OT: Thank you to DCers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CWS4322

Chef Extraordinaire
I joined this forum in January (I think). I wanted to chat with people who cook, like to cook...what I didn't realize is that there would be people who would understand how hard it is to care for elderly parents, say goodbye to a beloved friend (Roz), empathize with struggling financially, help me on my road to raising chickens, and just be there. Wow--I belong to a few forums, but DC is the most supportive, positive forum to which I've ever subbed (I got banned from a forum because I sent a PM suggesting the person should write her story--and I offered to help her find a publisher/agent or ghostwriter. I am banned from that forum FOREVER).

You guys are great! When I log in, I feel as if I'm amongst friends. DC is definitely a safe place to visit. I've cried, I've laughed, I've learned new things, I've stretched my mind, and I've experienced the warmth of cyberhugs since I joined. Unless I get banned, I'm going to be here for a long time....Thank you DCers. This is a really fun place to spend time--kinda like a cyber Love Shack (wink).

Last edited:
CWS4322 said:
I joined this forum in January (I think). I wanted to chat with people who cook, like to cook...what I didn't realize is that there would be people who would understand how hard it is to care for elderly parents, say goodbye to a beloved friend (Roz), empathize with struggling financially, help me on my road to raising chickens, and just be there. Wow--I belong to a few forums, but DC is the most supportive, positive forum to which I've ever subbed (I got banned from a forum because I sent a PM suggesting the person should write her story--and I offered to help her find a publisher/agent or ghostwriter. I am banned from that forum FOREVER).

You guys are great! When I log in, I feel as if I'm amongst friends. DC is definitely a safe place to visit. I've cried, I've laughed, I've learned new things, I've stretched my mind, and I've experienced the warmth of cyberhugs since I joined. Unless I get banned, I'm going to be here for a long time....Thank you DCers. This is a really fun place to spend time--kinda like a cyber Love Shack (wink).

A very sweet and heartfelt post. You have been through so much, CWS. I would echo the feeling of support this forum gives.

I do have an issue with the Off Topic stuff: it is totally addictive! Just can't stop!

You have a lot of knowlege on many subjects. Really appreciate your wisdom!

I know exactly how you feel, CWS. I've been a member here for a number of years and when my husband, BUCK (also a member), became ill and died suddenly, I don't think I could've made it through the experience without my DC family. The outstretched arms, compassion, love, support, and heartfelt words were like a huge blanket that wrapped me and helped me. I have no words to say what the folks here mean to me.

You've discovered the "heart" of this site and are enjoying the rich rewards that abound.

We're so glad to have you as part of our global family.

Best board on the net! Family just says it all. We love, cry, laugh and fight together. Glad you're part of the family.

cws, there are very few members that still chat here that have been here longer than i.

one of the greatest pleasures over all of that time is meeting and getting to know and befriend people like you.

there's been so many different backgrounds, so many different ideas and personalities over these years, but it's the good folks like you that has always kept me coming back.

we are the ones who are thankful.

i

Last edited:
Hear, hear, CWS! So true.

DC has become part of my daily regimen - gets my day off to a pleasant start most of the time, exceptions are the sad times when posters share the hard knocks we all get from time to time and DCers respond with sympathy. The community here is amazing in its breadth...the sharing of ideas, consolation at times, those many great recipes, just plain fun (everyone's so witty) and the many kindnesses to one another... from all over the world. Much as I balk at technology, I admit that without access to DC via the Internet, my life would be the poorer. :):):)

cws,
your post brings me to tears. I too love the DC family. I've prayed,laughed, huged many people over the years. When I was so ill i felt the love and it helped me recover.With out my DC family I doubt I'd have made it. I love you all and you are in my heart always. cws I so glad to know you and am glad and happy you are one of the family.
kades

Back
Top Bottom