Public profile

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Barb L.

Master Chef
Sometimes I wish members would put a little more info for us -- there are times I don't even know if Iam talking to a male or female. Age would help too, but not necessary, still nice to know -17 or 70 . Thanks for listening , Barb L.

Barb...

I so agree with you! Might I add location...as in state or country..Some do some don't...and the male/female thing I totally agree!!

One With The Force We Are...

Uncle Bob...
Central Mississippi
Red Blooded American Male
Age...Over 17 Less than 70:LOL:

Personally, although I am quite relaxed here among friends I am really aware of how public we are....sometimes I feel I have said too much. My recent ID fraud (which was confirmed as being through another forum I am a member of) reaffirmed this to me. Whilst I have no secrets among friends, its the others I worry about....DH has even suggestted I removed one of my locations from my profile...but I feel that doesn't give ppeople I haven't "met" enough to go on....anyway, I am female, in my twenties and live in Europe but was brought up and have close family pretty much throughout the world....so covers pretty much all bases huh!

Barb,
we discussed this not so long ago, there are things I often will tell by a private message, but if someone is not listed to recieve a PM it's hard to talk in private. Many of us are or tend to be very careful. It's not so much with our DC family but because we do have visitors and feel the need to not say to very much. If you can recieve PM's I'd be gald to tell you a little about myself..Of course I can tell you I'm a woman considering i'm called Ma by the grand kids:LOL:

kadesma

Thanks all for you input- to me this site is almost like family appreciate all post ! I can tell by some names but others Iam clueless, just want to be close to all !!

It is very hard to use the old standards of judgement when you have the new standards of communication.
Everyone has agreed that there are some really cool people here. Only because you got to know them.
There are types of people that I tend to shy away from knowing. But since I have been at DC my relationship with others in my community have improved.

Older than dirt some days. Thankfully, I've lived longer than my father who died at age 55. He was so young...at least in my eyes. I was so young when he died.

I hope to live a very long time and be a help to our children and a fun grandmother to their children.

My standard is Buck's mother who is 93 and can run circles around anyone half her age. What a lady!! She was the mother I always wanted to have. (Another story. I had a VERY dysfunctional childhood.) At least I have had her for over 30 years. Whoppeee!!!

Marge, me too. I think one can tell by my profile that I'm female, live in Florida, have grandchildren and that is probably as much as you want to know.

lulu said:
Personally, although I am quite relaxed here among friends I am really aware of how public we are....sometimes I feel I have said too much.... Whilst I have no secrets among friends, its the others I worry about....DH has even suggestted I removed one of my locations from my profile...but I feel that doesn't give ppeople I haven't "met" enough to go on....

lulu, I feel as you do re profile and pics on the ww web. There were a few threads, some time ago, re What does your name mean and Are you male or female, don't recall the exact wording. You can probably find it in a search here.

Re profiles, I tried editing/deleting my location, but the message kept reading something like - invalid birthdate (which I left blank), & I couldn't edit. Mods/adminstrators, can someone look into this? TIA.

I posted a pic for about 5 seconds, but had second thoughts & deleted same, in part, because we are visible to the www & some comments/references were not appreciated. I may or may not post my pics again, but ask that member's comments not be a personal critique/personal observations. TIA

Some members are okay with pinpointing down to what city they live in etc. That's up to the individual & their comfort level. Another idea is to hook up with My Space, rather than posting here, and provide a link to same.

Last edited:
mish said:
Re profiles, I tried editing/deleting my location, but the message kept reading something like - invalid birthdate (which I left blank), & I couldn't edit. Mods/adminstrators, can someone look into this? TIA.

Think I got that for you mish. PM me if you need me to do something else.

I am 39 mother of 3 wonderful daughters, wonderful husband of 15 years.
My husband is a stay home dad, and I work:( just worked out that way
for us, but I am blessed that one of us are able to be at home raising the
kids.

i have been employeed at the same company for 21 years, boss of 22 people
most of the time i feel my kids are more responsible than the
people that work for me. It is hard to find good help these days. I remember
the good ol days when people took pride in who they were and what they
did.

I hope to retire early, guess I will need to keep playing the lottery:LOL:

Hey, great to see the Myspace follow-up thread, with members posting their links, pics etc. to Myspace. I signed up, but haven't had a chance to figure it all out, yet.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom