Paying extra $$ for Gift Cards?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

snack_pack85

Washing Up
The dh and I went to vons (pavillions) here in town yesterday to get a visa gift card for a friends bday. As we were walking up to the check stand we noticed in small letters (4.95 purchase fee)?????!!!!

Wha Wha What???:mad:

They are now charging us to give gift cards??? This is the most asinine thing I have heard in a while. I was so excited when they stopped charging you for not using your cards fast enough...and now they turn around and pull this crap. Well guess what Visa? I will be giving CASH from now on.

Bunch of idiots!:glare:

Sadly, I'm not too surprised at this in view of the fact, now, that many stores charge a restocking fee for returned merchandise. As a result, I've adopted a policy of purchasing from stores that do not have a restocking fee.

Some Mall Gift Cards charge you if you don't use them right away, deducting a couple of dollars a month after 3, 6, or 12 months.

Worse, that's on top of the huge profits the gift card industry makes because of cards that are lost, forgotten about, or expire before used. Whatta ripoff!

I think with most gift cards they did, but the Visa cards are an exception. If you read the fine print on some of them they also charge the user a few cents per transaction too!

Gift cards are horrible. I know it's considered crass, but I get cash or a check as a bonus from my bosses. I prefer that.

IIRC, Victoria's Secret gift cards are $10 but at least come with fancy packaging.

Back
Top Bottom