Old Venting Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Texasgirl, sorry to hear about your son ma'am!

Wyogal, Your not alone ma'am, I'm in the same boat, but my problem is the ladies.

I'm a gentleman, I got it all pretty much but a vehicle, and I don't cheat but yet it feels like I am very broken and undatable!
Hang in there CC, young woman, really have'nt any idea what they want...one day one of them will grow up and you will be at the top of the list. Just keep on being YOU. A car dones not a gentleman make!!!
kadesma

Not only did they steal my idea, but the first food topic they've chosen to discuss is fruitcake. I've been giving the director and others there at the museum my special mini fruitcakes for the last couple of years. Fruitcake which they LOVE and have declared the best they've ever had....

WG - The fact that you are above them, means you'd have to look down your nose at them. But don't give them that satisfaction. Chin up, and continue to be you.

The best revenge is living well.

They'll be jealous, and won't know what to say about it. ;-)

Bob

Minor vent.. My old microwave bit the dust. Hubby brought upstairs from the cellar, the small microwave was from his brother's house . This small unit reeks of mold!! He tried cleaning it with bleach last night. I tried this morning to clean it with vinegar and lemon juice. Would you believe hubby still uses the smelly thing? Every time he reheats his coffee in it , it blows moldy smell in the kitchen.:mad: I refuse to use the unit. He refuses to buy another one. The smell of it gives me a headache. :mad:

Minor vent.. My old microwave bit the dust. Hubby brought upstairs from the cellar, the small microwave was from his brother's house . This small unit reeks of mold!! He tried cleaning it with bleach last night. I tried this morning to clean it with vinegar and lemon juice. Would you believe hubby still uses the smelly thing? Every time he reheats his coffee in it , it blows moldy smell in the kitchen.:mad: I refuse to use the unit. He refuses to buy another one. The smell of it gives me a headache. :mad:

LadyCook - Have you thought about just putting it out in the garage? I think that would make your point :)

Bob

Maybe it ought to "accidentally" fall off the counter while you are "cleaning" behind it.
If it's giving you a headache, it's making you sick. Mold is nothing to sneeze at...

what if it commits assisted suicide?

LadyCook - Have you thought about just putting it out in the garage? I think that would make your point :)

Bob

I put it outside on the porch. At this time , he does not know yet. :angel: What's funny , now one of my cats is ocuppying the space the micro was sitting in.

Last edited:
Hang in there CC, young woman, really have'nt any idea what they want...one day one of them will grow up and you will be at the top of the list. Just keep on being YOU. A car dones not a gentleman make!!!
kadesma
True, but the car will get to say Oh hello didn't notice you there.

See what I'm saying?

Yes, I see, just remember, treat as you want to be treated...
kades:)
Even then it takes a lot more then that to get a lady now a day's, Either you have to have money, things, or both to get a woman to look your way! Or an impressive skill that she could possible like.

I'm just saying I've tried everything and all I got was weird woman as girlfriends, or vulpiuos type girlfriends. For once I would love to get a lady I wanted to get you know? And don't worry I will obay the rules of the forum here and keep it G rated.

CC- Don't despair. The minute you do not have acquisition on the brain, that will be when the right "lady" will show up in your life.

Just a live and learn moment from my own past. Just know you have to keep earning when you have won. (should this be in the quote thread?).

Anywho, just have patience. Someone, somewhere said "If I sit here long enough, everything will eventually pass by". I can't really place my finger on the specific quote, but that does echo the sentiment.

Bob

CC- Don't despair. The minute you do not have acquisition on the brain, that will be when the right "lady" will show up in your life.

Just a live and learn moment from my own past. Just know you have to keep earning when you have won. (should this be in the quote thread?).

Anywho, just have patience. Someone, somewhere said "If I sit here long enough, everything will eventually pass by". I can't really place my finger on the specific quote, but that does echo the sentiment.

Bob
Thanks Bob, And your right I've heard that quote too.

Any ways I'm almost 40 and I'm not married, I don't have a house, car, kids,

I want a house, Car, Kid, dog, fence and so on.

That's why I'm working my arse off in college and no time for fun.

We can say arse right?

Even then it takes a lot more then that to get a lady now a day's, Either you have to have money, things, or both to get a woman to look your way! Or an impressive skill that she could possible like.

I'm just saying I've tried everything and all I got was weird woman as girlfriends, or vulpiuos type girlfriends. For once I would love to get a lady I wanted to get you know? And don't worry I will obay the rules of the forum here and keep it G rated.

I just want to tell you my experience. When I was in the dating/looking world, I wanted exactly what you are saying (except, of course, a gentleman). I was getting SO frustrated by dating my share of jerks or not dating at all. So I decided I would just quit looking and focus on myself. I decided I had to treat myself w/respect before I could expect that from anyone else. I also decided that any man that came into my life could be my friend. And that's it. I wasn't looking for Mr. Right anymore. I learned to enjoy my life and my own company. Then and 6 months later I met a really cute guy who played keyboards in a band at bars in Dallas on the weekends. He became a dear friend and now, 22 years later we've been married for 20 years and he's still my best friend. I guess what I'm trying to say is that I quit looking and the miracle came to me. Try to enjoy your life the way it is and other people will see that joy, regardless of what you have or don't have, and be attracted to it. Take it from someone who's been there. Don't despair, where there is life there is hope. Big Hugs!!

Katy

I just want to tell you my experience. When I was in the dating/looking world, I wanted exactly what you are saying (except, of course, a gentleman). I was getting SO frustrated by dating my share of jerks or not dating at all. So I decided I would just quit looking and focus on myself. I decided I had to treat myself w/respect before I could expect that from anyone else. I also decided that any man that came into my life could be my friend. And that's it. I wasn't looking for Mr. Right anymore. I learned to enjoy my life and my own company. Then and 6 months later I met a really cute guy who played keyboards in a band at bars in Dallas on the weekends. He became a dear friend and now, 22 years later we've been married for 20 years and he's still my best friend. I guess what I'm trying to say is that I quit looking and the miracle came to me. Try to enjoy your life the way it is and other people will see that joy, regardless of what you have or don't have, and be attracted to it. Take it from someone who's been there. Don't despair, where there is life there is hope. Big Hugs!!

Katy
I'm exactly like you right now, I'm learning to enjoy life although no one ever taught me the finer points of living alone, I've lived with girl friends, friends to get me this far, and it's really easy to take care of an apartment, I just set some time aside to clean up when I see it getting dirty, then I do my home work so on.

I guess I will try it your way Katy, Thanks for the help and Advice everyone.

I just want to tell you my experience. When I was in the dating/looking world, I wanted exactly what you are saying (except, of course, a gentleman).
Katy

Did I mention that you are *EXACTLY* what I am looking for several more times in my life :)

Sorry, I needed to go there.

Bob

No is no...!
Why is it when you don't answer the door bell,the nosy neighbor goes home and calls you?
Most people have the courtesy to call first,then come over.If it's not an inconvenience to you.
I get real tired of people especially her,that thinks that because they exist the world stops for them.

Munky.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom