Prison Blues

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chef Munky

Honey Badger
This article is making it's way around the news agencies.
My Way News - Prison blues: States slimming down inmate meals

Are we the honest, hard working, family oriented people supposed to feel sorry for these people? Personally I don't,doubt I ever will.
They worry about their reduced meals that we pay for? In the real world honest hard working people are losing their homes,jobs,kids are uprooted.Family's are struggling to make ends meet,going hungry doing it.
But the inmates and their family's are crying foul!!! ??

[FONT=Verdana,Sans-serif] Barbara Helie, whose 25-year-old son Nicholas is serving time for armed robbery in Valdosta State Prison, said he would go hungry without the roughly $60 a week she puts into his account to buy instant soups, cheese, beef sticks and other snacks at the prison commissary.
"I don't know how the guys who don't have someone on the outside helping out handle it," Helie said. "Food has been an ongoing issue for him ... He's hungry a lot."

That's really just too bad, Jr made his bed,let him sleep in it.That's free to!
They didn't even mention in that article what the C/O's have been asked to sacrifice in pay reduction and health benefits.Trust me it's a lot,and they want more.
I'm off the soap box now..

Munky.

[/FONT]

in calif. the judge can in sentencing put a dollar amount prisoner must pay for room and board. doubt the inmates pay enough to cover it, but there is something paid.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom