Painted rocks...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cheryl J

Chef Extraordinaire
....has anyone else's community been into this? :)

Every now and then when I go to the bank, the grocery store, the park, or some other small business in town, I find a beautifully painted rock that someone has randomly placed for another to person to find. I always re-hide them for someone else. Love it! :):LOL:

Are these naturally colored rocks or has a person painted them? Sound like a great idea. Happy hunting.

In this community, if someone found one, they would probably throw it at you or your car window. Or at best, take it home. I think that is what I would do. I would put it up on my kitchen shelf where I could look at it.

I had not heard about this Cheryl, so I had to ask Mr. Google...
https://paintedrocklife.com/
It sounds like a cute concept fer sure! It sure would be fun to find one, but I'd have to give it away to someone who uses Facebook. Some folks are so creative and talented I was blown away by lots of the painted rocks on that link.
Take a look at these..https://www.pinterest.com/explore/hand-painted-rocks/?lp=true
My favorite is the plumbers crack.

Last edited:
It's been going on in our region for several years. I, too, had to look up to learn about the phenomena. I am out and about pretty frequently and have seen only one. I didn't know what it meant so I left it where it was. Some of my friends have seen and relocated lots of painted rocks.

Modern art meets folk art meets pet rock...he he he. I like it. There are collectors of everything anything, to be sure.

Painted rock door stops? I betcha someone collects those. :LOL:

Last edited:
What a neat thing to do, Cheryl. I wish people around here would do something like that. Like a year 'round Easter egg hunt.

Unfortunately, after we moved into our new house, we found out that having a large rock painted white in front of your house means that you belong to one of the swingers clubs in the area. Another telltale sign s a red front door. We don't have any painted rocks, but guess what door I'll be painting black this fall.

What a neat thing to do, Cheryl. I wish people around here would do something like that. Like a year 'round Easter egg hunt.

Unfortunately, after we moved into our new house, we found out that having a large rock painted white in front of your house means that you belong to one of the swingers clubs in the area. Another telltale sign s a red front door. We don't have any painted rocks, but guess what door I'll be painting black this fall.

Ykies Bucky!! I think it would be way cool to hire an artist to do something creative with that rock. Take a picture of it, and maybe we could come up with some good ideas depending on the size and shape of it.

Psycho-poodle's dog-sitter does these rocks. She makes them for family and friends. She made a set for her neighbor who is in the early stages of Alzheimer's, with names of her kids and grand kids, and things she likes to do. It helps her with her memory.

I just called her and told her about putting them in parks and other public places for people to find. She loves the idea.

CD

Cool links there, Kay, thanks!

Yeah, I think it's pretty awesome. It's fun for all ages, and gets people out of the house and walking. I'm amazed at some of the talent out there. :ohmy:

My daughter and I are going to give it a try with a Christmas theme. JoAnn's craft store can hardly keep the little bottles of paint in stock! :LOL:

Bucky....LOL - I had NO idea that's what a white rock or a red front door meant. :ermm::LOL:

Casey...that is a sweet story....

Last edited:
Oh My GOSH!
What fun !!!!!
I shared this with our new community which has an after school program for the kiddos, thinking that this would be great project for them... they are already making cards for a brave young lady who suffers from B-cell Lymphocytic Leukemia/lymphoma.
I have been sending her postcards myself ...
(Sage Young
P.O. Box 353
Dewey, AZ 86327
if anyone else would like to brighten a 12 year old gals world
https://www.facebook.com/sageyoungspages/)

Wouldn't it be wonderful world if we all took a moment to do some sort of Random Act Of Kindness?

I saw something online about this maybe a year ago. Since Goober walks a lot, he sees them around Akron often. I just saw my first two "in the wild" when I stopped by our town hall to pay a bill last month. They were propped up on the window ledge of the door going into the police station entrance.

I saw something online about this maybe a year ago. Since Goober walks a lot, he sees them around Akron often. I just saw my first two "in the wild" when I stopped by our town hall to pay a bill last month. They were propped up on the window ledge of the door going into the police station entrance.

Did they say "Chuck's Bail Bonds" on them?

That would be a clever marketing idea. :LOL:

CD

Oh My GOSH!
What fun !!!!!
I shared this with our new community which has an after school program for the kiddos, thinking that this would be great project for them... they are already making cards for a brave young lady who suffers from B-cell Lymphocytic Leukemia/lymphoma.
I have been sending her postcards myself ...
(Sage Young
P.O. Box 353
Dewey, AZ 86327
if anyone else would like to brighten a 12 year old gals world
https://www.facebook.com/sageyoungspages/)

Wouldn't it be wonderful world if we all took a moment to do some sort of Random Act Of Kindness?

Yes, it would. Thank you for the link for this precious girl, Kgirl. :wub:

Just got a heads up that this is one of the newest ones hidden. It's "No Hint November" so who knows where it is...I might have to go out walkin' tomorrow. :)

"Day's End"

Attachments

• Rocks....Day's End.jpg
    Rocks....Day's End.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 309

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom