Oldest Living NASCAR Driver Dies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bean208

Cook
Not sure how many out there are NASCAR fans but in the news this past week was the announcement of the oldest driver, Lloyd Moore, passing away. I was so fortunate to have known him and loved him as my grandfather-in-law. Though I was not is real grandchild he never treated me any less and I in turn loved him as my own. He was a man who loved his family and loved his God. You can google his name and find many stories about him from all over the country but what these articles don't tell you about was his devotion to his family and his God. Gramps left the sport in order to raise his six girls and in making the decision to do so because a hero to his daughters and grand children. He taught his family many life lessons but the most important lesson he taught all of us that above all else Jesus comes first. Though we grieve the loss of our beloved Gramps we rejoice in knowing that he is resting with his Saviour!!!

I read about the passing of Lloyd yesterday - what a legacy!
Bean, my heart goes out to you for losing such a wonderful part of your family.

I did not know Bean....Sorry for your loss...What a beautiful tribute you just wrote to him!! He would be very, very proud of you!!! Thanks for sharing!!

Bean, You painted a beautiful picture of a wonderful person. Be proud to say you are his grandson. I hope his legacy lives on through out all of his family. My prayers are with you and yours.

Thank you Dawn and Middie! Gramps made it into the AP so it has been fun searching for all the papers that have articles on him. I will be spending a lot of time printing so that I can share them with my children someday.

Bean - what a wonderful portrait you have painted! My heart-felt compassion goes out to you and your entire family. I'm sure you will miss him but there has to be such peace that washes over you knowing he is racing on roads of gold!

Back
Top Bottom