Positive thoughts and prayers please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thoughts and prayers with you, Kyles! My youngest daughter was diagnosed with mono this past March - she didn't have the severe symptoms you sometimes hear about, although she did not have as much energy as usual. She was doing so poorly in school already - I was so worried that the mono would mean that she just wouldn't pass at all (the no energy meant even less energy than usual for homework and studying). Mono is much more common than most people realize - I've read that more than 90% of the population (west) has had it, and most didn't realize. Take your vitamins and get lots of rest!

(((((Kyles))))I hope you're feeling better soon- LOTS of LOVE and ENERGY to you,Vicki

kyles

I am really sorry that you are sick and I know God will be watching over you as you get better.

I hope you blood tests are positive and you must think positive.

kyles said:
I live in a small village here, and thought I wasn't that well known, but three people rang me after seeing me walk out of the doctors surgery to make sure I'm ok.

I tend to find this admirable instead of nosy most of the time. Would that we all lived as if we were in small villages again. Sorry about the rash, gf.

Hope everything goes OK Kyles, you need some vegemite toast and a soft boiled egg to help you feel better! (Did your mum make that for you when you were sick when you were little? Mine did) glad you have people to help there, its awful being ill and a long way from family. Take care:)

sorry to hear it kyles.

umm, ya know, those british doctors are some of the finest in the world... :blush: :)

i hope they'll have you feeling better soon.

a cool thing about the mono blood test is that they'll not only be able to tell if you have it now, but if not, they can also tell you if you've had it in the past few years, or even a long time ago.

{{{{{kyles}}}}}

I just read this post for the first time! I do hope the doctor's find out what's wrong and get RID of it!!!! You will be in my thoughts and prayers!

Colin - you take good care of our girl!!!!

Hope to be hearing from you VERY soon! Prayers, good thoughts, virtual hugs and chicken soup coming your way!

I want to add my good wishes for a speedy recovery. I had mono and know how wiped out one feels. Take really good care of yourself and hope you are well shortly. I hadn't heard of a rash with it, though.

Kyles we will keep you in our prayers, I am sorry to hear you aren't feeling well. As far as family goes you are part of our family so I hope you understand family is a keyboard away. Hugs and Love Maidrite ! :flowers:

Little update, no news on the test yet. The rash has just about gone. It must have been some sort heat rash from the fever, because now, I'm peeling! I look like I've been on holiday somewhere nice and forgotton to take the suncream.

I'm feeling a lot better, just very tired, no stamina and lots of muscular aches and pains. Col has taken some time off, and is trying his best to cook... he can't bring himself to get the vegemite out!

Kyles,
You have my prayers. Heal up first then worry about work. Your health is more important now.

kyles said:
Little update, no news on the test yet. The rash has just about gone. It must have been some sort heat rash from the fever, because now, I'm peeling! I look like I've been on holiday somewhere nice and forgotton to take the suncream.

I'm feeling a lot better, just very tired, no stamina and lots of muscular aches and pains. Col has taken some time off, and is trying his best to cook... he can't bring himself to get the vegemite out!

Kyles - the lady I work for had the exact same thing - on her legs mostly - it peeled just like yours is doing!!!!! She thinks hers was a reaction to some meds she was taking but now I can't remember what she said.

Colin is a GOOD MAN to not bring out the Vegemite!!!!!! Though I will say the Vegemite Crackers tasted a little like our Chicken In A Bisket crackers - a little - but about the 3rd cracker they took a turn for the worse!!!! I couldn't even get down the spreadable Vegemite!

Thanks for taking care of Kyles {{{{{{Colin}}}}}}.

Hey, I posted virtual hugs here yesterday and the post is gone........ hmmmm...
Well, then, more hugs to you and Colin. Your wonderfully optimistic attitude is amazing thru this whole thing! Again, you are an inspiration to us all.
Get well soon, my friend!

Hey everyone, it's NOT mono!!!!! Thanks for the prayers and thoughts, you guys are powerful!!!

I ate today!!! Col and I cooked steak and vegetables. I think with not eating for the past week and a half, my body craved iron, so we had huge steaks, tomatoes, asparagus and boiled potatoes.

I go back to the doctors tomorrow, and I'm going to work towards getting back to work on Monday, but if it takes longer that's ok too.

Back
Top Bottom