Petty Vents

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Pain is really bad right now, can't sleep.

Is it the same bone you broke before? BTW have you had a density test done for your bones? It only takes about two minutes and is totally painless.

Like you, I too an a klutz. But my bone density is the same now as it was 30 years ago. Really healthy. That's because I drink a LOT of milk.

Dawgluver, you are not a klutz, you are just stubborn. If you need glasses wear them or get lenses. Yes a new pair of glasses takes time to break in and get comfy, it like a pair of shoes. I been wearing glasses for 34 years now, cant have lenses due to my eyes and I just live with it because the option is worse.

Naw, I'm just a klutz. Had a bone density test done a few years ago, I too have the bones of a thirty year old. I've had monovision all my life. One eye for close up, the other eye for distance. That may be part of the problem. And my night vision is terrible. I always wear my glasses when driving, though.

Last edited:
There is no helping my brain, :LOL:

I also use one contact lense when we go out. Then I can see people.

Last edited:
Dawg, cold and ibuprofen to get the swelling down, prop that sucker up, too. I have to go find my knee brace so I can get through cardiac rehab this morning.

Dawg - if it is really painful - it sounds like it is out of alignment still.

I once broke a bone in my foot and was in awful pain for several days, then one day I had to pick something up from the floor - I lost my balance and put down the sore foot - there was a click and more horrid pain - but then... gone!

Still sore for quite a while but the swelling slowly went down and the pain had subsided tremendously - I figured I had "reset" the bone myself! :LOL:

Since starting to wear glasses full time I am constantly bashing my head on things. :ohmy: I hate it but hate squinting and taking twice the time to focus on things so I wear them. :ermm:

In tests - they congratulate me on 'excellent peripheral vision' - but they never do the tests with glasses on. Brings that "excellent vision" down to "tunnel vision"! :mad:

You guys are dolls! I took the ace bandage off, and was finally able to get some sleep. Foot is feeling much better today. I propped it up on a pillow.

Last edited:
img_1487773_0_46f54745aacba8af5099c2eb09975881.gif
and I don't charge hundreds of $$$ (maybe just a few of your kitchen toys, hmmm?)

I just wanted to assure anyone, everyone, that you can be educated in a few areas, experienced in a few areas, smart here or there, and a compassionate human being and still glue your thumb to your finger with superglue. Fingernail polish still takes it off.

:ROFLMAO: How did you manage that, Bliss?
I had previously bought some beads, that had metal edges that are glued to the opening on both sides of the bead, but some had come disconnected. They look like this:
So I decided to glue the metal edges onto the 30 beads, to their openings, so they would look nice. Just as I was finishing up, I glued my thumb and finger together. I believe this was to teach me to be humble. It worked. :LOL:

At least it wasn't to her hair or forehead! How do you explain that to the mailman or grocery store?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom