Plans for the weekend?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

corazon

Executive Chef
Native New Mexican, now live in Bellingham, WA
chit-chat thread
We don't have a whole lot going on this weekend. dh is taking Aidan to a movie this afternoon, while I take Callum to his dr. appt. He has to get 4 more shots. :doh:
Tomorrow, I have a class in the morning. Weather is going to be gorgeous, or so I'm told. I'm going to say I'll be home getting a big dinner ready but we will probably play in the sun all day.
Sunday will be an easy, hopefully lazy, day at home.

What are your plans?

Weather is not supposed to be that good for us this weekend. It will probably be 50's and rainy. On the off chance that we actually get some nice weather then I will do some prep work in the garden.

I should also do some cloths shopping, but I hate doing that. I could use a new dress shirt and tie as I have a few affairs coming up in the next few weeks. I also need some more cloths for work. I seem to do the same thing every time I need cloths. I go out and buy a bunch all at the same time. Then of course they all need to be replaced at the same time. I should really learn to stagger it better :LOL:

Supposed to be rainy here too, on and off. Need to do some more garden cleanup to get ready to plant something.

I also may have to do some work this weekend, but after checking email at work, no assignment yet.

Have to go buy daughter a children's book in Spanish so she can do a book report on it - in Spanish. For Monday.

Daughter's lacrosse game on Sunday, if the weather cooperates.

Going to a school play my grandson is in tonight and then to a nice dinner. Resting from our little trip and catching up with house work, laundry and such. It's so nice to home and sleeping in my own bed again. And of course, visiting with my pals on DC.

Nothing going on tomorrow, dh works. Sunday, we may take the boat out and fish. It will depend on the wind and if we find a boat ramp that is open, since we are still over 4' low.

I have the same plans as GB actually. Weather is suppose to be rainy this weekend, and so I will get in some gardening when I can and do some clothes shopping. I'll cook dinner both days but nothing planned yet.

Wish we would get some rain...there's a chance in the forecast, so I'm keeping my finger crossed.
HB is working tomorrow, but he's off Sunday, so at least he'll get one day of rest...sorta. We have a date Saturday night, and he's going to do our weekly shopping Sunday morning. For a man who hates to shop, he's become a pretty good shopper. All I have to do is make him an explicit list, with items listed in the order one would find them when going through the aisles. (my mom taught me that trick)

Last edited:
Tomorrow, a trip to the nursery, plants for front porch and patio, plus I want to get some basil and parsley going in a large tub.Grocery shopping and sunday the family dinner..
am looking forward to kids, kids and ice tea:LOL: plus a pretty front porch again...

kadesma:)

looks like a lot of gardening planned. That sounds nice. We are in the process of re-landscaping outside. We cut down a bunch of trees, took all the stumps out and flattened the ground. Next is top soil, then we will hydroseed grass and plant bamboo on our property line. I think in front of the bamboo will be a long flower bed. No gardening for me until next year. Besides, I have a black thumb.

corazon90 said:
looks like a lot of gardening planned. That sounds nice. We are in the process of re-landscaping outside. We cut down a bunch of trees, took all the stumps out and flattened the ground. Next is top soil, then we will hydroseed grass and plant bamboo on our property line. I think in front of the bamboo will be a long flower bed. No gardening for me until next year. Besides, I have a black thumb.
You too Cora, I don't let Ari, my oldest any where near my plants, all she has to do is look at em and they keel over:ROFLMAO: Are you going to put the bamboo into a container? My dad planted some and before you know it it had taken over half the back yard!!!

I still have paint cans calling my name, but can't get motivated. Would like to clean out the closets & see what's in there :LOL: Car needs to be smogged. OY! Would rather go to BB&B & Macy*s. Probably will be doing this

& watching TNT - cuz "they know drama." :LOL:

mish said:
I still have paint cans calling my name, but can't get motivated. Would like to clean out the closets & see what's in there :LOL: Car needs to be smogged. OY! Would rather go to BB&B & Macy*s. Probably will be doing this

& watching TNT - cuz "they know drama." :LOL:
Move over Mish, that looks like a great idea:LOL:

kadesma:LOL:

kadesma said:
You too Cora, I don't let Ari, my oldest any where near my plants, all she has to do is look at em and they keel over:ROFLMAO: Are you going to put the bamboo into a container? My dad planted some and before you know it it had taken over half the back yard!!!

Bamboo can spread fast! We've been doing our research, and will be putting in a strong plastic barrier to keep it where we want it. It will look almost like a fence. Doesn't that sound nice? A long line of bamboo with a flower garden in front of it, and a beautiful lawn?

corazon90 said:
Bamboo can spread fast! We've been doing our research, and will be putting in a strong plastic barrier to keep it where we want it. It will look almost like a fence. Doesn't that sound nice? A long line of bamboo with a flower garden in front of it, and a beautiful lawn?
Cora,
it sounds lovely. Bamboo is beautiful alone, imagine it with colorful flowers and green lawn..Paradise:) You will spend many hours enjoying your yard..the kids will love it.

i have to study, clean, tighten up my packing for inpatient, roast a duckling & carve & freeze it, get some food ready to give away, that's what i have to do for now.

mish said:

KITTY!!!!!!!!!!! that is so cute! that pepsi needs to be a bottle of whiskey, though, & kitty needs to be wearing a stained undershirt. i love that one, awwwww.

DH and I have been painting, hanging new kitchen cupboards and rearranging the stuff in the cupboards...did I mention painting?????

Tried to make sense out of balancing the checkbook - no luck - to be continued

Ferried daughter and friend to Uno's for lunch and back

HH sorted out all his movies in the basement and did the laundry

Paid bills

Looked at work assignments - groaned - downloaded files but decided to put them off until tomorrow

Oh yeah - went back to Curves this morning for a long-overdue visit and actually felt pretty chipper coming out of there.

That's it so far.

Back
Top Bottom