Peace

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chef Munky

Honey Badger
I just got one over on my son. It's about time to!

We've been having this tug of war over his not putting away his clean clothes or bothering to even hang up his shirts. I say he's messy. He says I'm crazy.

Yesterday I went into his room put his t shirts in the drawer. Hung up his slacks. You would think it would have been no big deal. Oh no not with him. His world was going to crumble. He's been complaining all day about how he now can't find a thing. Because I get bored and go on a cleaning frenzy.

Laundry day today. Well it's usually everyday around here. When I folded his stuff. I casually went to his room. Knocked on the door. Went in. Waited until he turned around and looked at me. As soon as I got his attention I took that stack of clothes and dumped it all right on the floor. Said one word PEACE!
You guys should have seen the look on his face. Shocked!

I'm sitting here now laughing. Look what I'm not going to be cleaning up :LOL:

Munky.

He is lucky, you do his laundry!

When we hit 12 or 13 Mom showed us how to use the equipment and when we went to do a load she always had a few things to" throw in, if you have room"!

The only time she came into our rooms, or the second floor for that matter, is when she started running low on dishes and silverware. With 4 of us that was most of the time.:LOL:

Right on, Munky! It is written, keeping the door shut is the way to go!

I guess I was pretty strict.

Anything on the floor got folded or hung back into my sons closets or drawers. When his clothes started stinking and he saw something like food stains on them, he finally asked me...."Is the clothes washer working right?"

I told him "For cloths that are turned right side in and put in the cloths hamper, it is. Otherwise, they just get put away with your clean ones. You figure it out."

No problem after that.

i just waited for mine to grow up. no battle, if they needed clean clothes, they could wash them. if not in hamper, they were beneath my notice. life is to short to battle over dirty clothes.

Back
Top Bottom