Old Venting Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm so sorry msmofet, this is a definite case of it doesn't rain it pours! There must be something besides the flu going around... my fridge went a few weeks back. It was a Maytag and only 7 years old. It was one of those with the freezer in the bottom, not a cheap one by any means. I now have a good used one, at least it works. I had my wall stove replaced last week, the old one didn't heat up worth a dang. The one I have is a used one, but it works. Then....my daughter has pneumonia and is very sick. A few weeks ago my dad ended up in the hospital with "they don't know what happened to him" symptoms. I hear you sometimes things just seem to go wrong. Let's hope things get better for both of us. I think we are due!!!
oh my i am so sorry about your dad and daughter. i hope they get better soon.

thank you for the kind words. this laptop is just over 2 years old. arrrrrrrrrrrrrrgg

i hope your luck changes also. maybe we need some horseshoes and rabbits feet?

I might be guilty of the fallowing my self, though I do not remember, but I just love when somebody comes and asks for advise on a particular recipe/dish and people come and tell that person to make something completely diferent.

oh my i am so sorry about your dad and daughter. i hope they get better soon.

thank you for the kind words. this laptop is just over 2 years old. arrrrrrrrrrrrrrgg

i hope your luck changes also. maybe we need some horseshoes and rabbits feet?

Thank you msmofet, I am sure they will recover in time.
Oh my that's not very old for the laptop, gosh they surely don't make things to last do they? I think horse shoes and rabbit feet and some shamrocks are definitely in order. :)

:lucky::lucky::lucky::lucky::lucky::lucky::lucky:

Last weekend I had the flu (type A, not Swine) and missed a week of work. Thank goodness for "Paid Time Off." On monday DH was exhibiting my symptoms, but I was feeling pretty good. Now I had taken this weekend off for a staycation, goofing off and getting some deep cleaning done around the house. This morning I woke up in misery, the MD at the clinic says I have walking pneumonia and put me on antibiotics. My luck, I'll start feeling better in time to go back to work on Friday...so much for goofing off.

Last weekend I had the flu (type A, not Swine) and missed a week of work. Thank goodness for "Paid Time Off." On monday DH was exhibiting my symptoms, but I was feeling pretty good. Now I had taken this weekend off for a staycation, goofing off and getting some deep cleaning done around the house. This morning I woke up in misery, the MD at the clinic says I have walking pneumonia and put me on antibiotics. My luck, I'll start feeling better in time to go back to work on Friday...so much for goofing off.
i hope you get well quick!!

BANKS STINK!! I HATE MY BANK!! THEY MESSED WITH ME!!

and thats all i am going to say or i will rev myself up again.

thank you for reading.

My ex MIL used to work for one. She said to always remember, they are never wrong. In their eyes.

I had a good experience at the bank the other day, after they gave me a heart attack of course...upshot, they paid out on an electronic withdrawal that should not have been paid (I had a stop payment on it) and they took full responsibility, wiping out all transaction fees and putting the money back in my account. Sometimes the little guy wins.

[Movie Monster Rant mode on]

You guys know when the movies first came out in black & white then they colorized the movies? You know how the vampires Actually couldn't go out in the sun because it would harm them or kill them? Werewolf's could only change during the full moon? And you had to be bitten by either creature you can contract the desise? ( by movie lore any hoo )

Well I hate what they've done with the beloved movie monsters, First the creator of blade gave the vampires the ability to walk out in the sun for some time. Then they would have to drink or get a serum shot. And the people at the STUPID twilight are making the vampires people friendly by letting them walk and do everything in the day light with out a serum or drink. And the people at the twlight series RUINING the werewolf monster by letting them change anytime with out or with out the moon.

[Movie Monster Rant mode off]

[Movie Monster Rant mode on]

You guys know when the movies first came out in black & white then they colorized the movies? You know how the vampires Actually couldn't go out in the sun because it would harm them or kill them? Werewolf's could only change during the full moon? And you had to be bitten by either creature you can contract the desise? ( by movie lore any hoo )

Well I hate what they've done with the beloved movie monsters, First the creator of blade gave the vampires the ability to walk out in the sun for some time. Then they would have to drink or get a serum shot. And the people at the STUPID twilight are making the vampires people friendly by letting them walk and do everything in the day light with out a serum or drink. And the people at the twlight series RUINING the werewolf monster by letting them change anytime with out or with out the moon.

[Movie Monster Rant mode off]

I completely agree. I tried the Twilight books and they were stupid, not my idea of vampires at all. I don't mind if aspects are added to legends, but to change the very framework of the creatures themselves is anathema.

I completely agree. I tried the Twilight books and they were stupid, not my idea of vampires at all. I don't mind if aspects are added to legends, but to change the very framework of the creatures themselves is anathema.
I completely agree that's why I'm so pissed off at the movie industry, Least with the blade series they actully kept up some of the monster lore.

I'm still dithering on picking up Dacre Stoker's sequel to his great uncle Bram's Dracula. In the end I'll probably get it just to see what he has to say. I'm a sucker for monster stories.

Last edited:
I'm still dithering on picking up Dacre Stoker's sequel to his great uncle Bram's Dracula. In the end I'll probably get it just to see what he has to say. I'm a sucker for monster stories.
I would really like to see that but I'm affraid I'll be disappointing in the movie. It's probably going to be all 3d, and not a lot of real actors/actresses.

I would really like to see that but I'm affraid I'll be disappointing in the movie. It's probably going to be all 3d, and not a lot of real actors/actresses.

They are making a movie already??? I have only seen the book in the stores for about a month. I'm sure the movie will stink, they usually do. Of course there are rare exceptions to this. But, I really hate to see a movie that messes with the book.

I totally agree with you guys. I've always loved the vampire and werewolves movies. Now to see them out in daylight and looking like emo teenagers, mating and HAVING BABIES?? That's more than I can handle. Bela and Boris are turning over in their graves.

While I agree partially with all of you. Where would the story go after what we already know? They walk by night,sleep by day,. How many times do we have to read this before it becomes so old we know it by heart.Wouldn't that just push us to find another venue to keep us interested about what will happen next?
Do you suppose the writers are trying to give us something new to make our blood tingle?

kadesma;)

I'm curious to know what happened to the website yesterday. I came on and it said it was down do to hackers. Anyone have the 411?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom