Painted rocks...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
IMG_4415.jpg

As you can tell, I'm using my hobby as an escape :LOL:
I retreat to the finished garage to paint ;)

DSC01190.jpg

We were suppose to get rain this weekend, but, nothing!
I had already made plans to retreat to my She-Cave-Garage, I mean paint this group of rocks.

:( We still have not started our Monsoon Season.
It usually starts as of July 4th,
but all we've gotten is some Thunder Storms and loads of clouds,
producing bupkis!! Well, a coupla spits, but that's it. :glare:

Kgirl, I'm not 'creative' but I'm a good 'copy artist'

and thank you - neighbour just got two sizes of river rock for a project - guess I have to do some midnight roaming. :angel:

(albeit I would never make a good forger! :LOL:)

Kgirl, wanna come over and browse thru my neighbours' pile? I saw some real goodies in there.

Attachments

• 20190716_094832.jpg
    20190716_094832.jpg
    103.9 KB · Views: 106
Kgirl, wanna come over and browse thru my neighbours' pile? I saw some real goodies in there.

:LOL:

For sure dragn! I see some real beauts in there!!

I just got me a new Dollar Store bucket, just for washing rocks
that are meant for landscaping too! I use an old dish brush
and get all the nooks and crannies of dirt,
then put them out in the Sun to dry.

I'm guessing you don't need to put a sealer on them, nor over the painting. Plus I'm also assuming you are using Acrylic craft paints?

I'm guessing you don't need to put a sealer on them, nor over the painting. Plus I'm also assuming you are using Acrylic craft paints?

Well, dragn I do use Acrylic paints along with many other things. Paint pen, glitter glue, glitter, stick on 'gems', goggley eyes and Super Glue them all on...
and yes, you do need to seal them if you want the to last past the first rain, I use Mod Podge and then spray on clear.
There's loads of blogs/videos/forums on Painted Rocks to get you started.

cute Kgirl, was just over at the neighbours earlier this afternoon and was picking up some rock. dLOL had to put some back - got a little carried away - suddenly discovered I couldn't lift the bucket. :ROFLMAO:

Very cute, kgirl. My daughter took me to Hobby Lobby when I was visiting her recently, and I saw googly eyes. Should have picked up a package, but was involved in looking at a million other things. LOL

Back
Top Bottom