Our Two Boys (pictures)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I am really loving Binky-cat, cute little guy!

I am worried about Princess now. When we first got her there was a lot of jealousy between her and Lassie for attention from me. That has settled down and each has thier place and are happy.
But, lately Princess has taken to growling at the kids if they try and pick her up when she is next to me. Not a problem any other time. Also, she has taken to acting 'unloved' and 'hurt' when around me demanding constant loving and attention. I don't get it, we got her from a family that spoiled her, and our biggest problem was getting her off 'human' food. They apparently fed her a lot of that, which is not good for the dog.
It feels like she has bonded with me to the point that she is developing seperation anxiety leading to severe jealousy, etc.

EDIT: I am still looking for the photo of Ophelia (the English Springer Spaniel), with her head stuck in an ice cream tub. If I can find it I will scan it in and post it.

Buddy, the change can possibly be attributed to your recent stay in hospital and even your changes in your behaviour due to your heart issues (from before the op and since). One of my cats was very stressed on one of the occasions I was hospitalised and licked his fur off the lower part of his body.

When the dog growls at a family member though, you need to reprimand it. If it is sitting next to you at the time, I would suggest removing the dog from you for a brief duration with a couple of words. You will probably need to go thru some retraining with the dog with positive rewards for when it does well. I have one cat that is so possessive of me that he attacks the other cats on the bed at night. (It is getting to the point where the last two nights he has plonked himself down on my face!!! Can tell you that ain't going to be happening for long! LOL) When he does that though, he gets sent from the bed and sometimes relocated to another room. Likewise, he gets "timeout" for bad behaviour - shut in the bathroom or toilet until he meows twice. (Lasts about two to three minutes top.) It breaks the activity, and he comes out a bit quieter so he can go and tackle something else. (I cut him a fair bit of slack cos I think he has brain damage from a couple of car accidents he had before I got him.)

Good luck with the training though!

Love the pic of Annie half off her bed. As well as all the others.

A picture of Flash.

Attachments

• SP0003.jpg
    SP0003.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 149
They're all so beautiful ! Here's my two very spoiled children.

Attachments

• p1010116.jpg
    p1010116.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 140
  • 00019.jpg
    00019.jpg
    127.3 KB · Views: 133
  • 00091.jpg
    00091.jpg
    191.2 KB · Views: 127
Buddies... I love it!
What a great pic!

Although the wheaten dog looks like he's having second thoughts about the sleeping arrangements :LOL:

My avatar is my cat Annette. She died a couple years ago. She was Mr. Frodo's mom or aunt (can't remember--they both had babies at the same time). I was playing with Annette and dropped my tape measure on her. It didn't bother her a bit, and she just stayed put! I named that picture "Seamstress Annette."

:)Barbara

Awe Barbara, sorry that Annette is no longer with you. But it is great to have the memories of her! I always giggle at your avatar!

Buddies... I love it!
What a great pic!

Although the wheaten dog looks like he's having second thoughts about the sleeping arrangements :LOL:

Nothing but a little "just friends" spoon...cuddling!

Good to have dogs who are buddies. Mine is particularly grouchy with other dogs. I took Annie to the groomer to get her nails trimmed, and this guy walked in behind us with a large Rottie. As I choked up on Annie's leash, the owner of the other dog said, "Oh, don't worry. He's well trained and very friendly."

I replied, "Yeah but my dog is a jerk and she kind of looks like a chew toy."

I know what you mean - Jake the Bulldog is 10 now and has calmed down a lot but when he was younger he wasn't too fond of other dogs which is why I always kept him on a leash when we walked him on the beach(still do) Problem is that such a lot of other people let their dogs run free who would then run up to our dog and cause a whole lot of stress - whenever they said - oh our dog won't bite I would say BUT OURS WILL ! ! Fortunately these days he just turns his nose up at other dogs and ignores them :)

Spot on...... it's not always the dog on the leash you need to worry about.
When I first moved out here in the country I was surprised how many people let their dogs run free. I had to say a couple times that it was not my dogs I was worried about when a loose dog came charging out of a yard up to my leashed dogs.
That's one of the reasons I hate those brace leads. I'd just as soon drop the leashes and let my dogs defend themselves if they need to, rather than having them shortleashed to each other.

Aww, all the pics. I will post when I get home. I will shrink them, promise, so all 6 can fit!! LOL
Cubbie is getting big!!

Cute babies! Here's my kids.

Attachments

• Picture 012.jpg
    Picture 012.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 165
  • Picture 024.jpg
    Picture 024.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 151
  • Picture 154.jpg
    Picture 154.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 163
img_599542_0_796cab233a5966096186102f30ca1145.jpg

Sheba- Whippet mix in front, she's 17 now, destiney is the white one, Chuckie is the red one and Jasmine {jazz} is the pillow dog
img_599542_1_a695971a79794520b4ae14bc5a0252b5.jpg

Rebel. He lives by his name too!!
img_599542_2_94913cec38219c175ef0bfd849a63161.jpg

This is the baby, Molly. This is how she sits when she gets her bisuit.:huh: She is a little off. LOL

Last edited:
Wow texas, six babies! You must be busy lol

They are all pretty good. We have a doggie door, so, they come in and out all day. At night, they are in our room or son's room. So, they are a tiny bit spoiled:angel:
It's fun coming home from work.:LOL: Thank goodness the only one that jumps on you is the baby. She loves to hug and kiss you.
I would have a lot more if I had room and dh wouldn't kill me.

Here's my baby(tyler) 13 years old, gettting to where he can't see or hear. Still gets around good though. He's dalmation, dobermmen mix.

Attachments

• tyler.jpg
    tyler.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 170
Here's my baby(tyler) 13 years old, gettting to where he can't see or hear. Still gets around good though. He's dalmation, dobermmen mix.
My sheba is not able to see or hear well either. Sad sometimes. She gets around ok, but, is starting to have difficulty not stumbling. I dread the day that is coming though.

TG- I dread it too, hubby says there will be no more dogs. I guess we'll just have to see about that. I've always had animals and don't know if i can go without one.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom