Pet names

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MochaBean04

Senior Cook
hey all! lol im gettin a kitten.. . hopefully in the next few days and im lookin for a name i have a few ideas and i cant decide which one. lol i had over 100 names and this is what i have it down too. does anyone have any names that they like for an animal?

acapulco ace autumn baydee beans bob bogo boo bubba bud buggy buzz cayenne chiquita chole cody corky corona daisy daiquiri delila dolly dopey eggo elmer ernie furby gato geneva gonzo gus haadee homer huey joey kahlua kayton kermit kudnsen kudo max monterey mocha nano patrick payton pete pokey puff rodick sadie sam schnapps shadie sierra spaz sully sweetpea sydney tiki toby tully twinkie weezer willow wizowksi yogi ziggy

im getting it from my friend. she said it was a girl so thats what im assuming. lol its a calico with orange black white gray and brown in it so its a whole mess of colors lol she? lol is so adorable.. .

I have found that by watching a cat for a few days, they usually will tell you their name. I have also used a baby name book, looking for traits that fit. I had a couple cats a few years ago (sisters). One was very friendly so was named Amy, which meant "friend," and the other was kind of aloof and regal, so she was Ariel, which meant "Devine feline." One of my cats got his name from an accident he was in (I think a trap got his foot). He lost part of his foot and is named Pegleg Pete (Petey for short). Another of my cats cried a lot, so her name was Pitiful Pearl. Gillette got his name from his razor-sharp claws! Watch your kitten for a few days and see if something pops into your head. :cool:

:) Barbara

MochaBean04 said:
im getting it from my friend. she said it was a girl so thats what im assuming. lol its a calico with orange black white gray and brown in it so its a whole mess of colors lol she? lol is so adorable.. .
If it is a calico, it is either a girl or it is worth a lot of money! Male calicos are very rare (and, I have heard, sterile).

I've been told that all calico cats are girls.

My son has a orange and white cat that he named Cheeto..as a kitten she would jump up and take a Cheeto away from him.

You could call her Mocha.....or Chi Chi or wait until you get her and decide.:cool:

Last edited:
I choose Chole.........Chole the kitty......has a nice ring to it.

awwww, there's nothing like a kitty-cat!
we have 7 now. some people had dropped off a kitten recently, but we found out who it was and my Dad promptly returned the cat to them.)
we have ozzy, elmo (mo), bean (his name started out as twiddlebug:wacko: ), esther, (after a phish song), ellie, 'fe, and 'po (also after a phish song). i won't say 'po's full name, but any phish fan could guess it. (you know, phishheads... poster....)
i also like a name GB said his friend named his cat, 'tela'. that's another name from phish. (my friends, my fiance, my brother and i are big fans.:LOL: )

I have an irish setter, very handsome boy, its name is ONY. I love him. But for a kitten I can say "tuffee" is good one :). Maybe sumi...

I agree with Barbara - very often cats will tell you what their name is. My sister got a cat and named him "Pismo" after one of her favorite beaches. She began calling him "Piz" after a week or so. A couple of weeks later, he wasn't responding to his name. So, my nephew said "Pismo.......Piz........" (nothing) Then, "Hey, MOE!" and the cat came. He is now only "Moe" and will not respond to anything else.

PS - I, like msalper, am a dog person. My beautiful black dog is "Katie".

We have 2 kittens, a calico named Nut & a cream & white bob tail named Tater. Hubby named them both, but the names really fit! Here's a list of other pets I've had & their names. Nut is asleep in my lap right now & Tater is asleep wrapped up in a blanket in TC's lap.

Albino rabbit- TJ
Brown rabbit- Tiger
2 goldfish- Bubbles & Jaws
Maltese- Muffin
2 parakeets- Baby Blue & Yellow
Love bird- Sweet Pea
Pug- Devon
Chocolate lab puppy- Cocoa
Australian terrier- Snook
mutt- Peanut(Hubby found him next to our house one day almost dehydrated. His owners had gone on vacation & a friend of theirs was taking care of him & he ran off. He went back home with very relieved owners.)
Blue heeler/Australian shepherd mix- BB(TC named her BB because she had one blue eye & one brown eye.)
2 cats- Smokey & Littlebit
2 kittens- Callie & Bob

These were not all at the same time & go all the way back to when I was 8 yrs. old.

Heart Attack

It is very nice feeling to have them to live with them..
It is very sad to know that he (ONY my dog) had an heart attack yesterday. We didn't know, and couldn't understand it. After result of his spit test, we now know that. But he is OK now. It is very bad that we can not do anything unfortunately... I'm sorry for this... I just want to share my feelings with you...

I'm sorry to hear about your dog msalper, but I'm glad he is ok now. Is he on any medication now, or does he have to follow a different diet? I hope he continues to do well.

Congrats on your new friend.
Kittens are so much fun!!

My cat was born on Easter Sunday so we named here Lily (Easter Lily). We
call her Lilybean most of the time.

I've found that cats usally name themselves. Just watch her for awhile and a name will pop into your head.

But, if you want to prename kitty... of the names you posted I really like Twinky and willow. Or since she's a calico you could name her Kelly or Patches.

Have fun.

I hope Ony is okay! (I love his photograph)
Never be afraid to share this kind of stuff with us - after all, he's a member of your family!

I always liked Nerf for a kitten, I think it fits for those pets that really bounce off the walls. And now comes my long list of animals:
Huckleberry - Beagle/Basset/Lab mix
Rocko - Golden Retriever Mix
Corki - Welsh Corgi
Cricket - Jack Russell mix
Crumb - White and Grey cat
Panda - Calico cat

Thank god they're spread out across 3 different homes, lol.

Msalper, I hope Ony is doing much better now. I know how hard it is to have a pet become sick. Like jkath said, thay are a part of the family!

yes, i am sorry too. 2 summers ago we had to put our dog down. Riley was having stomach problems and one day he was fine and the next he couldnt lift him self. Our family has always had a dog and we still cant get over Riley :( thats why were easin are way in with a kitty. He was a pure bread collie and ever since we had him i love collies and i want one when i have a family. lol

Back
Top Bottom