Prayers Please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Middie, I'm so, so sorry. You and your sister have had so much sadness this year. I'll keep your entire family in my prayers. {{hugs}}

((((Middie))))

What a sad news, I am so sorry for your sister and the whole family... my thoughts are with you guys...

i'm so sorry to hear about your sister's loss. i'm sure you're a wonderful support for her, though.

Middie, my heart goes out to you and your sister for having a time of joy turn suddenly into a time of tears in this way! May the spirit of Christmas help heal your sorrow.

I just read this. Im SO sorry Middie! :cry: What happened?
If you dont or cant tell us I understand. Im just so very sorry.
You have had such a hard year. :( PLEASE know that my heart is with you.

Im at a loss of words here. Here I am complaining about my fat thighs, and YOU are going through THIS. :cry:
All my hopes. If its alright I want to pray for you and your familys comfort. I wish I can comfort you more. :neutral:

We too will keep your sister and her family in our prayers and intentions.

img_374882_0_828382c27b63bff067e633a198218f00.gif

Thank you everyone from the bottom of my heart. This will mean so much to Jamie and the girls after everything is "said and done". I'll keep you guys updated as to how she's doing. As you all can imagine right now she's still a wreck.

middie said:
Thank you everyone from the bottom of my heart. This will mean so much to Jamie and the girls after everything is "said and done". I'll keep you guys updated as to how she's doing. As you all can imagine right now she's still a wreck.

Middie, how old are the girls? Your sister is so young as it is. May I ask what happened to your brother in law at such a young age? ( assuming he was around the same age as your sister). What a difficult time for your sister Jamie. I cannot imagine losing a spouse at her age and having little ones.

Middie - I feel horrible for having missed this. Prayers are going out for your sister and her children. I'm so sorry Middie. Prayers to ALL of you sweetie.

I haven't been on much and today I just started catching up on some older post and I just saw this.

I am so very, very sorry for your loss Middie. You and your family are definetely in my prayers.

Well Kieristian is 8 and Skyler just turned 7. Jamie is 28. Rick was 38. They were married for the last 6 1/2 years. The girls aren't his biologically but they've been with him almost there whole lives. Rick has 3 kids from a previous relationship also. Little Ricky is around 8. Harmony is also around 7 and Anthony I think is 11. We still don't know what happened. All I know is my sister left for work and Rick was sleeping on the couch. She came home from work around 7:30ish and found him on the couch in the same position as when she had left. We're thinking it's medical malpractice. Long story short... Rick had knee surgery and suffered extreme nerve damage. So the doctors put some device right next to his spine to kill the pain from his nerves. Well a couple days before he died he went to the doctor for a follow up and the battery pack was leaking. From what I understand the doctor wanted to wait until after the holidays to do anything about it. If that's the case my sister will be set financially for life but it won't bring Rick back. As soon as we get the autopsy reports I'll let you know what they said. Thanks again everyone.

Oh Middie, fortunately you have such a large family. I hope the children are doing as well as possible.

Since it was an 'unattended' death, I assume the police were involved and the medical examiner is doing their job. Don't let them quit until you feel comfortable with the answers they come up with.

If the family is not satisfied with the 1st ME, don't hesitate to call in another one even if it involves moving the body. It may cost but you need to know what happened. If they both concur, then you can accept the answer.

Life is not like the tv programs where everyone is giving many days of work to definately solve the case.

If this is too much Mods, let me know. I'm a retired Funeral Director and Forensic Investigator.

Plus, if you are going in the direction of malpractice, all the information (from 2 MEs especially will help your case - if indeed the drs failed). Demand every record from the police, ME and hospital.

No one tries to cover up but sometimes mistakes are made or info is overlooked. We are all human. Since the body has been interned, another ME can still check all the info and perhaps a 2nd ME would see things that the 1st one missed.

Last edited:
Just read this today. I'm so very sorry for your and your sister's loss. I pray that she will find the comfort and strength she needs. Be there for her, and for the rest of the family. especially during the holiday season, this is tough. And future holidays may beaffected by this as well. It is so important to not let that happen. That is why family is so important, in spite of what society is trying to do to it.

Your DC family is here for you as well.

Seeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Okay guys. Quick update. Rick had a massive heart attack caused by hadening of his atteries that nobody knew about. Jamie's better but still having a very rough time as she will for quite awhile I imagine.
Today was his memorial service (he was cremated). I'm home right now
but will be going back to my sister's here in a bit. I'll be staying with her probably until Thursay night since I have to go back to work Friday.

Again I want to thank you all from the bottom of my heart for all of your thoughts and prayers. It truly means alot to me.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom