Petty Vents

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I don't know what will happen to my country. Pervert stupid politicians, illiteracy, catholic fanaticism, homophobia. There is no job and our parlament is focusen on Berlusconi and his stupid problems: a normal country would have him fired years ago.
And after 15 years I can't write yet in a decent english.

I don't know what will happen to my country. Pervert stupid politicians, illiteracy, catholic fanaticism, homophobia. There is no job and our parlament is focusen on Berlusconi and his stupid problems: a normal country would have him fired years ago.

We understand you well enough, that's what's important. And I bet you write beautifully in Italian. :) As for the problems your country is facing, there are pleanty of countries having a lot of of problems. I hope they can all get them figured out. Don't know the answers, all I can do is hope.

The funny thing is that my Brother talk a perfect english, almost at native level. His only problem is the italian inflection.
About my country, I know there is no magic place called "abroad" where everything is perfect, but sometime I would will only go away. Other countries seem a lot more rational than Italy, even if they have many problems. It seems they can really get them figured out, because they work on them.
What I can't stand is to see italian politicians fighting on stupid things, with no mind on real Italy's problems. How can I hope in a better future without a good government?

The funny thing is that my Brother talk a perfect english, almost at native level. His only problem is the italian inflection.
About my country, I know there is no magic place called "abroad" where everything is perfect, but sometime I would will only go away. Other countries seem a lot more rational than Italy, even if they have many problems. It seems they can really get them figured out, because they work on them.
What I can't stand is to see italian politicians fighting on stupid things, with no mind on real Italy's problems. How can I hope in a better future without a good government?

:) There is a reason political beliefs are a taboo subject on this forum. They are too easy to fight about. I worry about the future of my own country also. But then I remember that there are countries with far worse economies, far worse political corruption, and a lot less freedom. It doesn't ease my mind about the future of the country, but it does help me appreciate what we currently have. And beyond that I just hope.

I'm pretty good with English. I have a decent vocabulary, a decent grasp of the grammar rules. I'm not great with spelling but that's why dictionaries exist (or one of the reasons). I took three years of Spanish in high school and one year in college. I can remember how to ask where the bathroom is, say hello, tell someone he/she is crazy, and call someone a foolish monkey. I kind of remember how to tell someone they have the nose of a parrot but I'd have to verify it with a Spanish to English dictionary. And that's about it. We all have things we are good at. Learning a second language just isn't one of them for some of us. Keep trying though. You don't have to be a native speaker to get your point across and even if it takes you longer to get good at it, you still got there eventually. You just have to practice.

well, it seems to me Berlusconi had his days.. I don't think he will come back to high politics again.
And it's you choice to change something when the next election comes - well, in Italy that may be faster than you think.. ;)

Italy is not so bad after all. You have the better weather than we here on the north side of the Alps and you definitely have the better food ;o)

The funny thing is that my Brother talk a perfect English, almost at native level. His only problem is the Italian inflection.
What I can't stand is to see Italian politicians fighting on stupid things, with no mind on real Italy's problems. How can I hope in a better future without a good government?

Don't feel bad. One day about 40 years ago, the Texas Legislature spent an inordinate amount of time debating on whether they should commend Albert Di Salvo for his contribution to society. They finally passed the bill. Albert Di Salvo was the Boston Strangler and killed at least six women in a nasty manner. So all politicians have there idiosyncrasies. The last thing on my plate to worry about is politics. That is why this forum is so great. No politics! :angel:

TL, what a terrible thing to say about another person.

Now on to better items of interest. Well, I did it again. The Pirate bought a pizza from Santarpio's. The best pizza in all of New England according to the Phantom Gourmet. Our local food critic. It had double cheese and was floating in olive oil. I managed to stuff two slices into my face. YUM! But not for long. Another trip to the hospital for the gall bladder this time. I have never life experienced such pain. I am home, all is well. But after a flurry of tests, they found something wrong with one of my kidneys and that could very well be problematic. But the gall bladder is fine now.

When the nurse was removing the IV, she didn't put pressure of the point of entry. Just a thick pad and tape. I started to take a walk out in the hall and stopped to talk to someone. They looked down and said in a calm voice, "Do you know you are bleeding?" I look down and there was blood all over my feet, a puddle on the floor and the front of my housecoat. Par for the course. For a trip to the hospital that was only 15 hours long, it was just full of events.

So how was your day? :angel:

Last edited:
TL, what a terrible thing to say about another person.

Now on to better items of interest. Well, I did it again. The Pirate bought a pizza from Santarpio's. The best pizza in all of New England according to the Phantom Gourmet. Our local food critic. It had double cheese and was floating in olive oil. I managed to stuff two slices into my face. YUM! But not for long. Another trip to the hospital for the gall bladder this time. I have never life experienced such pain. I am home, all is well. But after a flurry of tests, they found something wrong with one of my kidneys and that could very well be problematic. But the gall bladder is fine now.

When the nurse was removing the IV, she didn't put pressure of the point of entry. Just a thick pad and tape. I started to take a walk out in the hall and stopped to talk to someone. They looked down and said in a calm voice, "Do you know you are bleeding?" I look down and there was blood all over my feet, a puddle on the floor and the front of my housecoat. Par for the course. For a trip to the hospital that was only 15 hours long, it was just full of events.

So how was your day? :angel:

Criminy, Addie! Whatsa matta you?? You know better! Geez. Is the Pirate the PA? If he is, he's in big trouble. Take care of yourself.

Criminy, Addie! Whatsa matta you?? You know better! Geez. Is the Pirate the PA? If he is, he's in big trouble. Take care of yourself.

The Pirate is the plumber. The PA was working and left work to come to the hospital after talking to the doctor.

Don't worry, no more pizza from Santarpio's.

I have an appointment with the surgeon in January about the possibility of having my gall bladder removed. I have talked to several folks who have had theirs removed and they are all very happy folks! :angel:

Last edited:
well, it seems to me Berlusconi had his days.. I don't think he will come back to high politics again.
And it's you choice to change something when the next election comes - well, in Italy that may be faster than you think.. ;)

Italy is not so bad after all. You have the better weather than we here on the north side of the Alps and you definitely have the better food ;o)
I close with politic, it's better :ROFLMAO: Thank you everyone.

We have a better food, but I love your wurst and sauerkraut. And also the beer. It's really stereotypical, I know, but it's true.

How are you now?

The Pirate is the plumber. The PA was working and left work to come to the hospital after talking to the doctor.

Don't worry, no more pizza from Santarpio's.

I have an appointment with the surgeon in January about the possibility of having my gall bladder removed. I have talked to several folks who have had theirs removed and they are all very happy folks! :angel:

I had mine removed several years ago. One bad attack was all it took and my GI doctor recommended it come out. Surgical methods are quite advanced now; I had to have an "open" surgery for this, but the incision was only about three inches long. When my mom had hers out in the '90s, there was a long scar going diagonally across her abdomen.

I had mine removed several years ago. One bad attack was all it took and my GI doctor recommended it come out. Surgical methods are quite advanced now; I had to have an "open" surgery for this, but the incision was only about three inches long. When my mom had hers out in the '90s, there was a long scar going diagonally across her abdomen.

I am fine now. But this is my second bout. They first one, they ended up doing CPR on me. Yeah, it is time to remove it.

The least thing I am worried about is a scar. Between the open heart surgery and the gastric surgery, I have a scar that runs from my scapula bone all the way down to my nether. Then there is the scar from the hysterectomy. Oh yeah, the one from the abscess that developed into a small tumor.

You know, the funny thing is my frying pan is gathering dust every since the first bout. :angel:

Last edited:
Addie, I am like you with the scar from the scapula all the way down. And the lower one they had to open twice! While they were in there the doctor removed my appendix because it was "in the way." He added on a charge for the appendectemy but insurance didn't pay it. I got a toofer!

Addie, I am like you with the scar from the scapula all the way down. And the lower one they had to open twice! While they were in there the doctor removed my appendix because it was "in the way." He added on a charge for the appendectemy but insurance didn't pay it. I got a toofer!

I hope the doctor paid it!

Well, I sure didn't pay it! When I got the summary from the insurance it showed $0 paid and $0 billable. I guess they figured he just did it while he was in the neighborhood.

Well, I sure didn't pay it! When I got the summary from the insurance it showed $0 paid and $0 billable. I guess they figured he just did it while he was in the neighborhood.

Hmmm...wonder if I can get a free tummy tuck when I go in...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom