Please help me with a stray cat dilemma

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I would have her spayed. I don't want to seem harsh, but the shelters I have been to are over crowded (sp) with cats and kittens looking for homes. Do what you have to do, you'll know in your heart what's right for you.

I completely agree. and I don't think I'm being "cruel," just practical.

Just thought I'd give a quick update.

Brought her in this morning only to recieve a call 15 minutes later to let me know that not only is Ebony a male, but he's already neutered....

Only me...

hohohohohoh :LOL:

so are you going to keep him? I know Julia would never tolerate another cat in the house, but many other cats are not quite so territorial.

Don't worry, jen. Buck and I were snuckered a time or two when it came to sexing kittens. That's why our shop kitty, Julie, really should be called Julius and why our outside twins, Thelma and Louise, became Thelma and Luis.

When I was a little girl and my dad was doing his medical internship we had an orange Persian kitty we called Mitzi. One day Daddy decided he was going to take her to the med school to spay her. Just as he was about to pack her up and go he noticed s(he) had "jewels." Good thing he didn't follow through because all the other interns would've surely had a field day with his "mistake."

Last edited:
I wouldn't hesitate one moment to spay even if she was preggers..........we had that dilemma, too, after taking care of one litter and trying to find good homes for the 3 of them........Mama Cat was in NO hurry to wean them, either.........finally had to separate her from the 3 kittens and get them used to kitten food..........vet said to do so.........we kept the male and 5 years later she still treats him like Everybody Loves Raymond.......what a Mama's boy............she still hugs him and licks him.........yes, they are both fixed........we thought she might be pregnant, too, but she wasn't........

Ya, everyone at work thought it was hilarious. They said only something like this could happen to you. I'm glad it turned out this way though. I'm going to take him to my regular vet in April when I have a day off of work I'm taking for another Drs appointment. Anyway... here's the infamous Ebony lol...

Attachments

• Picture 004.jpg
    Picture 004.jpg
    119.1 KB · Views: 153
Ya, everyone at work thought it was hilarious. They said only something like this could happen to you. I'm glad it turned out this way though. I'm going to take him to my regular vet in April when I have a day off of work I'm taking for another Drs appointment. Anyway... here's the infamous Ebony lol...

WOW! What a beautiful kitty! You have a real treasure. Enjoy.

What a beautiful cat! LOL at the gender mix up. As others have said, I've done it myself, and needed to get creative on the name change. At least you chose a non-gender specific name!

Back
Top Bottom