Peppermint teargas bomb to repel bugs?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
this is a question mainly about pest control using a recipe as the weapon. here is my backstory...

Forgot the year... around 2003 orange farmers almanac had a great recipe for homemade marshmallows... a simple boiled candy solution blended with an unflavored gelatin mold beated together formed a marshmallow cream. poured in a cake pan let it sit overnight cut them up and rolled into powdered sugar made one great old timey treat. they went great at my church functions.

after 2 years of doing this recipe one christmas i wanted to candy cane theme marshmallows. it would require 2 batches one with red food coloring and i would intertwine the two colors together.

i had to decide on whether to boil the peppermint oil with the candy mixture or mix it into the gelatin mold. i decided to mix it in with the gelatin mold.

would it be one or two vials? a quick sniff of a vial, and i was like 'this doesnt seem very strong' (yeah now those of you with peppermint oil experience can see this one comming a mile away).

dumped both vials into the gelatin mold... hey each vial was only the size of my thumb... poured the hot candy mixture into that mold...

there was no sights or sounds but the smell/aroma knocked me over like a ton of bricks. my eyes filled up with tears my nose ran i had to get out of that house, open windows turn on fans.

i never got to intertwining them, but took a small sampling tearing them off into pebble size pieces and people try them. everyone called them 'altoid marshmallows'.

even after two weeks my apartment still smelled like peppermint. it was kind of nice.

now here i am battling mesquitos and gnats and wondering, if i recreate that incident would it repel those bugs to get out of my place... while we still have a little warm weather left before the brutal illinois winter shows its ugly face.

this came about after reading that peppermint repels certain bugs

Back
Top Bottom