Price of cigarettes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JoAnn L.

Master Chef
I was in the grocery store this morning looking for onions ( for some reason the regular 3 pound bag was $3.99 and the Organic ones were only $2.50 for a 3 pound bag). Well, anyway a man in line was buying a "pack" of Camel cigarettes and the clerk said that will be $5.05. After he left I ask her if I had heard right, she said, yes that was right. I knew they had raised the tax on them here but I didn't know they were that high. Thank goodness neither my dh or I smoke. What is the price were you live?

it`s roughly £4.80 for a pack of 20 here, that`s approx $8.

you`re paying there, even at that price, Black Market prices here!

$3.50 to $4.50 in the MD and PA areas I live and work in, a little less in Delaware. NJ is high...$6.00+ yeh, I'm glad I put my money elsewhere.

About $40-$50 a carton - & the supermarket keeps them under lock & key. I order on line, but first they stopped shipping to N.Y., then many places stopped shipping to L.A. It's a matter of time until I won't be able to get a break anywhere.

Not sure of the price of cigarettes as I don't smoke and my partner rolls his own. A 25 gramme packet of Golden Virginia costs him €2.10, at today's exchange rate that's $2.79 or 1 pound 43 pence in British money. There's no discount for buying 50 gramme packets. Ridiculously cheap. I wish it were a lot more so that he'd be concerned about the short-term financial cost as he pretty well ignores the long-term health cost.

I think its about $10 a pack here or $80/carton. Not totally sure though as I don't smoke, and boy am I glad I never started when I see those prices!

Smokes are high here in Illinois, too. A carton of my Carltons is about $45. DH smokes Marlboros, and they're a little cheaper. I think all of them run close to $5 when you buy by the pack.
I did sign up on line for coupons, and those help a lot. When we go to Paducah, we always get several cartons, as Kentucky is cheaper than we are.

I've never tried ordering them online...I'll have to check it out. It's probably illegal in Illinois...everything else is.

mish said:
About $40-$50 a carton - & the supermarket keeps them under lock & key. I order on line, but first they stopped shipping to N.Y., then many places stopped shipping to L.A. It's a matter of time until I won't be able to get a break anywhere.

Miss Mish..

There is always Skoal, Copenhagen, Red Man, Blood Hound and others for the most discriminating of palates:ermm: ...Then of course if none of these are to your liking, there is always Kentucky Bourbon to calm ones nerves.:mellow:

:whistling

That is really a lot of money for cigarettes and I am so glad that I quit 4 years ago.

I hope the tax on cigarettes go for a good cause.

middie said:
They're around 3.89 a pack here. But after you pay the tax on them they can cost you as much as 4.50.

This is totally off topic, but I just saw Middie's post count after reading this - 12,999!!

Midde, one more and you have 13,000 posts!

John

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom