Painted rocks...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
001.jpg

002.jpg

003.jpg

006.jpg
(this is my fave so far)

Such fun!

So here's my plan: since we travel around a bit,
I'm going to take my Painted Rocks with us and spread
them across the Country!

That's awesome, Kgirl. Just put a little on the back about where they came from:wub:, you never know how far they may travel :LOL:

We have a collection of rocks we've picked up from all over the world in our travels. Not from Hawaii! I know better. They're crudely labeled and some are hard to read. At the very least, I'm going to label them properly and then see about decoration.
We've also collected beach sand (itty bitty rocks lol) from amazing beaches like Copacabana, Tahiti and many others. The little sand bottles are all on display in the guest bathroom.
I continue to be inspired by you two!!

That's awesome, Kay! Gosh...I've loved rocks since I was a little kid - it's in my blood. :LOL: My grandparents and aunt and uncle were rockhounds and owned a gem and mineral shop in Sacramento back in the day. My aunt and uncle left me a bunch of them when they passed away a couple of years ago. Amethyst, jasper, agate, malachite, quartz geodes, rhodochrosite....all kinds of beauties from all over the world. I have a bookcase dedicated to them. :wub:

Cool links there, Kay, thanks!

Yeah, I think it's pretty awesome. It's fun for all ages, and gets people out of the house and walking. I'm amazed at some of the talent out there. :ohmy:

My daughter and I are going to give it a try with a Christmas theme. JoAnn's craft store can hardly keep the little bottles of paint in stock! :LOL:

Bucky....LOL - I had NO idea that's what a white rock or a red front door meant. :ermm::LOL:

Casey...that is a sweet story....
I shall view my elderly neighbour through a completely new light!!! (She's just had her front door painted red!)

What a neat thing to do, Cheryl. I wish people around here would do something like that. Like a year 'round Easter egg hunt.

Unfortunately, after we moved into our new house, we found out that having a large rock painted white in front of your house means that you belong to one of the swingers clubs in the area. Another telltale sign s a red front door. We don't have any painted rocks, but guess what door I'll be painting black this fall.

In our neck of the woods a red front door means the house is paid off. I thought that was the norm.

Those are great, kgirl! :clap:
My 8-year old grandson Tyler painted 3 Halloween rocks this afternoon, but mom picked him up earlier than expected so I didn't get a chance to take a pic of them before he snatched them up to take home. :) Funny...they're so popular around here that there's a new category in 'crafts' at our small local fairgrounds this year - painted rocks. :LOL:

I have a few that are drying on paper plates out on the patio that I hope to finish tomorrow. :LOL:

Oh, that's so neat, K-girl.

Before I read this thread, I wouldn't have known if I could take one, re-hide them, or not.

I probably would have had that really guilty "looking nervously around" look before I would have decided to take one, lol.

Oh, that's so neat, K-girl.

Before I read this thread, I wouldn't have known if I could take one, re-hide them, or not.

I probably would have had that really guilty "looking nervously around" look before I would have decided to take one, lol.

BT, this sounds like the perfect project for you and your son to get involved with together during the winter months. Then keep a couple in your car and when you come across one you like you can swap it out. Start a rock garden with your son.

Thanks, Addie, it is a really great idea.

Although, keeping rocks in my car is too tempting considering my daily commute...

Unless I paint slogans on them like, "You should take the bus", or, "Put your phone down and drive".

Maybe the number of a good auto glass guy. Hey, there's an idea. Situational advertising.

Thanks, Addie, it is a really great idea.

Although, keeping rocks in my car is too tempting considering my daily commute...

Unless I paint slogans on them like, "You should take the bus", or, "Put your phone down and drive".

Maybe the number of a good auto glass guy. Hey, there's an idea. Situational advertising.
Hmmmm... That could become a cottage industry for retired folk.. Advertise local diner, insurance agent, political candidate..;)

Ross

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom