Painting Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PA Baker

Master Chef
I have a few picture frames that are painted in bright pastel colors. I'd like to tone them down some by adding some sort of white wash or crackle finish to them (something to make them less bright but still the color they are--not painting over them completely). Do I need to buy some sort of special craft store paint or can I use watered-down regular white paint?

As you can tell, I have no idea what I'm doing when it comes to arts and crafts! :rolleyes:

Wal-Mart & I'm sure some craft stores sell a product to make a crackle finish on things. I can't remember what it's called though. That's all I know about doing things like that. Sorry! Oh wait, you could use a small sponge & white paint to go over the color on the frames. You can do as little or much as you like to let the other color show through.

PA, you can also get a water base pearl paint and just put one layer on thin.
the crackling is really easy. Just make sure when you put the clear crackle layer on there, that you use the amount you want, the more you brush on, the more crackling it will do. Practice on a piece of wood.

I don't know if you can find it in white PA, but I "refreshed" some old wood frames with a gold coloured paste and now they look really cool. If you could find a white paste like that it would be as quick as a wink for you.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom