Quitting Smoking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:) How is everybody doing? I'm doing OK the back of my throat kind of tastes like an ash tray. I wonder if thats the the nicotine all ready coming out of my system?

I'm really jealous of you folks.. sometimes I would like to quit smoking, I even don't like the smell of others when they "fresh smoked"...
but I don't have the power (yet?)...

jpm, I had the same thing. Taste of nicotine in my mouth. I am proud of you. I quit July of 07. I always carry mints with me. PM me if you need me.

:)Wonder how everybody else is doing? I'm having a rough patch the past two hours so tempted to go to a neighbors to bum a cig but I'm not going to do it.

jpm, I had the same thing. Taste of nicotine in my mouth. I am proud of you. I quit July of 07. I always carry mints with me. PM me if you need me.
:) it's not from the lozenges either because I'm not using them because they really burn my throat but was definately was nicotine taste in my mouth. Many years ago after not smoking for six weeks my skin turned ash grey from the nicotine comming out.

Wow!!! I am so impressed! I love that y'all are keeping us up on your progress. We really are all rooting for you. I was just wondering how YT is doing, too.

this is the start of day 4, and it`s been **** Rough! but I haven`t given up and expect it should start to get a little easier now (going on past experience).
I`v had to keep my mind in "Ignore Mode" for the cravings and the constant mental nagging to smoke.
this morning I seem to be able to Focus much better and my concentration drifts a little less, so I Might even manage to get some work done :)

this is the start of day 4, and it`s been **** Rough! but I haven`t given up and expect it should start to get a little easier now (going on past experience).
I`v had to keep my mind in "Ignore Mode" for the cravings and the constant mental nagging to smoke.
this morning I seem to be able to Focus much better and my concentration drifts a little less, so I Might even manage to get some work done :)
Keep up the great work YT..I know it's hard but I know you can do it..I still have my moments, but I can walk by them in the store now and not want to grab a carton and run like heck..And I am not one of those who want to tell you it's better not to..BUNK you know all that crap and you know you can do this. You are stronger than it is.
kades

:) Hang in there guy it's gonna get better Iv'e been doing deep breathing exercises and it helps. We all have come too far to go back now we are just about through the hardest part.

You're all doing great!! Keep it up!! Keep coming on here to talk also. It does help, I promise. If you haven't downloaded the counter yet, please, do so. I know it's small, but, it really does give you something to look forward to. It's the first one that says quit counter.

Okay, so jp, YT, and Maverick are still all on the wagon - EXCELLENT!! Nice going!

How about NAChef?

Lee

I so glad to hear that everyone is still hanging in there! Keep It up! You can do it!

Allright--I will try to explain what it is like being a nonsmoker. (And I use to smoke)

After I quit I got my sense of smell back. I noticed that I hated the smell of my hair and clothes after I was around a smoker. I reeked of smoke and would have to change and shower and wash my hair.

Kissing a smoker was not so pleasant if they had not brushed their teeth. (yes, the old kissing an ashtray)

Watching someone you love (in this case my beloved father) suffer from emphesema and lung cancer is no picnic and neither is taking care of them. Further, they have a very ugly and cruel death.

Second hand smoke does harm those around you. My mom was diagnosed with emphesema and now is getting breathing treatments twice a day.

Finally, those who are bugging you to quit are doing so because they love you and want you around, but in the end, you have to want it yourself and do it for yourself.

It is a hard battle to get over. Nicotine is one of the most addictive drugs and it is common for those who succeed to crow about it and want to change the world. I agree it can be a real drag. I never talk about smoking unless I am encouraging someone who wants to quit and told me so. Further, there are all those fun little rituals that go along with it and all those times during the day that you associate with smoking. It is also an excuse to give yourself a little break. I know, I have been there but you can overcome the psychological part of the addiction, too. Find replacements, rewards etc.

Good luck to you all. Pm me if you want for encouragement and support.

:) Well, you are a day ahead of me. Don't slip now because you have already passed the first and hardest phase. Now the cravings will come in shorter increments, today it seemed like every thing I saw on TV people were smoking and quite enjoying it but they were actors who don't smoke it did give me a longing but it passed quick,

Back
Top Bottom