Photobucket Is Holding People's Photos For "Ransom"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well I just got my notification from Phfftbucket today. I never tried to understand before but I think now I understand how it works.

When we 'copy' the http on their site and then 'paste' on DC it is actually becomes a link back to them for the visual pic?

so now they will dis-able the link and then our pictures disappear?

They did give me clear instructions to be able to download pictures back directly onto my computer. All I have to do is choose which ones! LOL I have all my personal ones, just some others that I had loaded from another source I might want to keep - as I don't have a clue where I originally got them.

They didn't give me a time frame in which I would have to comply 'or die'.

Well I just got my notification from Phfftbucket today. I never tried to understand before but I think now I understand how it works.

When we 'copy' the http on their site and then 'paste' on DC it is actually becomes a link back to them for the visual pic?

Yes, but they won't just disappear - they'll be replaced with this.
2017-07-11-08-16-50.jpg

When you select "Post A Reply" and scroll down, you come to a section called "Manage Attachments". Click on that.

Select "Choose Files". A new window opens and you can navigate to where your photos are on your computer. Find the picture you want to upload to DC and select it. You can select a second photo the same way. Then click on "Upload" and the photos will be loaded into your Reply window. Add any text and you're done.

There are other ways but I find this the easiest as it doesn't involve any outside photo storage sites.

This is much simpler than my method... I'd never scrolled down to see that was there... Thanks Andy... :)

Ross

They did give me clear instructions to be able to download pictures back directly onto my computer. All I have to do is choose which ones! LOL I have all my personal ones, just some others that I had loaded from another source I might want to keep - as I don't have a clue where I originally got them.

They didn't give me a time frame in which I would have to comply 'or die'.

Where are the PB picture download directions? I didn't see them.

I use tapatalk on my phone. Just click and post pic.

I have never posted from the computer, as I signed up for DC on tapatalk and can't sign in on the browser now.

They would have been better off letting old photos stay and not letting any new links be formed. Breaking the Internet was a bad move. Also, if they charged 9.99 a month I bet millions would pay, just for the convenience. They didn't think it through very well. Greed was their only thought.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom