Pixar's UP

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GB

Chief Eating Officer
We took Rachel to see UP in 3D today. I was thoroughly impressed with this movie as well as the new 3D technology. The story was really well thought out unlike a lot of other movies these days. It was a bit sad though. Much sadder than I expected. There was also a decent amount of violence which I was not expecting. After we got home we realized it was PG and not G. Rachel was scared during a few parts, but hid in our laps and really enjoyed the movie overall. I do not expect any nightmares or anything.

The 3D technology (I think they now call it real D or something like that) is great. The 3D in the previews was very in your face and tons of it, but in the movie itself it was often very subtle and used to enhance the movie, not to be the main attraction. It was very well done.

If you get a chance, go see this movie in 3D. It is worth it. If you have to wait to see it in 2D then don't worry about it because you will still love it.

Last edited:
Thanks for the review GB. Unfortunately my son suffers from hyper-sensitive hearing, so he can't handle the loudness of the movie theaters, but it is definitely on my list of rentals. The previews look fantastic.

Yes rent it by all means. You won't miss anything by not seeing it in the theater. It is a wonderful movie.

GB, thanks so glad you saw it and liked it. A reviewer once said, the kind of movie you want to see over and over. So thankful you did like it. I like movies that make me feel better and no profanity or killing. To me personally, we have too much of it going on in real life much less pay to see it. Don't you feel it was time well spent? Thanks for sharing.

Back
Top Bottom