick up the slack' so to speak. It is not like I want it to be this way, but this is the way it goes.

I know on my side if the roles were reversed, and they have been, I would be there to make sure it got done for her.

First of all (and while I can only speak for myself, but I am sure others here would feel the same), no apology is necessary. One thing I have found about this place is that we are all here for each other. I have vented many times and everyone has been very supportive...this is your turn. And sometimes it is nice to think of other's troubles than to be wallowing in your own.

Second, I understand about abusive husbands. My first husband was one of the worst and it still took me a long time to get out from under his control. Yes, it does take a lot of getting used to being without that constant torment. But you did it and you are now taking medication to help you through the depression and one day you won't recognize yourself or your life. You will be a new person, free from all those chains.

So, sip your glass of red wine (a good distance from pill time) and make a toast to your new life to be!

Sounds like you could t ell me 'been there, done that'. It just seems like when you have abusive situation you tend to feel everyone is against you. I have found some people in the grocery stores who seem to be so caring. I find that here too, people have been hurt. I cannot bring myself to go to church because they seem to not be helping with pain people have. I rather stay home, read the bible, and lis ten faithfully to radio. I don't have clue where these people are preaching but I find strength in messages they have. I do know my neighbors frown about this fact as t hey hear the radio when I have the windows open but one thing they cannot deny me that freedom to listen to what I want. May be good for them to hear too.

Thank you all again for your concern. Sure means a lot to me when the one person you cared about calls you 'worthless'. A therapist told me after the divorce that the reason he wants to come back is he misses his hitting post. What a comment. Did t hat hurt!

Last time I took anti-depressants (Welbutrin) with alcohol I had a psychotic episode and tried to lop off my hand with a hedge trimmer... I don't recommend mixing the two.

As for stays in the PS, very familiar with that and so is DW. The thing about DW helping to take the pills, and this comes from the nurses and doctors as well and is something I think those without depression have a hard time understanding, is that when you are depressed you don't want or care to take your meds.
When you are in a psych ward, they don't leave it up to the patent to take their meds, they feed them to you on time and on a regular schedule. The same remains true at home they want and need the spouse or a close relative to stay on top of it and make sure the patient takes their meds.
Once I come out of the depression, taking my meds on my own is no problem, but anytime I slump she needs to be there to 'pick up the slack' so to speak. It is not like I want it to be this way, but this is the way it goes.

I know on my side if the roles were reversed, and they have been, I would be there to make sure it got done for her.

maverick,

i was afraid i hurt your feelings, if so please forgive me. i spent three years in a deep depression, following the murder of my husband. ptsdwas the diagnose. i was given many pills, some worked better than others. i always took them by myself. now i still suffer from the ptsd, but it is blunted somewhat by meds. they took three years to find a combo that worked. i also had a ton of counseling.

i really do think that if we own our life, we can do many things to help ourselves. one of the reasons for the nurses and drs. to see you take those meds, are fear of being sued if they gave you that responsibility in hospital.

if your way works for you, then you have every right to do it that way.

i still feel that you would feel less helpless. depression is an awful thing to have, isn't it.

in friendship

babe:)

Buddy, I couldn't have said any of this better than you. It seems you and I have so much medical history in common it is almost spooky.

maverick,

i was afraid i hurt your feelings, if so please forgive me. i spent three years in a deep depression, following the murder of my husband. ptsdwas the diagnose. i was given many pills, some worked better than others. i always took them by myself. now i still suffer from the ptsd, but it is blunted somewhat by meds. they took three years to find a combo that worked. i also had a ton of counseling.

i really do think that if we own our life, we can do many things to help ourselves. one of the reasons for the nurses and drs. to see you take those meds, are fear of being sued if they gave you that responsibility in hospital.

if your way works for you, then you have every right to do it that way.

i still feel that you would feel less helpless. depression is an awful thing to have, isn't it.

in friendship

babe:)

I took no offense at all Babe, and I totally agree with you, I am just not there yet myself which sometimes is the hardest thing to admit. I am sure, though, that if I keep at it and don't give up again, I can get where you are, too.
Struggling thru it and owning it as you have serves as an inspiration, I am glad you posted.

ITK, I'm glad you called the pharmacist. And please don't apologize for sharing your concerns. If we didn't care we would just read what you wrote and go on our merry way. We do care. Don't ever hesitate to ask for help when you need it. Sometimes that is the way to the solution. As far as your church goes, have you considered trying another one? I quit going to one that was right next door to me because the pastor started teaching things that were not scriptural (I learned after I moved away that he was also having extra-marital affairs and was kicked out of that church), and I started driving 12 miles to a new one that was the right fit.

Enjoy your glass of wine, and don't forget to take your pill later. :cool:

:)Barbara

Hey, the movie Pollyanna is on this Saturday on the Hallmark Channel. I think we all may need a dose of that right now! :LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL:

James called (he's on his way home and then I will go to school tomorrow with him) and I just started bawling my head off. He was worried about what he said to cause it, but I didn't really know what it was. After we hung up I realized it is because I have sat and done nothing yet another day as the house is falling apart around me (starting to cry again, sheesh). He called back to see if I wanted KFC because I have been hurting off and on for a few days, especially today, and when I am hurting mashed potatoes and gravy are what I need. He asked what he had said to upset me. Sometimes I almost wish he would get mad at me, to light a fire under me. Notice I said almost. lol

Well, my DVR is set to record Pollyanna Saturday! I think I do need a booster shot! (I told you that I am usually a regular Pollyanna myself).

P.S. Buddy, you'd better not watch it. It will shoot your sugar levels up sky high!

Last edited:
Okay, I took on a really simple job today - a two layer round shower cake.....and the bride's grandmother (my client) even baked the cake, plus I had tons of frosting left over from DD's wedding cake on Tuesday. Simple eh? Make a berry filling, frost and decorate.

The cake went together perfectly up until I started decorating. The frosting was too fluffy so I thickened it. I tinted the first batch red and did all the borders...no problem. Then I tinted the next batch green for the writing but it was too thick for the tiny writing tip. I had to redo the top of the cake 3 times because I had the icing too thick or too thin. Finally I tinted some piping gel instead and it was going fine...until the tip came off and blasted the cake with gel. Cleaned that up, redid it again, no problem. Tried to do some scroll designs in green but it was too thin and looked awful so I got rid of that. I made little red flowers with green leaves and stems and a few hearts out of gel. As I was putting the complete cake in the fridge I stuck my finger into the side of it.

Okay, cake is done, client has come, paid, taken it and gone. Now the clean up. I am doing really great and am throwing the used piping bags away into the too full garbage can and push down hard....my thumb hits a can lid that I don't see and I get a nasty cut that won't stop bleeding. I fix that up and go on cleaning. I put the excess frostings and filling in containers and drop the filling one on the floor busting it wide open. Sticky filling all over the place. Clean that up and finish filling the dishwasher. Turn that on only to find border in the shower so have to turn it off again.

Have changed bandage three times and my right hip has bee acting up all day - realize when taking afternoon meds that I took them in the morning so didn't get full doses. So, took morning pills but too late for the anti-inflamatory to kick in.

So, called DH to say he is picking up chicken and fixings for dinner as I am now laying on the bed barely able to type this.

Note to self - never take on those "simple two hour" jobs!!!!!!

Looks like take-out chicken and fixings is the meal of choice for women who are hurting and ready to crawl in a hole and pull the hole in after!

Take care of that finger! I'm sorry you had such a time with that cake. Sounds like it was just "one of those days!"

Thanks, Barbara! Yeah, I just needed that little pity party and I am better now....though I am still holding out for the chicken!!!!!

Okay, I took on a really simple job today - a two layer round shower cake.....and the bride's grandmother (my client) even baked the cake, plus I had tons of frosting left over from DD's wedding cake on Tuesday. Simple eh? Make a berry filling, frost and decorate.

The cake went together perfectly up until I started decorating. The frosting was too fluffy so I thickened it. I tinted the first batch red and did all the borders...no problem. Then I tinted the next batch green for the writing but it was too thick for the tiny writing tip. I had to redo the top of the cake 3 times because I had the icing too thick or too thin. Finally I tinted some piping gel instead and it was going fine...until the tip came off and blasted the cake with gel. Cleaned that up, redid it again, no problem. Tried to do some scroll designs in green but it was too thin and looked awful so I got rid of that. I made little red flowers with green leaves and stems and a few hearts out of gel. As I was putting the complete cake in the fridge I stuck my finger into the side of it.

Okay, cake is done, client has come, paid, taken it and gone. Now the clean up. I am doing really great and am throwing the used piping bags away into the too full garbage can and push down hard....my thumb hits a can lid that I don't see and I get a nasty cut that won't stop bleeding. I fix that up and go on cleaning. I put the excess frostings and filling in containers and drop the filling one on the floor busting it wide open. Sticky filling all over the place. Clean that up and finish filling the dishwasher. Turn that on only to find border in the shower so have to turn it off again.

Have changed bandage three times and my right hip has bee acting up all day - realize when taking afternoon meds that I took them in the morning so didn't get full doses. So, took morning pills but too late for the anti-inflamatory to kick in.

So, called DH to say he is picking up chicken and fixings for dinner as I am now laying on the bed barely able to type this.

Note to self - never take on those "simple two hour" jobs!!!!!!

You know, I am still amazed you can do as much as you do everyday, and making cakes as well!! Take a night off, you deserve it! Just chill out, watch some TV and cruise DC.
Oh, and have a glass of wine or some ice cream for me :)

You know, I am still amazed you can do as much as you do everyday, and making cakes as well!! Take a night off, you deserve it! Just chill out, watch some TV and cruise DC.
Oh, and have a glass of wine or some ice cream for me :)

Thanks, Mav! It will be ice cream 'cause I don't do wine with my meds and I think I have had my "whine" for the day! :LOL:

My day just continues with my chicken dinner. I looked in the bag and the gravy containers were kind of crooked in the bag. I took one out, and there is gravy all over the sides. Then I picked up one of the containers of potatoes and they all fell right out of the bottom of the container, into the bag. Fortunately James had already told me that I could have his potatoes for later. I wonder if they will stay in their container.

:(Barbara

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom