Possible Sriracha shortage

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I read about that. Apparently production is over for the season, so there should be no shortages for the time being. I can sure understand not wanting to breathe that stuff.

Sriracha shortage?

tumblr_inline_mrqh76Q4mv1qz4rgp.jpg

I have never tried it. Seems its very popular. I have been seeing it in stores for years and never thought twice about it.
Now I hear about it all the time. Whats the hooplah all about?

For the record i buy Franks hot sauce. Two big bottles at a time at Costco.

I first heard about Sriracha hot sauce right here at Discuss Cooking a couple of years ago, now it's the only hot sauce I use.

Living where I do, I think I've tried every other hot sauce there is and nothing really did it for me until Sriracha.

Those weenie people in Rosemead Ca. had just better stop complaining and get some gas masks because there will be a revolt if us hot heads can't have it. :furious: :LOL:

We buy really big bottles at the Asian market and plow right through them

It's like crack.

We have a gazillion hot sauces in the house, including many that I've made myself.

But Sriracha is second best only to GOCHUJANG

I love Sriracha, but I don't think it's as popular in this part of the country as it is elsewhere. Or at least the shortage doesn't seem to be affecting us. The store shelves were well stocked tonight when I went shopping and so I bought a couple of bottles.

Last edited:
We are going to Costco in the morning so I will grab another few bottles. I need it for about half my repertoire including my hot wings and pad Thai!

I used to love some heat with my foods. But over the years I have gotten away from it and now never touch the stuff. My stomach cannot tolerate it at all. No matter how much I try to eat it. :angel:

I love Sriracha, but I don't think it's as popular in this part of the country as it is elsewhere. Or at least the shortage doesn't seem to be affecting us. The store shelves were well stocked tonight when I went shopping and so I bought a couple of bottles.

As I mentioned earlier, production is over for the year, so there isn't a current shortage. There was a warning about a future shortage if the factory can't reopen.

ETA: Apparently there's a new problem: http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way...acha-maker-told-to-hold-its-sauce-for-30-days

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom