Pulling my hair out.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks Clair...

I went to see him today and all he could say was he was coming home tomorrow...I do miss him and would love to have him home but I can't give him the care he needs right now. The Nurse said he only has 25% use of his left leg and should go to a Skilled Nurseing Home but he says no..my wife can take good care of me. ..I asked him to please give me a few days to get the rest of the inflamation out of my back..I've been on strong muscle relaxers since he went in last Friday. His sis that lives near us is a retired Nurse so she called him and told him the same thing. Sooo he goes to a home tomorrow. Probably for just a few days but that's ok. It will work out.:)

Marge, I agree with everyone's advice - this is a great opportunity to take care of yourself! Rest, put your feet up, read or watch a movie or do something YOU like to do. Everything else can wait!! Big hugs to you and DH.

I cant agree more with the above statement. Marge PLEASE try to relax. We love you very much. I wish I lived close to you so I could help you out. Im praying that everything goes smoothly. Just remember that my heart is with you and Paul. :flowers: :in_love:

Marge,

Paul will get great care, you can rest and be ready to see him come home and enjoy being together instead of worrying if you will be able to care for him. This way you will both be stronger..We all care for you a great deal, please, take care of YOU..Hugs and prayers for both of you.:)
kadesma

I don't remember how I found this site but let me tell you all..I'm so glad I did ! You have been the best friends a "girl ":LOL: could have...

On the way home today I went into Lazyboy and chose a sofa..couch or what ever you want to call it..with the recliners on each end and a back support to make him more comfortable when he gets home.

Love to you all,
Marge

Agree

I have read all the comments and support you have received. Sure is encouraging to share your thoughts at this time. There is a famous quote, 'this too shall pass' and you have to believe that although right now it feels as if everything if 'falling' down on you. Just look up and depend on a higher, stronger One who knows your pain, physical and mental. If I could make personal suggestion, when your loved one goes into any kind of home I surely would make every effort to try to monitor things that take place. My brother broke his shoulder in March. His doctor and the home were assuring me he would receive therapy. I only know through divine intervention he got therapy for first time yesterday. All this while no one has seen him for therapy. I 'happened' to see local therapist on tv show and called him. He in turn made it possible for someone to investigate reason he hasn''t received any attention. My brother seemed so thankful that he finally is getting attention. I really didn't know that they would just ignore someone who needs attention and then tell me he would get help. If only people would tell the truth. Doctors are the same way. Doct or I respected retired. Today I have appointment with new one. I am praying that I will get someone with integrity and wisdom. I am praying for you too at this crucial time. As I expressed to my brother, we can't give up hope.

Last edited:
Paul went to the Rehab, Home on Monday..yesterday Wed. i was there and he broke my heart..I have never heard that man beg in all of our 57 years together. He wanted to come home..all he could say was "Please Mom, take me home.." over and over. He didn't think they were doing any thing there that we couldn.t do at home. They had him up and walked him down the hall. I told him they had to start slow and I would go to the desk and talk to someone. I did and I was right and then I checked on what Meds they have him on. His sodium is low so he has a restricted diet..no more that 1 leter (2 cups) of fluid a day. We talked to the Dr's nurse and she said our Dr wanted him to stay..this is a man who plays hard ball..Dana said if he woul leave against Dr.'s orders then he would dismiss him as a patient. I told Paul that Dr Homler is the very best Dr in our area and he knows it is true since other Dr.'s have said this and that they sure don't want him as a paitent..LOL..The house Dr and the Occ. theripest (sp) came in and we talked and then when they left he said "I'll compromise" Get me a pack of Cigg. and I'll stay. Yesterday afternoon Kevin went to see him and told him "Dad, I'll bring you anything you want..call me day or night and I'll be here in a flash"

We will see what today brings.
I don't think I can go over there today, I have re-injured my back again and can barely move.

Sorry guys, it sounds like all I do is complain.. I really don't mean to. Thanks for listening.

Marge, I'm glad Kevin's there for both you and Paul, too. He sounds like a good guy! Hopefully he can take a little of the strain off of you. You're doing the right thing--just don't forget that! Keep taking care of yourself. I don't like to hear about your back hurting so much again. :(

Dove said:
We made it through the Colenoscophy but I didn't mention that DH fell (again) last week in the driveway. It was a week ago yesterday. I have had to lift him in and our of a chair, pick up his feet to put him in and out of the car etc. He wouldn't go to the Dr because he was afraid they would cancel his appointment. Soo off to the Dr. today..he is now in the hospital with a fractured hip!!

I am about to pull my hair out.Enough is enough.........

I will pray for a while though I do pray for you all everyday!

Hang on Marge, it's ok to come tell us what is going on, I Bet not one person thinks you are complaining, we all want to know how things are going for you. That's wat friedns and family do...So, please, rest, take care of YOU and talk to us anytime you want to. hugs Marge

kadesma:)

Kadesma is right! Please know that we care about you. We are here to listen. I just wish that I lived closer to you so I could really do something to help out. Prayers are being sent.

smiles and hugs, Trish

Well guys, Paul comes home on Monday. Now the fun begins..forgive me for telling this but it is something I don't look forward to.( he has worn a "diaper" for the last month because he could'nt get out of bed with the fractured upper leg bone) soooooo it will be a 24/7 deal for me.

Other than that..Dove and I will welcome him home with open arms.

Marge,

I'm glad for the fact Paul is healed enough to come home, but, I'm still worried about all you are going to have to do..Is there some way to get some help, I know just how hard this can be...My mom and I had a lot of this with my dad when he was so very ill, and I still find it hard to believe that I was able to lift him from wheel chair to bed and bed to wheel chair and I weighed only 100 lbs. It wore me out until we got some help from Hospice...Dad didn't have cancer but needed a lot of help til the end And Hospice was a life saver for mom and I...At least Paul is mended and coming home...Look for some help Marge..You need that for both of you...

hugs to you both
kadesma

Paul's sister is about 7 minutes away..yesterday I said with a smile on my face "I may need a babysitter once in awhile" she said " no way, i might have that to do someday myself.." She is a retired Nurse !
He needs two shots a day in the tummy to prevent blood clots. I guess I'll have to learn how if he can't do it. What ever it takes.

Oh Marge,

My heart is heavy for all that you and your family is going thru now. Please, please get some help. A back problem is nothing to ignore. You cannot do this alone. All we can do here is pray and listen to you and give all the support we can. We love you, Dove, Paul and your sweet boys very much. Come back when you can and let us know how you are doing....... Hugs and Prayers,Linda

That's pretty selfish of his sister to say - hopefully she didn't really mean it. The best advice I can give you is take one day at a time. Will he be able to get out of bed with a walker when he gets home?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom