Old Venting Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
All perspectives are welcome that is why I posted.....I think her problem was the teacher who was lead before was a close friend of hers and she wasn't happy that she left but with her leaving I think she expected to be the lead in place of her wich she in essence was for about a week or so. But she either doesnt understand or does not care that it is illegal for her to run the class alone. The reason why I left the class instead of putting her in her place was because I saw what type of person she was going to be like to work with (very simular to the last teacher I taught with before for 3 yrs and I was miserable) and it just wasn't worth it. I'm not there for the title but to teach, and I know I could not be relaxed and enjoy my work while being around someone who cared more about all the he said she said than the well being of the kids and how we could bring the most to their days.
The teacher I am being placed with is very nice but I'm afraid I'm not done dealing with the wrath of the fellow teachers (exp. two teachers asked if I was married to my DD father and when I said not yet but we live together they straight walked away snickering and giggling with out another word.....are we the students here...??)

omg, that is just rediculous. How childish some people are. It's really sad that you have to deal with that!! I have been in companies that have miserable people like that. Their trouble is that they are not happy in their sorry lives and have to make others feel bad. I wish you luck and I hope you are able to ignore them and teach your kids well. The school, I hope, will recognize this.

Looks like I just have to take it one day at a time and just do what I have to do......unfortunately I think what I am facing is a group of women who are all under the age of 23 except 2 teachers and they really have no plans to be there long. I just feel like the majority of the people I am meeting lately (not just at this school) have just been not nice people, in fact just flat out rude and I am starting to wonder if its me!......I feel like I have sucker stamped on my forehead!:glare:

Anyways thanks for letting me vent....with fiance in Iraq my one yr old is my olny set of ears these days, and to be honest her advice isn't always sound.....:ermm:

Jeez, next time one of the village idiots snickers, ask them what is the reason behind it. If they say something about your living arrangements, ask them where their husband/whatever is. When they say where, just look at them pitifully, as if sad for them and say, wow, mine is defending your right to be here, LOL. Maybe that would shut them up!!!

:) That is so true and thanks for helping me see the brighter side!

You know I don't consider myself old at all normally (31) but there I feel ancient!:LOL:

Dee,
It's very hard to work with envious people like that. Unfortunately, they're everywhere we just have to learn to live with them. Stick to your plans dear. Don't let anyone spoil your career.

Thanks Dina, I've always known people like that are everywhere but it just seems lately we have been surrounded by them and its been getting harder and harder to find people we can let our guard down around and not worry about finding a knife in our backs the second we turn around.....we are even getting it currently from our "best friends" and even our families! The day before my DF left for Iraq his family left a VERY NASTY message on his phone all because we were invited to a restaurant/jazz club for his sisters b-day and another sister was not told about it......we didnt do the inviting and it was something the younger sister didnt enjoy anyways...but somehow the blame was all put on us and now we/me is ruining the family! The day before he was to leave, cussing and yelling at him as if we don't have more important things to stress about right now!!!! I'm sorry its been building up.....I've just been getting so fed up with people not caring about anything but what pleases them lately!:unhappy:

aw deelady, people really do suck dont they? this is HIS own family before he ships off?? thats horrible.
I really have a hard time with people these days too. Everything else is someone else's fault, no accountability.
Ok now I feel old!!!!

Deelady - keep strong, we will provide your support - feel free to vent whenever you need to. You will be in my thoughts and prayers over the next few days.

Half the time I WISH it were MY own fault so I can see the light and fix the problem or at least apologise for the situation, but when you are absolutely sure you did nothing wrong then what.....it gets old turning the other cheek! I'm running out of cheeks!!:wacko:

And thanks for the kind words you guys, that is why I come here because I know there IS still a pocket of good caring people out there....

I'm sorry about the family issues Dee. Sucks sometimes but we just have to move on. I'll pray that all gets better for you at work.

Well today is not a very good day for me. I feel crabby with other issues and somewhat worried about Dad. Talked to him this morning and he said he almost fainted. His diabetes is really weakening him and I hate it.

Half the time I WISH it were MY own fault so I can see the light and fix the problem or at least apologise for the situation, but when you are absolutely sure you did nothing wrong then what.....it gets old turning the other cheek! I'm running out of cheeks!!:wacko:

And thanks for the kind words you guys, that is why I come here because I know there IS still a pocket of good caring people out there....
Why would you let some pea brains make you feel old? Because you have smarts and they don't!!!? I've found no answer sometimes works like a charm..when people whisper just lound enough for you to hear that is their game..Mine with this kind is to act like I don't hear them..If I'm asked a pointed question , I don't give an answer I flatly say sorry, I Only discuss things like this with people I trust...Anything else you'd like to know? And sometime a good stare down to a question I don't want to answer works like magic..JUst never be afraid to stand up for yourself these people are not your friends so you owe them nothing...Be polite in these answers and it will take them a few minutes to realize they have been had..Then watch the look that comes over their faces.I know it gets old having to face this, but once you've stood your ground,they get the message..Chin up, and get your answers in place and don't be afraid to use them...
kadesma

Man I certainly feel like a cry baby esp when people like Dina's dad have much more severe problems. I'm sorry to hear about your father Dina, I know how difficult diabetes is to deal with. Too many in my life have suffered with it. My prayers go out to him.

Thanks for the great advice Kadesma, those are very good suggestions, wish I could think to react like that when in the situation....

i'm so upset over food!

i love to cook, & haven't been cooking fer so many days cause jake lives on fast food.
i didn't before i met him & now i begrudgingly consume burgers & stuff i don't want from fast food joints.

he began bringing me double cheeseburgers & nugggets & subway & chic-fil-a & arby's or taking me there. it angers me. he's hindering me in my kitchen.

i appreciate his sentiment, 'cept i was raised on family dinners, not cheeseburgers.

i got so upset tonite tears actually formed. i wanted to cook, not dine on nuggets.

then i'm angry with myself fer not appreciateing him more.

i don't complain, cause food is love, & my babe is showing his love through cheeseburgers.

I'm sorry about the family issues Dee. Sucks sometimes but we just have to move on. I'll pray that all gets better for you at work.

Well today is not a very good day for me. I feel crabby with other issues and somewhat worried about Dad. Talked to him this morning and he said he almost fainted. His diabetes is really weakening him and I hate it.
Dina,
is dad weak from dialysis or the diabetes let's say low blood sugar? If I can help in any way PM me and I'll gladly try. I use to get very weak with low blood pressure after hemo I would need to sleep at least 2 hours, then I'd feel better..I learned not to take my b/p meds and then eat right after hemo, or It would just knock me to the ground.
kades

i'm so upset over food!

i love to cook, & haven't been cooking fer so many days cause jake lives on fast food.
i didn't before i met him & now i begrudgingly consume burgers & stuff i don't want from fast food joints.

he began bringing me double cheeseburgers & nugggets & subway & chic-fil-a & arby's or taking me there. it angers me. he's hindering me in my kitchen.

i appreciate his sentiment, 'cept i was raised on family dinners, not cheeseburgers.

i got so upset tonite tears actually formed. i wanted to cook, not dine on nuggets.

then i'm angry with myself fer not appreciateing him more.

i don't complain, cause food is love, & my babe is showing his love through cheeseburgers.
Maybe you could set up a schedule. Home-cooked meals on M-W-F-Sunday and fast food on T-Th-Sat. Or fast food only on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. Does he know how much you love to cook? (You don't have to answer this)--Are you cooking things he likes?

:)Barbara

barb, that's a great plan!!! i presented that to him, & he said he loves when i cook, so we agreed- cook when i want, fast food in-between.

i cook food he asks for, & he eats so gratefully he makes appreciative noises, 'cept my babe gets so hungry he can't wait fer a meal i'm cooking. he aims right to mcdonalds, & brings me a meal, too. man, i luv him, he tries.
if we knew his schedule better, i'd time my meals around him.

now if i could introduce my guy to escargot...:ermm::LOL:

Luvs - You are way cool. I had a GF once that got me into eating out most all the time. I got so that I had memorized the menu at every local eatery. This is why I learned to cook. I found that I likes what I made more than what "they" made.

from there I started just cooking for myself and she could do whatever. Not in a confrontational way just do what you want. Then I found more company at dinner and the she likes the food as well. She is long gone and I continued cooking. I really like it.

I think the idea of setting a schedule is a great one, and I think that over time you will both find that you eat in more. Eating is actually a very special thing. First you eat with your nose as you smell the food bein g prepared. Then you eat with your eyes as you look at the presentation. Finally, you eat the food and share the company. A quiet unhurried meal with good company is a beautiful thing. You ar eon the right track. Just my 2 cents. - AC

Thanks Dee.

Kades: Dad's sugar level was very low that morning. Once he had a few sips of juice, he started feeling better. He gets very weak after dialysis but he sleeps it off and he's good to go after a few hours.

You know guys. I certainly feel that a lot of other people have it worse than us. I met a lady that approached me and my daughter at WalMart the other day. I was snack shopping for the kids (which was quite a buy of snacks) and she and her 13 year old son approached me. They looked very humble and needy and the lady asked if I would be willing to hire her to clean my house, car or garden in order for her to make money to buy school supplies for her son. She said that her son was very embarrassed that she was approaching people for help but that she had no other way. I felt horrible for her and took her number to call her soon. I think I will call just to offer her some stuff the kids have left behind or a bit of money to help her kid. I have not stopped thinking about her and their situation. I feel blessed. Just wanted to share.

Thanks Dee.

Kades: Dad's sugar level was very low that morning. Once he had a few sips of juice, he started feeling better. He gets very weak after dialysis but he sleeps it off and he's good to go after a few hours.

You know guys. I certainly feel that a lot of other people have it worse than us. I met a lady that approached me and my daughter at WalMart the other day. I was snack shopping for the kids (which was quite a buy of snacks) and she and her 13 year old son approached me. They looked very humble and needy and the lady asked if I would be willing to hire her to clean my house, car or garden in order for her to make money to buy school supplies for her son. She said that her son was very embarrassed that she was approaching people for help but that she had no other way. I felt horrible for her and took her number to call her soon. I think I will call just to offer her some stuff the kids have left behind or a bit of money to help her kid. I have not stopped thinking about her and their situation. I feel blessed. Just wanted to share.
Dina,
when I was on hemo I had the smae reaction..It was because my blood pressure would nose dive..I often felt as If I was going to pass out, so a nap helped..Eating right after I finished a session seemed to make this feeling worse..I made sure to check my blood glucose and take my pressure..that is how we discovered that my bp was doing a nose dive and we made an effort to catch it. If someone goes with him to his session then you can be ready to help him..You don't want him on his own,after a session..If I can help in any way let me know. hugs to your dad
kadesma

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom