Only an arm's length and arm's work away

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:) I cant eat or drink anything with out spilling it starts first thing in the morning with coffee.I even get crumbs in side my shirt an between the girls.:LOL: Its like I never grew up maybe I should carry a bib with me:LOL:

I'm the same way half the time JP! LOL--When they were little I used to sometimes threaten to feed my daughter and nephew naked in the bathtub!

:)Barbara

I used to have a very expensive Rowenta iron, but my insignificant other took that with her when she split, too. So now I have a clothes steamer instead, and I have found that it can set the wrinkles much easier, over a larger area, in half the time of an iron.

wow , strange how many people still iron. only time i iron is when i sew. otherwise wash and wear for me.

babe:LOL:
Mostly, I only iron when sewing or sons shirts for interviews, funerals, etc. I used to iron almost daily til I discovered this marvelous product called "Magic Wrinkle Remover". I think Downy makes a similar product but this one is cheaper and smells great and really works! (On fabric anyway - doesn't work on your skin.:()

Like some of you, I mostly just iron when I sew. One of my dresses has white daisy trim that needs to be ironed, or the daisies curl, and a few things I have just look better with nice sharp creases. Other than that I just iron when there are too many wrinkles to look natural. lol As someone said, you're going to get a few wrinkles just wearing something.

:)Barbara

My mom said that when we were little it was a real pain in the neck to keep our clothes looking nice. Little girls' dresses were all cotton and were hard to keep looking nice with ruffles and all. One of the things she did for extra money was take in ironing for some of the neighbors. When she was leaving for the hospital to give birth to either my sister or me, she had an encounter with one of them. Picture this--My mom is doubled over in the middle of labor, and this neighbor woman comes running over to the car demanding to know how soon my mom is going to get her clothes ironed!

:ohmy:Barbara

I iron t-shirts, jeans, pants etc. (not underwear!) - especially in Summer as the clothes dry fast and the wrinkles seem to be much more noticeable. I think it looks much nicer. I don't iron sheets, towels or pillowcases though - or my bras :LOL:

Not a fan of the iron. Dh irons his own and I shy away from clothes that require ironing. If I do, then it's off to the cleaner. I can't even sew a button on if one should fall off.

I can't even sew a button on if one should fall off.

You should've lived near me about 15 years ago, elaine. We lived in a yuppie-rich neighborhood in Washington, DC. I taught a class called "Survival Sewing," in which I showed the women how to sew on a button, mend a hem, etc.

It was amazing what things they used to repair the hems of their designer skirts and dresses. Perfectly hilarious.

I remember a friend who brought me a skirt she had pulled them hem out of. She was at work when it happened so she actually stapled her hem back up till she could bring it to me!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom