Painted rocks...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

shaka.jpg

I'm working on my third rock this evening.
I stayed up until almost 1am this morning, playing.

DH: HEH! This new hobby-thing isn't going to take
you away from cooking now is it?
Moi: NOOOOOO !
DH: What's for dinner by the way, and you'd better not say leftovers again!
Moi: Chuckle .... I don't know, what are YOU making for dinner?

:LOL:

:LOL: Kgirl and MrK....!

I painted this one really quick this afternoon....I was aiming for a starry night sky. :huh::)

Attachments

• rock starry night.jpg
    rock starry night.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 239
My artistic abilities are totally nil. So I had better get back to my needlework and knitting.

I can't draw a straight line even if I had a whole set of rulers. Remember paint my numbers? I even screwed that up.

Years ago we had a rock crushing place up in Saugus. Now I know why there was always a bunch of folks there on the weekend. Hunting for rocks to paint. They had a bin to pick from.

Last edited:
002.jpg

003.jpg

004.jpg

005.jpg

006.jpg

My very first Painted Rocks.
They're not perfect, but, like Cheryl said,
I don't HAVE to be artistic,
just have FUN!
And y'a know, I am.
Different ideas keep popping into my head,
and I have to grab a pen and write them down,
or I'll forget...
DH doesn't want to "give them away... you should sell these,
folks AREN'T crafty ... they'd buy these..."
Uummm :ermm:

Wow, they are awesome Cheryl and K-girl.

But, ahem, K-girl. I'm not sure putting instructions on a rock is a good idea. That first one might get you arrested.

:LOL: Kgirl and MrK....!

I painted this one really quick this afternoon....I was aiming for a starry night sky. :huh::)

I love this one. My granddaughter is an artist. Artist enough that she has sold a number of her paintings and some on request. She pained for me a stand of trees just after the sunset in a mountain area. The moon is shining through the trees with a cloud covering a tip of it. And you can just see the outline of the mountains. I love that painting.

You certainly have the gift of art in you. Keep it up. Follow your imagination.

I really like the rock with the front door and window, the house! Cute!

Here’s another crafty idea that I came across while browsing YouTube; painting glass with Elmer’s glue mixed with acrylic paint to resemble stained glass. Haven’t done it yet. I’m saving it for when Mark gets out of rehab. I think it’d be a great and fun craft to do together!

https://youtu.be/FxR3FzXzRcY

Kgirl...you are so creative - I love your rock paintings!

Joel...that's a really good idea, too. I hope Mark is doing OK and will be out of rehab soon.

Since the time change is coming soon and it'll be dark by 5 (ugh), I'm hoping to have some kind of 'something' to help fill my evening time, other than TV. :)

Back
Top Bottom