Our pets

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The thug (my beloved Wonder Horse) was on livery this am so I didn't go to the yard first thing. Beautiful sunny day so had a potter in the garden, did a few jobs and went to get changed for the yard. By which time it was throwing it down with rain. Don't know where it came from as one minute the sun was out and the next there was a down-pour.

Arrived at yard. Had a good go at his deep litter and put down a thick straw bed. Padded it down with the snow shovel so it was nice and firm and went to call in horse.

He usually comes to call but despite lashing rain and me yelling like a banshee so I could be heard in the next county, he completely ignored me and kept chomping the almost non-existent grass. He was half way up the hill in a sea of mud and with my crook hip I can't go and get him in case I fall. Went back to the stables and asked one of the staff to go and get him for me. Apparently she stood at the gate called his name ONCE!!!! and he came strolling down to her.

He has had a stern talking to and informed that if he does it again he'll be sausages!

He listened carefully and then walked into his stable, gave me a black look and proceeded to roll in his beautiful bed and push all the straw up the walls so I had to put it all down again.

I suspect this is my punishment for going away at Christmas and leaving him to the mercies of the stables staff and friends.

MC, it sounds like you are dealing with a stubborn child. :LOL: Our pets are our fur-children, aren't they? ~ You had best make nice and bring gifts to Horse on Valentine's Day.

This is Sadie

We just got her from a shelter, she's 9 weeks old, and golden retriever/mix. They didn't know what the mix part was. She's fun and cute, and we're in the learning and teaching, and teething stage.
img_1405835_0_29b235de29bdcea87a0dba5e77645d66.jpg

We just got her from a shelter, she's 9 weeks old, and golden retriever/mix. They didn't know what the mix part was. She's fun and cute, and we're in the learning and teaching, and teething stage.
img_1406072_0_29b235de29bdcea87a0dba5e77645d66.jpg

Cutie, she looks like a terrier of some sort.

Remember, I have treats in my pockets for all doggies.

And lots of dog treat recipes somewhere on this site.

The thug (my beloved Wonder Horse) was on livery this am so I didn't go to the yard first thing. Beautiful sunny day so had a potter in the garden, did a few jobs and went to get changed for the yard. By which time it was throwing it down with rain. Don't know where it came from as one minute the sun was out and the next there was a down-pour.

Arrived at yard. Had a good go at his deep litter and put down a thick straw bed. Padded it down with the snow shovel so it was nice and firm and went to call in horse.

He usually comes to call but despite lashing rain and me yelling like a banshee so I could be heard in the next county, he completely ignored me and kept chomping the almost non-existent grass. He was half way up the hill in a sea of mud and with my crook hip I can't go and get him in case I fall. Went back to the stables and asked one of the staff to go and get him for me. Apparently she stood at the gate called his name ONCE!!!! and he came strolling down to her.

He has had a stern talking to and informed that if he does it again he'll be sausages!

He listened carefully and then walked into his stable, gave me a black look and proceeded to roll in his beautiful bed and push all the straw up the walls so I had to put it all down again.

I suspect this is my punishment for going away at Christmas and leaving him to the mercies of the stables staff and friends.

He's just making sure you understand that he missed you terribly.

Cutie, she looks like a terrier of some sort.

Remember, I have treats in my pockets for all doggies.

And lots of dog treat recipes somewhere on this site.
I read a review of a cookery book on Amazon where the reviewer was complaining about the writer including a recipe for dog biscuits - not a dog lover then.

I love making, buying and handing out dog treats. Every dog in the facility knows where my office is.

I may have told this story before, so please bear with me. My friend always brought dog treats with her when she came to visit. One day she sat down and forgot about the treats. She had set her purse on the floor. I looked over and there was my dog with his snoot buried in her purse! I doubt if he could have smelled them, because she had them in a plastic bag!

I may have told this story before, so please bear with me. My friend always brought dog treats with her when she came to visit. One day she sat down and forgot about the treats. She had set her purse on the floor. I looked over and there was my dog with his snoot buried in her purse! I doubt if he could have smelled them, because she had them in a plastic bag!
Horse only rarely gets Polo mints but he always has a go at searching my pockets despite knowing that "mugging" for treats is strictly forbidden. He has a good line in "Who, me? I was just making sure that you had a clean handkerchief" acts.

Fed the Wonder Horse yesterday morning and went off to fix him a hay net.

Walked back into the barn and couldn't see him. Went to the loose box and still couldn't see him. Looked over the gate and there he was - lying down, head in bucket, eating his breakfast.

I know this animal doesn't use more effort than absolutely essential but I thought this was over-doing it a bit!

OK, here' one for all you doggie lovers. Many of you old timers (haha) will remember my difficulties with a shelter dog we adopted a few years ago. Rosebud, with the help of some of you, and the advice of a few local trainers, has become a perfectly lovely pet and we adore her and she us. There's one oddity about her --- she will not fetch. Occasionally, she'll grab one of her toys and bring it to us, but if we toss it she gets this pitiful look, as if she gave us a gift and we threw it away. She likes her toys, and every day or two will walk up to all of them and touch them, touch her crate, and she's happy. It's like she has to reassure herself that her "stuff" is still there. But she won't play with it. Any stuffed toy or anything with a squeak or rattle, she destroys w/I hours, sometimes minutes) to take out the noise-maker. Her not playing isn't a big issue most of the time, but in winter you can tell she's bored, and us walking on ice/snow isn't going to happen. I'm tempted to get her a pull/tug-o-war toy, but am afraid of un-doing the training we went through to overcome her early aggressive tendencies. She could use some more exercise until our temps stay above freezing. Any ideas?

Back
Top Bottom