Ooops - oh well

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dragnlaw

Site Team
Staff member
Made some Leek & Cauliflower Soup just now. No milk, no potato. Used just water and my homemade Vegetable Boullion. Would be Vegan had I not used butter to soften the leeks and cauliflower. So I added a nice hunk of Parmesan Crust to enhance flavouring.

Used immersion blender, had two bowls of heavenly flavour.. but also wondered what the little tiny tiny nibs of white chewy stuff was...

Ooops.... Forgot to take out the cheese crust...

Still delish but not as smooth as I was aiming for. :LOL:

plus it sticks to everything! :ermm:

Could have and did think about it but not worth the hassle. They were so small and the soup very thick, would probably have taken quite a while to press it thru.

Also being almost a waxy crust would have really stuck in the sieve's holes. Not worth the effort and didn't really detract from the soup all that much - just mostly surprised as in "what the heck is that?"

Oops! :LOL: Parmigiano Reggiano cheese doesn't have wax; that's the naturally aged and dried outer layer of the cheese. So it's chewy, but edible.

Also being almost a waxy crust would have really stuck in the sieve's holes.

;) I was trying to imply it was as if it was a waxy crust.

Thanks anyhow :ROFLMAO: but I've been around for a while and am well aware it forms its own natural crust as do so many other cheeses.

;) I was trying to imply it was as if it was a waxy crust.

Thanks anyhow :ROFLMAO: but I've been around for a while and am well aware it forms its own natural crust as do so many other cheeses.

Sorry for trying to help :rolleyes: I'm not a mind-reader, so I don't know what's in your head.

Could have and did think about it but not worth the hassle. They were so small and the soup very thick, would probably have taken quite a while to press it thru.

Also being almost a waxy crust would have really stuck in the sieve's holes. Not worth the effort and didn't really detract from the soup all that much - just mostly surprised as in "what the heck is that?"

I've done exactly what you did and strained it. It wasn't much of a hassle.

I'd eat the little bits but it was for guests so I strained.

sub-posting question

jennyema Perhaps, for guests I might have.

Except most of my guests understand I'm a 'down-to-earth rustic' type of cook and this particular soup was/is extremely thick. 5 cups of water just barely covered the leeks and cauliflower pieces.

Plus :ROFLMAO: this immersion blender did a fantastic job. Those "bits" were more like a small kosher salt with a few coarse pieces of sand. Just big enough to play with on your tongue and teeth.

Would like to post this recipe but the aside from the leeks and cauliflower the main seasoning is from a web-site that has since closed down. Can I post their Vegetable Bouillon recipe verbatim? It is the most fantastic recipe that if you don't already have it .... you are going to love it!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom