Petty Vents

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Report this all you want

I live in Shelby County, Tennessee where 55% of the residents qualified for covid vaccination have refused to get one. I am sick of excuses. With the exception of compromised immunity, the explanations I've heard in the elevator every day are just excuses for cussedness. Lest anyone mistake my use of that word for grumpy eccentricity, I mean selfishness, maliciousness, viciousness, cruelty, hatefulness, and malevolence.

Synonyms of cussedness; Thesaurus dot com.

I'm sick of every time I turn around they're changing things. If you got the shot you don't need a mask. Oh wait Yes you do. You can't get the virus if you got the shot. Oh never mind I guess you can. Mask Nazis can shove them where the sun don't shine.

I'm sick of every time I turn around they're changing things. If you got the shot you don't need a mask. Oh wait Yes you do. You can't get the virus if you got the shot. Oh never mind I guess you can. Mask Nazis can shove them where the sun don't shine.

Thing is, they don't know. Thing is, they are learning as they go. They are trying to prevent the spread of Covid. But like any other disease that have emerge throughout the history, they are pocking in the dark. It's going to take them years to figure out exactly what is going on. And in the end it sounds like that we are going to be wearing masks, and will be vaccinating every year, just like a flue. And yes, masks are annoying. But better safe than sorry.
And yeah, you can get virus after the shot, I did. But it was in very mild form, and my wife who did not get shot is still suffering from it 4 month latter.

When circumstances change, the medial community has to change their recommendations to deal with the new conditions. I take these changes as a positive sign. COVID is new so we are learning more and more about it as it develops.

I much prefer this to making a decision early on and stubbornly sticking to it regardless of circumstances.

Thing is, they don't know. Thing is, they are learning as they go. They are trying to prevent the spread of Covid. But like any other disease that have emerge throughout the history, they are pocking in the dark. It's going to take them years to figure out exactly what is going on. And in the end it sounds like that we are going to be wearing masks, and will be vaccinating every year, just like a flue. And yes, masks are annoying. But better safe than sorry.
And yeah, you can get virus after the shot, I did. But it was in very mild form, and my wife who did not get shot is still suffering from it 4 month latter.

I agree.

Also, the virus keeps mutating. I wish it didn't, but that's what happens. We can't expect the scientist to know as much about the variants as they know about the original virus, because they haven't had as long to study them yet.

I agree.

Also, the virus keeps mutating. I wish it didn't, but that's what happens. We can't expect the scientist to know as much about the variants as they know about the original virus, because they haven't had as long to study them yet.

Exactly. And the more people get sick, the more virus can mutate. I bet at some point when doctors told people to wash their hands, or only drink boiled water, people called them nazis too, or even worse.

Last edited:
I agree.

IMO from what I have heard it’s the fools who refuse to get vaccinated that are at fault. The bug is going into the unvaccinated and mutating to a strain that isn’t immune to the vaccine. We won’t have a cure until EVERYONE is vaccinated. As soon as the can vaccinate young children it should be mandatory to go to school. Just like all the other vaccines against mumps, polio, measles, whooping cough, chicken pox etc. No vaccine no school. They can do that now for high school and universities. Just IMHO.

It's going to be a long time before I don't wear a mask in public. I'm fully vaxed. I understand that, as they have been telling us, the mRNA vaccines are ninety something percent effective, not 100%. I understand that it just gives me a very much better chance of not getting C-19 or at least not getting very sick from it. This disease is not going away in the foreseeable future. We are going to have to learn how to live with it.

My petty vent for today. We were expecting a grocery delivery between 16:00 and 18:00. So, we ordered sandwiches from Dagwoods. We can order them ahead of time and eat them when we have time. DH has a virtual role playing game tonight, which starts at 19:00. So, timing of supper is kinda important and I might be too tired to cook after the grocery delivery. At 18:00 we decided to eat supper and if the groceries arrived while we were eating, we would deal with getting them in the house and with the fridge and freezer stuff and then finish our sandwiches.

Well, at 18:08 I got an automated call that said my groceries might be delayed by up to 60 minutes. Then I got another one at 18:24, but this time it asked if I wanted to reschedule the delivery. I did. It's much easier to deal with the groceries when we both do it. It was a giant, stupid rigmarole to get it rescheduled. I was eating supper when they called. The machine transferred me to a menu and I had to go through several layers of that to get a rep, "Thank you for calling, can I help you?" Of course, they wanted my order number. I had to run upstairs to the computer to find it. It is re-scheduled for tomorrow between 14:00 and 16:00. Well, at least if they are late tomorrow, I should still have time to make supper.

Petty Vent:
I just spent 3 hours working o my son's fly rod, as a give-away for his business. It will be very nice when completed. I just got my new power wrapper for wrapping o guides, and drying the epoxy wrap coatings. it works great, but took some time to set it up; and of course there's a learning curve to getting the thread wraps to lay down perfectly smooth. I had to redo one side of a snake guide foot. My gripes - lost my China marker, can't find it anywhere. My back hurts from bending close to see the thread wrap progression, ad inspect them when done. And I call this an enjoyable hobby:LOL:. Oh to have my body from just 20 years back. it did so many things so well.

Seeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Petty Vent:
I just spent 3 hours working o my son's fly rod, as a give-away for his business. It will be very nice when completed. I just got my new power wrapper for wrapping o guides, and drying the epoxy wrap coatings. it works great, but took some time to set it up; and of course there's a learning curve to getting the thread wraps to lay down perfectly smooth. I had to redo one side of a snake guide foot. My gripes - lost my China marker, can't find it anywhere. My back hurts from bending close to see the thread wrap progression, ad inspect them when done. And I call this an enjoyable hobby:LOL:. Oh to have my body from just 20 years back. it did so many things so well.

Seeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Yes Chief, all well and good to have that younger version of you,
but
with age comes knowledge or is it wisdom ... whichever, you know what I mean :)

Well, my groceries arrived, barely, on time today. However, there was stuff missing: two cans of frozen o.j., one bag of frozen Asian vegi mix, and one jar of pickles. Two frozen and one refrigerator item, I think the driver missed a bag. He wasn't the shiniest penny in the wallet. He didn't seem to grasp the concept of doorbell, when I asked him why he hadn't used it. He also put most of the groceries in our tiny entrance hall. That means that DH couldn't get to the conveniently stored cash that we put there specifically for giving tips. Guess who didn't get a tip.

No, they won't be delivering the missing items later. I'll be getting a refund. :ermm: I'm waiting until I'm less annoyed to fill in the survey asking me what I thought of this shopping experience. The email for that was waiting for me when I got to my computer after the delivery.

No house internet since 9:30 Thursday morning. I know the time because that's when my neighbor sent a text to find out if our power went out - it had, for about 10 minutes. The power surge when electricity came back on fried our modem. Himself already has one waiting for him at our service provider's store, which he'll pick up in the afternoon.

No house internet since 9:30 Thursday morning. I know the time because that's when my neighbor sent a text to find out if our power went out - it had, for about 10 minutes. The power surge when electricity came back on fried our modem. Himself already has one waiting for him at our service provider's store, which he'll pick up in the afternoon.

Was the power loss from a storm or from rolling blackouts? We've been getting flickers on and off here during this horrid heat.

No, they won't be delivering the missing items later. I'll be getting a refund. :ermm: I'm waiting until I'm less annoyed to fill in the survey asking me what I thought of this shopping experience. The email for that was waiting for me when I got to my computer after the delivery.

I don't know why you are waiting! Should be done at the time! While the steam is still hot!
taxy, I'm a little surprised you are still using the home delivery. I think you (with proper care) would be safe to do your own now. The hit and miss I keep hearing from you would drive me crazy!

CG, my sympathies! Again I would go nuts! LOL.

On the farm with the Generac generator, I would only feel a little blip when power went off. Many times I never even knew when it came back, with out going to the window to listen for the generator.
Not having a house/generator anymore and living in a town which regularly loses power every time a crow flies by is also driving me nuts. My son does have a gas generator in the garage, but the power doesn't seem to go off long enough to bring it out. When he is here - that is fine, but when I am alone I gnash my teeth. Thinking of getting a Generac, my expense :innocent:, installed. Prices have tripled since I got my original. :( but still thinking about it, and the fence is leaning very heavily on the generator. They are no big deal to install, no huge major things to change.

Back
Top Bottom