Quitting Smoking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That's pretty cool Angie, I know right now I could kill for one...:ermm:

I have heard about the hypnotism, thinking of looking into that. Right now I am on the patch again, but only takes the edge off doesn't kill the cravings completely...:w00t2:

And seriously, how exactly does she think nagging and following me around and searching me and the house on a constant basis is any help??:wacko:

:hammer::hammer::hammer:

Well, I promised my niece I would quit by her birthday and I had to do it. I had that incentive. She and I are really close.

I'm down!!!

I have been wanting to for a while but I am now more serious. Ready to tell family I will be edgy and to take it easy on me.

This is something I want more now than ever so I think it can happen.

Good luck to all that are trying!!!!!!

That's pretty cool Angie, I know right now I could kill for one...:ermm:

I have heard about the hypnotism, thinking of looking into that. Right now I am on the patch again, but only takes the edge off doesn't kill the cravings completely...:w00t2:

And seriously, how exactly does she think nagging and following me around and searching me and the house on a constant basis is any help??:wacko:

:hammer::hammer::hammer:
:) Hang in there Mav it will get better in a few days I'm suffering withdrawel as well as far as your wife I know what you mean even though DH knew I was really going to give it a shot he was nagging me even through the final hours of smoking when I asked him not to. I finally broke down and cried and cried he has absolutely no idea how hard it is.

I'm down!!!

I have been wanting to for a while but I am now more serious. Ready to tell family I will be edgy and to take it easy on me.

This is something I want more now than ever so I think it can happen.

Good luck to all that are trying!!!!!!

:) Well I'm here with you

:) So how is everyone doing? I'm doing better than I thought due to being on Paxil anyway, it has really taken the edge off physical thing but still is very difficult on the habit thing. I have not been functioning well and have been spending a lot of time in bed or the couch feeling sorry for my self but all in all doing OK.:wacko: My energy level is picking up and my sence of smell is incredible.;)

i never smoked either -well, one puff when i was in 8th grade - so i know i have NO say in the matter of quitting...but my dear hubby smoked for 30 plus years and quit cold turkey. I admire him SO much. I know nicotine addiction is very strong...and I have seen him a few times when I know he would easily cave in - but didn't! Stay strong...I've witnessed him feel better, sense of smell is better, he can walk farther, and enjoy physical activities more...and I KNOW he will live longer! God bless all who want to quit.

Hey guys just be glad you are doing this for yourselves. I don't think you'd like to go out for dinner, wake up a week later with a whole week of your life gone and even now you can't remember, part way through that week you ralize every time you move or your legs bother you and you want to sit up or in a chair someone slaps a patch on you, won't tell you why or what it is, then you ralize the smokes in yourpurse are gone, you get home there isn't a match to light a candle with and yourtold be a good girl and your legs won't bother you anymore we took care of it by putting patches to help you stop smoking on you..Who you ask decided this..your DH...That's fine, but ya know what gang, I still resent not being given a choice and being treated like the village idiot..It's been over a year, but there are time like the other night I woke up from a dream trying to light a lighter for a smoke..Stay strong if this is what YOU want to do, it is a better way tolive and at least you get to pick and choose yourself..
kades

Hang in there, Jackie. I know you can succeed.

I've never smoked but Buck did for many years and stopped "cold turkey." If you need support, just PM me. It's difficult but it's possible.

:) Thank You Katie and callie both of you understand just how hard it is it's not just the habit but the incredible amount of chemicals they put in these things to keep one addicted.

Hey guys just be glad you are doing this for yourselves.
kades

Not really, part of me wants to quit, part of me is resentful and sick and tired of being the one to always make the changes while the other parties seem content to never change no matter how troublesome it is to those around them...
But then, it was either I get to smoke for 5 years for sure, or quit and maybe get another 10 to 15 or even more... my choice.

:) One thing I find amazing is that non smokers are more understanding then ex smokers some ex smokers are so self rightous as oppsosed to smokers one would think they would be more understanding

Not really, part of me wants to quit, part of me is resentful and sick and tired of being the one to always make the changes while the other parties seem content to never change no matter how troublesome it is to those around them...
But then, it was either I get to smoke for 5 years for sure, or quit and maybe get another 10 to 15 or even more... my choice.
Exactly, YOUR choice:)
kades

Right now I am leaning towards a pack a day and over 5 years... but I am sure by now you have figured out it is the nicotine talking...
Still, all that nagging over the years has still built up a lot of resentment and makes it feel less like my choice and more like forced by circumstances and a nagging...
Anyway... one more day almost gone...

:) ex smokers are so self righteous

Yep, Jackie. Buck always said the worst person to talk about "quitting" smoking was the one who was someone who had quit. He dreaded talking to a friend/acquaintance who had quit somewhat earlier than Buck had. He got all the "whys" and "it's better for you" lectures, etc.

In the end, Buck quit cold turkey without anyone's nagging. Really, that's what the decision has to be. Yours!!! Buck was at 3 packs a day when he quit. It's possible.

Right now I am leaning towards a pack a day and over 5 years... but I am sure by now you have figured out it is the nicotine talking...
Still, all that nagging over the years has still built up a lot of resentment and makes it feel less like my choice and more like forced by circumstances and a nagging...
Anyway... one more day almost gone...
:) I know the nagging dos not help and makes one not want to quit they just don't understand that nagging will not make you quit and you will only quit when you want to quit no matter what anybody else says it's such a personal battle we do not need the nagging but for them to just leave us alone.

Yep, Jackie. Buck always said the worst person to talk about "quitting" smoking was the one who was someone who had quit. He dreaded talking to a friend/acquaintance who had quit somewhat earlier than Buck had. He got all the "whys" and "it's better for you" lectures, etc.

In the end, Buck quit cold turkey without anyone's nagging. Really, that's what the decision has to be. Yours!!! Buck was at 3 packs a day when he quit. It's possible.
;) You are right it seems some ex smokers just get right down nasty rather than understanding

Ugg, those are the worst!! I used to think, "Geez, if this is the kind of person you turn into after quitting.... maybe I don't wanna quit!"
You would think they would try and be a positive example instead.

Hang it there! Find yourself a good personal reason for quitting, be it silly or serious.. just something you feel strongly about.
And use that reason as your shield against all those oh-so-subtle-and-powerful urges.
Hardest thing I ever did in my life, but it sure is nice not stinking anymore! ;)

Back
Top Bottom