Palisades Amusement Park

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LadyCook61

Master Chef
Those were the days, when the park was operating. I used to take my oldest son there when he was a toddler. It's a shame that it's gone.

Long Branch has turned into Pier Villlage (hoyty toyty) and Asbury is undergoing a rehab.....Finally.

Never been to Palisades. Ever go to Action Park? What was the nickname.....Fracture Park?

lol

Grew up in NYC, & never visited The Park in NJ... but this will always stick in my head...

From Freddy "Boom Boom" Cannon

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6VF1ndnDj6M

Everybody... do the Twist. :LOL:

Do have fond memories of Coney Island in Brooklyn NY, but never experienced Steeple Chase or the Parachute jump :w00t2:

Last edited:
Palisades Amusement Park was 10 minutes from my house. What a sad day when that place closed...and Palisades Park was thereafter referred to as Pal Park. What a shame.

My childhood memory is of Euclid Beach | Dudley Humphrey | Euclid Beach Photos - home of the popcorn ball and I LOVED the Kisses - yummy! :LOL: The Laughing Sal - my sister used to carry me by "that thing" while I screamed at the top of my lungs - that thing scared the crap out of me! And the Haunted House - I still have deep-seeded ill will towards my sister for that - and the roller coaster - traumatic!! When I was lucky enough to go with my oldest sister it was quite fun. Annabelle (her member name, not her real name), if you ever read this - that's what's wrong with me today :LOL::LOL::LOL:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom