Post Op

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chief Longwind Of The North

Certified/Certifiable
Thought I already posted thhis, but.
Jut got done with surgery for a nrw fistlula. Still grogy from.anesthesia. M mouth tasted like an army platoon jut mar ed avcross my tongue with muddy boots. Ice water helps, but yave to sip it slowly to avoud nausia. I feel slightly light hraded
The pressur cuff for blood pressure is painfully tight when it inflates
I'll be glad when I can rat something, and when I can go home. Tjete is no numbnesd in my right hand from.the new fistula. That's a good thing. I'll be glad when I feel normal again, and have some food.in me. I think I'm going to rest now. Seeeeya; Chiwf Longwind if yhe North..

Hang in there Chief! This new one should help - once all is settled in.

Dragonettes are being sent as we speak to chase off all those army boots.

Thanks Dragon. I just realized how much I enjoy ice. For most of mi life, when getting soda pop from a dispensing machine, it was sans ice. I figured, why purchase water in the form of ice when the pop was ice cold any way. Now, I love thimble sized ice chunks in my cup. They refresh, and cleanse my mouth without filling me full of sugar, and CO2. I don' feel bloated, or stuffed like I do after drnking pop. A little flavoring on the ice can be good. Do you enjoy ice?

Seeeeya; Chief Logwind of the North

99% of the time I do enjoy ice. I prefer small pieces to melt faster. Yes, I know it dilutes but that is perfectly fine with me!

If I'm really thirsty I've gulped it down before it can melt anyhow. And yes, I also understand at the moment you are just refreshing your mouth.

Feel better soon and don't chase and give those nurses a hard time, or at least not too hard of a time. Gotta keep'em on their toes! :angel:

On the bright side [emoji364], you woke up from the surgery! Yay! [emoji16]

I've had quite a few surgeries, so I know what you mean. The anesthesia does dry out your mouth. And yes, I find ice is nice and soothing when I'm thirsty with a sticky mouth.

I hope they bring you some food soon. A good friend of mine who doesn't cook much used to bring me chicken noodle soup from Panera when she visited me after surgery. I hope you get something equally delicious [emoji39]

Take care [emoji3590]

Here's to a speedy recovery.

I use lots if ice. I'll put it in my drinks, finish my drinks and then just sit and eat the ice. Not too much crunching it though. Hard on the teeth.

Thanks everyone. It's now Wednsday morning. I'm feeling much better. After getting home, I went straight to bed, and stayed there, keeping my arm straight. I'd had a plain burger patty with n bun, and some chicken soup at the hospital. That helped tremendously as well. The only problem I had was s very brief bout of dry heaves. No issurs after that. I'll be hungary after dyalisis today.

Seeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Back
Top Bottom