Old Venting Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My problem is that with the depression, taking it easy is about all I do anymore. I went in to wash dishes a couple hours ago. All I got done was clearing the sink out and getting it ready. The "magnetic force" on the computer pulled me back in here and I have yet to wash a dish.

:huh:Barbara
It's Christmas and those dishes aren't going anyplace...:LOL:Enjoy and rest
kades

My mom has slept practically all day. She has not had dinner and I am worried about her. I visited her for a short while but all she wanted to do is sleep.

I hope that she is ok. I am very worried about her.

I am not going to go into my entire day, but it just involved a lot of people I care about hurting physically or emotionally or both. On top of that my leg is not doing well and I can't get hold of my Dad which is scaring me as he said he would be in all day today. The DH called to say he was coming home and then scared me by calling a few minutes later to say he hadn't gotten very far, leaving me to think he was in an accident - it was just a power outage and he was stuck in traffic.

I feel like I have been crying all day and am now totally worn out.

I know I will be okay, I just need things to start going right again.

Tomorrow will be better!!
I know it will but for now..go make yourself a hot cup of tea and sit down and think about some happy stuff... feel better...ok?

Laurie, I'm sure your dad is fine. Maybe he found something to do and forgot that he told you he was staying in. you need some rest dear heart. Tomorrow will be better!!

The pain is hitting early tonight. I'm just so sick of this. All I can do is take pain pills, take hot baths, use a heating pad until I'm so hot I can't stand it, and cry. I know this bout is almost over because it always gets worse right before the end, but unfortunately the last part sometimes lasts awhile. I feel pretty good most of the day, but lately I have been in agony at night, taking a pill every 4 hours, as many as 5 hot baths a night, and doing my best to get some sleep at night. James and I both have appointments tomorrow with our doctor (regular check-ups). We are both sick with different things. I will probably be back on tonight for awhile, but if it is like last night, I might not. Please say a little prayer for us that we feel better soon (kidney stones for me, over-all achy feeling and bad knees for James). I can't stand it right now.

:(Barbara

I feel for you Barbara. My 6' + nephew would hit the floor in severe pain from those. They are nasty little buggers!! I'm sorry. I wish there was something I could do.

Barbara, as you already know I can relate to your pain. You are in my thoughts and prayers my friend.

I just heard from my Dad. He wasn't well and went to the doctor. It took a lot longer than expected but he got some stronger anti-biotics for his chest cough and the doctor adjusted his blood pressure medications so can lower it without the side affects he has been having. I am so relieved...still on guard, but relieved that he is getting help.

But Christmas with my family is up in the air again because my sister has cooked the turkey, frozen the dark meat for us as she hates it and is eating all the white meat in sandwiches for work. Plus she is taking Dad out on New Year's Day for dinner so will not be coming Sunday for the family Christmas dinner (DH works New Year's Day and she new that).

But, I am trying to stay positive and calm. I don't need to have an ulcer like my poor DH. Though he just found out from a site that McDonald's food (minus the drinks and condiments) is okay because it contains 0 fibre! LOL!!!!!

I'm sorry your dad is sick Laurie, but I am glad you finally heard from him. I'm glad your husband is home, safe and sound. :cool:

Thanks for your kind thoughts everyone. I really hate to come on here and whine, but I know that some of you really understand what I am going through, and that helps. I am feeling a little better after my bath.

You all mean so much to me. I would like to wrap you all up in a big hug right now.

:flowers:Barbara

To all of my DC friends who are suffering tonight, be it physically, emotionally or both, I am adding my positive, healing warmth and energies to all of the others who are supporting you.

Feel better soon, Barbara L, James, PieSusan, Laurie and anyone else who is down tonight.

Lee

small vent..tiny tiny in fact... it's more of a question???? Why can't people be on time?

small vent..tiny tiny in fact... it's more of a question???? Why can't people be on time?
They are lazy and have no cares for anyone but themselves...They need to be taught a hard lesson..OOOOOps sorry dinner was at 8 would you like a pbj sandwich?:-p
kades

Unfortunately James cannot be on time for anything. I read something about people with ADD, and it said that they have unrealistic ideas about time. I think James honestly thinks he can get up, eat breakfast, take a shower, and get dressed all in 10 minutes. I have had to resort to telling him we have to be places earlier, but I can't do that all the time. I do it when something is really important. Time is just not important to James, he thinks the world is too wrapped up in time. It drives me totally crazy!

Unfortunately James cannot be on time for anything. I read something about people with ADD, and it said that they have unrealistic ideas about time. I think James honestly thinks he can get up, eat breakfast, take a shower, and get dressed all in 10 minutes. I have had to resort to telling him we have to be places earlier, but I can't do that all the time. I do it when something is really important. Time is just not important to James, he thinks the world is too wrapped up in time. It drives me totally crazy!

My DW is a bit like that except it is on how much she can fit into a day. She starts off with this list of things that she is going to do, which is way too long and doesn't allow for time lapses or things going wrong and then gets really upset because she hasn't done it all.

I was taught that if you arrived anywhere fifteen minutes early then you were right on time. My DH thinks that if you arrive anywhere fifteen minutes late you are doing well. It is something we struggle with ALL the time. He just doesn't have a sense of time at all. Me? I have time-related OCD!

I'm with you on that Laurie. I have to leave early to go anywhere. I'll be there with coat on, keys in hand ready to go and my beautiful. loveley wife will go and get another cup of coffee to drink before she goes and then having checked we have got everything will sit doen going through her bag and start looking for keys, ID badges or whatever else she needs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom