Plumbing problem?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dawgluver

Chef Extraordinaire
Not sure if this would belong in Pet Stories.

I was about to chastise DH for not flushing the toilet, when suddenly, the floating thing in it started to climb up the side of the bowl! We had a frog about the size of an Oreo in our toilet! I told DH to rescue it, but oh, no, he REALLY had to get to work, and out the door he went. Lucky for him, he came back in with a rubber glove. Unfortunately for the frog, it swam a lap around the bowl, then disappeared down the hole. DH disappeared too.

I was going to leave the lid down, and rescue it later, but had to leave for work myself. Against my better judgment, I flushed it.

RIP, frog.

I have heard stories of snakes and rats coming up through the sewer system, but a frog? We have a septic tank. Anyone else ever had something like this happen?

Last edited:
pacanis said:
OK. I'll say it.

EWW!

That'll teach Kermit.

Actually, it was a very pretty frog, I hated to send it to its demise. Hopefully no more froglets are waiting to emerge from the commode. I have no problem with amphibians and reptiles, but prefer them in their natural habitats.

Last edited:
Andy M. said:
Don't be too grossed out. Think about what the frog has to deal with...:ohmy::ohmy:

Excellent point, Andy. Still feel bad for the frog....

I have heard stories of snakes and rats coming up through the sewer system, but a frog? We have a septic tank. Anyone else ever had something like this happen?

With a septic system, I'd be concerned about how the frog got into the drain line from the toilet, (if that is how it got there). It may have just gotten into the house somehow and found the water. Frogs are good at that.

If there is a washout into your septic, it could cause problems for you in a number of ways. You might want to check the area around your main septic tank and grey water tank for any obvious low spots.

Be careful. Probe with a stick, not your foot.

Thanks, Timothy! I don't think it's a problem with the septic. Hopefully Kermit came in through the door.

I had a cocker one time who gently carried a toad inside in his mouth, then let it go. He apparently wanted a pet.

Thanks, Timothy! I don't think it's a problem with the septic. Hopefully Kermit came in through the door.

I had a cocker one time who gently carried a toad inside in his mouth, then let it go. He apparently wanted a pet.
Ha! My cat Dinky carries in lizards to play with. I catch him with one in his mouth every-so-often, tail just sticking out and wiggling. I always make him release them, but their little minds are never the same afterwards. They kind of just stand there, silently screaming in their little lizard heads until I put them back outside.

Sir_Loin_of_Beef said:
You should have kissed it, just to see if it turned into a handsome prince.

Except it had been swimming around in the toilet....

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom