Prayer Please, I am coming to the end of my rope!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Laurie, you have become an expert at listening to your own body. Thank goodness, it made itself heard. Sounds like there is lots of reason for optimism, and that things will only get better!

Thanks, Glorie and Karen. I know there is a ways to go, but it does feel good that this was caught in time and that yes, I do know what is going on and what to do.

I hope all is alright, even though I do not know you (I'm new). I've had similar cases happen to me, but not as extreme... I'm sure the doctors have told you this by now, but you probably should avoid major exercising that puts strain on your knees. Just lightly stretch your legs when they hurt and take it easy, you know? If you go to the gym, don't use the bicycle or even the treadmill - go for a less pressuring equipment such as the elliptical machine.

I hope you're doing well and there is no real harsh damage...

Thank you xmemex, I really appreciate your concern. And new or not you are part of the DC family now....welcome!!!!

Hello there, LP! I know you're still going through a lot, but I'm relieved that the Dr. found it early. Take care of yourself. Enjoy more music, books and this wonderful site. With so many friends on here, you're bound to warm your heart, which might speed things up! Huggggggggggs to you!

(((((Laurie))))), of course you have my prayers--you have had them for a long time. I am worried about you. I have been telling you to take care of your leg.

Thanks, Susan. I have been taking care of it. This clot was not because of anything I did or didn't do, and because I noticed the symptoms quickly and sought immediate help I actually saved my leg from worse damage. I appreciate your prayers.

Laurie, I am so glad you are paying attention to the signals your body is sending you.

More people would be a lot healthier if they did that!

Meanwhile, of course you are in my prayers, but here's a rec in case you haven't seen this flic for a dvd that will have you laughing and crying at the same time...Tyler Perry's "Why Did I Get Married!"

Laurie, so glad to hear you averted a major setback by going in so quickly. I know you are doing all the right things. Soon you'll be back up and going again. My mom had her knee replaced and while she didn't have some of the complications you've had, it still took her over a year to get things back to normal and be able to do things without thinking about her knee. I'm glad you have a caring husband and friends close by to help you as well as all of here in cyberspace to keep your spirits up. That's a very important part of healing.

PAdams, I am so sorry to hear of your back problems. I have a triple fracture in my lumbar region from an accident 18 years ago. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Thanks you June, Jabbur and everyone.

I have learned a lot about my body through this whole ordeal and that is a very positive outcome.

Good News! Last night when Tony removed the stocking and massaged my leg it was less swollen and the circulation was better. Then, when he did it again today it was even better and the pain is getting under control. I am still not there yet but this is really lifting me up big time!

Laurie- I haven't been on in a couple of days so I'm just reading about your troubles. I very sorry that your going through all this. Make sure you listen to the dr. rest and keep a close eye on things as you already know early detection that something is wrong is usually the key. Stay strong, keep the faith and know I'm thinking about you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom