Playstation 3

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GB

Chief Eating Officer
Does anyone here own one? What information can you share for someone who has not touched a video game console (aside the Wii) since the Atari 2600? What do I need to know about the PS3?

Can't help you re the PS3... but I noticed a nifty toy the other day...

The classic Atari system re-released, pre-loaded with 35 or so of the most
popular games! Only $35, I almost got one.

I saw something like that a while ago GF. It was the classic Atari controller without the console. The controller was actually the console with all the games preloaded. Very cool!

Does anyone here own one? What information can you share for someone who has not touched a video game console (aside the Wii) since the Atari 2600? What do I need to know about the PS3?

It's considered the best blue ray player available.

I knew it has a blu ray player, but I did not realize it was considered the best. I suppose I am not surprised by that as it is a Sony product. Good to know. Thanks Andy.

Well, we have the PS2 and I love it. I know you can play all the PS2 games on the PS3 and the Blu Ray is supposed to be amazing. We haven't joined the digital TV age yet so it doesn't make any difference to us at the moment. As much as we love the PS2 I know that when it starts to die we will be buying the PS3.

If you want game suggestions I'm all over it for you! ;)

Ok then. Keep in mind these are PS2 games, the latest editions will be out on PS3 though.

Ratchet and Clank - Loved all of them. Secret Agent Clank frustrates me a bit but the others rock. I think Up Your Arsenal and Going Commando are my two faves there.

Jak and Daxter - the first one is kid friendly the others are a bit darker. Jak 2 made Ken's brain bleed a bit but I really liked it. Jak 3 is HARD but good.

Spongebob Lights Camera Pants is a great 4 player game that we all laugh our butts off playing. There are some of the games the girls kick my butt at, and some that I ROCK their world to. Mwa ha ha ha ha!

War crap (can you tell I don't like these?)

Ken plays these

Medal of Honor, all of them but Ken's favorite is European Assault.

Call of Duty, all these are great

Brothers in Arms is not that good.

Splinter Cell is more stealthy action, not shoot 'em up. Ken says it can be frustrating.

He has God of War and God of War 2. He is stuck in God of War 2 though.

The girls are Guitar Hero freaks. HIGHLY recommend the Guitar Hero World tour with all the instruments. We actually had the RCMP visit us in Panorama because we were rocking it out too loud. (oops!)

We also like Sing Star. Rachel will LOVE both Sing Star disney and Pop versions. I'm hooked on the 80's version myself. If they ever come out with a Bryan Adams version I will be first in line!

Girls also recommend DDR (Dance Dance Revolution) and for Rachel there is a High School Musical version. I SUCK at DDR. My girls have been dancing since they were 2 and 3 though so their sense of rhythm and timing kicks mine in the butt. LOL.

GB, I seem to remember that PS3 WAS NOT compatible with earlier games. A quick search online seems to show that some models are, some aren't, so if this is important, you might want to check into it a bit more.

Thanks GF. Yeah I think I read that somewhere in my travels as well. That will not be an issue for me as I have no PS games already.

lol. Just lol. Not related, but I just bought my daughter a DSi, and thank goodness for nintendo support! :cool:

OK you PS pros. To charge my wireless controller, can I plug it into a usb port on my computer or does it have to be charged through the console?

Back
Top Bottom