Please Pray for My "Mom Away from Home"--Update

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thank you all for your prayers, and Maxine added her thank you's also.

I just talked to Maxine on the phone. She is home from the hospital now. She said paramedics have been called out 4 times and they took her to the hospital twice. She had a kidney infection and pneumonia. Remember, she is allergic to most antibiotics, so they probably had a time with that. She is still weak. She said she didn't know pneumonia would affect someone so badly. She was able to go to Columbia with her son and daughter-in-law today, for her great-granddaughter's first birthday. She said she loses weight every time she is sick and doesn't have much appetite anymore, but over-all she is doing well and she is in great spirits. She said she has really been wanting to talk to me lately. I can't wait to be able to go down and spend some time with her. Oh yes, I was wrong about her age. :blush:She just turned 86.

:)Barbara

Thanks middie! You would love Maxine. You and she have a lot in common (you're both spunky!), and you could see eye-to-eye, being petite like she is. :cool:

Thank you Dina!

She was so funny tonight! She got after me for buying her a birthday gift every year. I said, "I don't care. I'm going to keep doing it!" She's a nut, and I love her!

Looks like I came into this thread at the "good" end of it!! Glad to hear that Maxine is out of hospital. Pneumonia is amazing cos you can feel so normal but just can't do anything cos you have no oxygen. The weirdest sensation I remember from having pneumonia was after going to the x-ray clinic, mum took me with her to the shops just for some groceries - i mean, I looked okay and was walking - but get me into the airconditioned shopping centre and the lack of oxygen in the air nearly knocked me down!! I was about 26 at the time so multiply my feelings into an 86 year old and you realise just how terrible it must be for her. Glad she is on her feet again Barbara.

Hope all goes well and you get to visit with her - That will brighten her day and bring her comfort - Praying for her and you as well.

Barbara, I'm so glad your friend is home now and seems to be recovering. She sounds delightful. 86 is quite an accomplishment - just imagine the things she's seen in her lifetime! It must be fascinating visiting with her. I hope her recovery is complete soon and your friend will be with you for many more years.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom