Pet People?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Beautiful kitties Connie!! Pedigreed or not I am sure they are kings (or queens) of the household...:) How did they receive Chloe? (and what a lucky dog she is!!) Somehow I can picture them reluctantly tolerating her while she is all over them begging to play with her...:LOL:

I have 2 cats, Ginger (orange) and Panther (black) and 2 dogs, Dudley (small) and Buster (huge) The dogs live at my parents house, but I still consider them my puppies! I love them all...

Attachments

• gp.jpg
    gp.jpg
    122.8 KB · Views: 195
  • IM000917.jpg
    IM000917.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 186
  • 66_JPG.jpg
    66_JPG.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 198
Uh-ohh!! You ask about pets?!! I have 9 dogs (none under 45 pounds), 13 cats (all dogs and cats are spayed or neutered) and two burros (formally wild donkeys). Many of my "critters" were dumped (abandoned) and either found us or we found them. They all have a home for life with me!!! I take them in to get checked out, and "fixed." In the past we have had as many as 25 cats, 15 dogs and even rabbits; all pets. The 2 burros in my avatar are Sugar and Baby and yes, they are real; just try walking outside with a sandwich!!!!

:) I love all the creatures here.I have 3 dogs and two cats.The dogs are Bear a female chow mix she is so cute,then there is Daisy Duke I picked her up at a grocery store parking lot in Texas she was so little she's a boxer mix then there is Lobo{wolf in spanish}he is a pure German Shepard I call him Baby Bobo my hubby found him on a highway we found the people who had him but they wanted to find him a home anyway.He is so gentle and has a heart of gold.
The two cats are a white himalayan named Shadow and a grey striped cat we call Snoopy cuz he is really nosy.
Never a dull moment they all have their own personalities

urmaniac13 said:
Beautiful kitties Connie!! Pedigreed or not I am sure they are kings (or queens) of the household...:) How did they receive Chloe? (and what a lucky dog she is!!) Somehow I can picture them reluctantly tolerating her while she is all over them begging to play with her...:LOL:

Thank you, friend...they sure are.

Chloe has a "merry tail", which means it wags all the time.
Mei Yu tolerates her...she'd seen dogs before, and after she taught the dog a few manners, they have been OK.
Chang is terrified of the dog, and growls whenever he sees her. It has become great fun for our friends to watch Chloe chase the cat. I try to discourage that, but it still happens sometimes. It is pretty funny. We have a tile floor in our living area, which means they both slip and slide a lot. :LOL: :ROFLMAO: :LOL:
But Chang is king of the waterbed, and snuggles up into the small of my back while I sleep.
I don't let my cats go outside. Siamese cats are not meant as outdoor cats. Besides, I don't want mine stolen or eaten by a coyote. In fact, I'm pretty carefull about Chloe's evening runs. She would make a verh tasty little treat for a coyote too.

Grumblebee, you just had to show me that one!!

jp, I got my Destiny in a grocery parking lot too!! I called my husband and he said no. He was griping when he saw her, until he picked her up!! She just licked him all over!

Aw, Grumblebee, he reminds me of my dear departed Maggie. she was much shaggier, had hair like a malamute or something, but that dog had the biggest heart I've ever seen. The vet called her a "collie mix".
My dad said he always knew whether I was at the house, shop, or one of the greenhouses, because Maggie was guarding the door.
She passed at 17. We think she had a stroke.

I still miss her.

Last edited:
:) The dogs go in a large pen in the day unless the weather is horrible they have three houses in pen ,Lobo usually goes with his dad in the truck to patrol the ranch, the cats have a cat door so they go in and out all day but the cats get locked in house before dark because of coyotes,owls,bears mountain lions{we live way out in the mountains}
The dogs come in around 4 PM as much as I love them I need a break during the day cuz they will follow me room to room all day.Cant get much done that way.Of course biscuit time is when they come in and they make sure you dont forget it either.
I love their cheerfullness.
People are always saying to me in my next life I want to come back as one of your pets.SPOILED? Naah not my babies.

GB said:
2 cats. Minor (Mr. Minor if we are getting formal) and Loki who was named Ruby before we found out that she was a he.
Here are my boys. Minor is the black cat and Loki is the white one.

Attachments

• Minor07.jpg
    Minor07.jpg
    239.5 KB · Views: 175
  • Ruby35.jpg
    Ruby35.jpg
    346.1 KB · Views: 191
:) Texasgirl, the same thing happened to me I was working in Texas in November and December as I have for the past 10 years cooking for a family during the hunts.I didnt tell my husband on the phone until he came to visit over Christmas. Because I knew he would be so mad, I didn't want him to stew all the way down there..When he showed up I kept saying Ill find her a home I SWEAR.Well she was all over him and I kept saying.See! SHE LOVES YOU!It was all over for him.He has all kinds of little nick names for her now.

much love for the zoo

grumblebee, that is a super pic of your poochpal!! and ur, that hamster pic is the best ever, tho hamsters are usually ever so devilish...

i'm a vet, so this is actually the least number of animals i've had in the house since college. currently, i live with a wonderful death-row-shelter-trash mostly-sheltie (as in, she looks just like a shetland sheepdog, only they don't make those in 30lb size) named Sheba, http://us.a2.yahoofs.com/users/43cf5584z5547916e/b4a7/__sr_/8049re2.jpg?phwakBEBEfp_zmFb
a sulcata tortoise named Atlas,http://us.a2.yahoofs.com/users/43cf5584z5547916e/b4a7/__sr_/a509re2.jpg?phwakBEBdmh.EeWJ
the corn snakes Luna and Morrolan, the betta bathroomfish, and an aquarium full of angels & catfish.

Ok... Ill bite.....

Boots and Binks... my 2 doggies and 3 of my 5 fish tanks... probably over 200 fish.

Toasty Kids.jpg

sm100g 11.jpg

sm103_0352.JPG

sm55gC1.jpg

Constance said:
Here's Chloe...
Oh Connie what a sweet face...So darling, would love to give her a pat..If she were open to it.

kadesma:)

I have as a constant companion a black and tan 14 year old doxie, Maggie. She is like a shadow and dearly loves the grand kids..She and Ethan have become fast firends. If I should look and see she is not right with me, I just go find the one kid who is asleep and there she will be right beside them standing guard. We also have the cat my daughter just had to have when she got her own first place..Then she got married and I got the cat!!! The goofiest cat I have ever seen..About 2 months ago, DH and I were watching TV and Maggie started to growl, and I looked twoard the sliding door where she goes in and out, and there were two little kittens. Someone had just dumped them and they had made their way into the back yard..Once I went to the door, Maggie said heck with it and went back to sleep..We now have to new babies, Whisky a grey, white with tiny bits of orange and yellow eyes and ever so fluffy and Simon a part siamese coco head tail, paws, tail is striped like whisky's but both are so cute and sweet...They stay in the garage at night and haven't figured out the doggie door like mr. goofey Tigger..While I wasn't looking for more cats after losing my wheezie to a coyote last summer, how could I not take these two?

We love em all..

kadesma:)

Back
Top Bottom