Online Media and Food/Cooking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

flukx

Senior Cook
I was just wondering what online outlets (other than Discuss Cooking!) people check to read about food and cooking in general. I dont necessarily mean recipe sites, but more like consistent publications and/or blogs. For example, for some reason I always look forward to Wednesdays (today) because I know the New York Times and Washington Post websites have new features/recipes in their respective "Food and Dining" sections.

I guess I am looking for new sources where they update on a day different than Wednesday so I have an excuse to take 10 minutes out of my workday on additional days as well! :LOL:

I read the Amateur Gourmet. It's a blog about a twenty-something year old guy living in New York who tries all sorts of different foods and dining experiences, but from an amateur's perspective.

He also just started his own online show on the Food Network website: The FN Dish

Good question, flukx. Thanks for starting this thread.

DC is the only site for me.:angel:

I'm looking forward to getting some good ideas in this discussion, though. Right now I really just use epicurious.com for all of my recipes, but this is the only community to which I belong (and I'm new here). I like epicurious because you can trust most of the recipes, and their rating/review section makes it feel like a community. Recipezaar.com is less pretentious, and it allows users to post their own recipes that can then be rated by other users. But these are merely recipe sites, not blogs.

I'm with you Flukx. While I get the print edition of the Washington Post delivered every day, I also get the New York Times delivered "online", & LOVE Wednesdays because there are usually some good recipes I can copy/save.

I also cruise the "Eating Well" & "Saveur" magazine sites because they often have recipes that don't appear in the magazine (both of which I get).

Back
Top Bottom