Prayers?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

suziquzie

Chef Extraordinaire
I don't usually do this sort of thing and I feel pretty silly asking from strangers.

Just found out my DH's grandmother had a massive stroke this morning, my MIL and her brother have to make the decision weather to keep her on a feeding tube, or let her go. Grandmother in law and her son are both in Kentucky, my MIL and of course DH are here in MN. My husband may leave with his Mom tomorrow to drive her down to Paducah and help her out.

This is another very difficult loss for us in a string of many. We are just recovering from the loss of my husband's Dad, sister (my best friend) and other Grandmother all within 4 months of 2003. The man is a rock, I don't know how he manages to breathe in and out with a smile on his face every day. Please keep him and his family in your Prayers?
Thank you
Suzi

All the prayers and good thoughts I have are being sent..Stay strong.

kadesma

I'm praying for all of you. Please never ever hesitate to ask for prayers. It got me through quite a few times myself.

Thanks everyone. I just hope she's not hurting at all. She's a tough one but I'd hate to think she's in pain.

Hugs and prayers going out to everyone suzi! We are much stronger than we think we are. I will be thinking of you!

Oh, suzi. You definitely have my prayers.

Do you know if she's in Lourdes or Western Baptist Hospital? I'm VERY familiar with Paducah. It's a good city and I hope your husband and his mother have a place to stay. You'll all be close in my thoughts.

Thanks Katie, I'm not sure. I've only been there once, all I remember is we stayed in a Ramada Suites close to the first Super WalMart I ever saw!!! :) And we waited about 2 hours for a table at Outback... DH and I were drunk by the time we sat down and couldn't eat!!! That was almost 10 years ago.
Thanks again, that memory just made me smile. That was the last road trip DH and I took (to see Grandma) before we had kids.

No strangers here, Suzi. I'm glad you asked--I know that it has gotten me through a lot of things.

I am praying for your husband, his grandmother, and the family. I know that this is a trying time for you all.

:flowers:Barbara

Suzi I know how tough this is on your family You have my prayers and good thoughts
tonight. I in the last 4 months I have lost a wife and two of my best friends. May G D grant you and your peace.

You are not asking strangers here but friends who care.
Reading the posts it is clear that very many DC'ers have experienced pain and loss and this lends extra poignancy to all the prayers and good wishes to which mine are also added.

none of us are in this alone, squzie, and we all go back to being one.

but before then, another prayer's being sent.

Thanks everyone really.
They made it to Kentucky last night, she is being moved to a private room and is just getting meds for comfort. Hopefully it wont be a long time, I'd hate to imagine her sitting there thinking about what is happening to her for days.
Meanwhile being alone with 3 kids for a week will keep me from sitting and thinking too much!

Back
Top Bottom